Why is ESPN out to get Losman?

Omar Little

I was just watching NFL Live and Trey Wingo said, "By the way, the Bills will start Kelly Holcomb on Saturday."

*The reason I have a problem with that is because it makes it look like the Bills benched JP. That's not the case, he's hurt.

Also, the ticker on ESPN has said, "Bills QB Kelly Holcomb will start Saturday"

*Don't like it for the same reason I listed above.

The question is, has ESPN ever uttered a positive word about Losman? Or the entire media for that matter? The only pro-Losman people in the media I've heard are Florio from profootballtalk and that Byrne guy from realfootball365. Two somewhat obscure people but at least they have their facts right.

Have you seen his stats? That's why.

Nobody is saying positive things about Alex Smith either and he was the #1 overall pick.

I was just watching NFL Live and Trey Wingo said, "By the way, the Bills will start Kelly Holcomb on Saturday."

*The reason I have a problem with that is because it makes it look like the Bills benched JP.  That's not the case, he's hurt.

The question is, has ESPN ever uttered a positive word about Losman? Or the entire media for that matter? The only pro-Losman people in the media I've heard are Florio from profootballtalk and that Byrne guy from realfootball365.  Two somewhat obscure people but at least they have their facts right.

532872[/snapback]

His stats aren't that terrible. When Eli Manning and Carson Palmer did poorly they'd always say, "Give them time, they'll be great." Where's the respect for JP? His stats through his first 9 starts are better than their's were.

As for Alex Smith, he's doing poorly but I've never heard anyone really criticize him for it. Maybe I'm wrong.

*The reason I have a problem with that is because it makes it look like the Bills benched JP.  That's not the case, he's hurt.

The question is, has ESPN ever uttered a positive word about Losman? Or the entire media for that matter? The only pro-Losman people in the media I've heard are Florio from profootballtalk and that Byrne guy from realfootball365.  Two somewhat obscure people but at least they have their facts right.

532872[/snapback]

Because the media is lazy. They take the first piece of info they get and run with it without checking out the whole story. By the end of the week everyone else around the country will be reporting that Losman was benched, can't play in the cold and snow, and is injury-prone. ESPN sucks. The few people that actually do research a story get drowned out by idiots like Wingo.

because we are losing games, and he is the QB. and we were winning games with Holcomb.

he also has only thrown over 200 yards ONCE this season.

i can see why they might be "out to get him".

Orton for the bears sucks worse, but the bears keep winning.

His stats aren't that terrible.  When Eli Manning and Carson Palmer did poorly they'd always say, "Give them time, they'll be great."  Where's the respect for JP?  His stats through his first 9 starts are better than their's were.

As for Alex Smith, he's doing poorly but I've never heard anyone really criticize him for it.  Maybe I'm wrong.

532876[/snapback]

Eli sucked a lot last year, but not for as long has people here seem to be indicating. He played like 5 games against 5 nasty defenses (Philly, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh) and finished the season strong vs. Dallas. JP has played poorly against bad defenses, and that includes NE who had been giving up 400+ yards against everybody they've played. Palmer caught on pretty quickly last year as well.

His stats aren't that terrible.  When Eli Manning and Carson Palmer did poorly they'd always say, "Give them time, they'll be great."  Where's the respect for JP?  His stats through his first 9 starts are better than their's were.

As for Alex Smith, he's doing poorly but I've never heard anyone really criticize him for it.  Maybe I'm wrong.

532876[/snapback]

Big difference with those three: they were all #1 overall picks. A lot more hype, and you know ESPN/Sportscenter craves superstars. JP is a low 1st round pick from a school who would never be confused with a football powerhouse. When you're a top pick, they put you on a pedastal immediately (right or wrong.) When you're an unheard of late-1st rounder from Tulane, playing in a small NFL market, they don't go out of their way to do you any favors.

Eli sucked a lot last year, but not for as long has people here seem to be indicating.  He played like 5 games against 5 nasty defenses (Philly, Baltimore, Washington, Pittsburgh) and finished the season strong vs. Dallas.  JP has played poorly against bad defenses, and that includes NE who had been giving up 400+ yards against everybody they've played.  Palmer caught on pretty quickly last year as well.

532967[/snapback]

Eli was also a rookie...

because we are losing games, and he is the QB. and we were winning games with Holcomb.

532945[/snapback]

Back we go here again......

Because the media is lazy.  They take the first piece of info they get and run with it without checking out the whole story.  By the end of the week everyone else around the country will be reporting that Losman was benched, can't play in the cold and snow, and is injury-prone.  ESPN sucks.  The few people that actually do research a story get drowned out by idiots like Wingo.

532941[/snapback]

Did you see the Carson Palmer article earlier this week? Unbelievable....the guy has one bad game all year and the media 'tards run out with the "Carson Palmer can't play in the cold??" story. :blink:

Back to ESPN, if you want to complain about them, I won't be able to convince you otherwise, but about 24 hours before they were scrolling Holcomb to start, they were scrolling JP to undergo MRI. So, they can expect the fans to put them together. Same with NFL live. The day before, they said Losman hurt his shoulder and would be tested. Why they don't love Losman is because there's not much to love about this team right now.

532872[/snapback]

They still have NFL Live? I thought they were 24/7 Poker, and havent tuned in lately

We won 2 games with Holcomb against teams with an even worse reocrd than us. And if you want, you can give Holcomb credit for the KC which technically is correct, but the guy who threw the TD's was Losman.

I don't recall Holcomb looking all that much better. First game he did fairly good, but each week after got a bit worse. I certainly wouldn't call it a no brainer to start Holcomb instead.

532945[/snapback]

532945[/snapback]

The Bills were supposed to be like the Bears this season. Young QB just learning the ropes with a great defense to help him along.

Ahhh, what might have been..... :lol: