Perhaps TD's biggest Failure

Chgrant

Is it just me, or has Jeff Posey flown under the radar of Bills who need to be called out for an awful 3 years? The guy is horrible, constantly out of position a la Nate Clements, but without the big plays that Clements' gambling style brings. Donahoe signed him in the first hour of free agency in 2003, then bragged to his buddy Len Pasquarelli that "we knew all along he was perfect for our system." Oh really?

Is it just me, or has Jeff Posey flown under the radar of Bills who need to be called out for an awful 3 years? The guy is horrible, constantly out of position a la Nate Clements, but without the big plays that Clements' gambling style brings. Donahoe signed him in the first hour of free agency in 2003, then bragged to his buddy Len Pasquarelli that "we knew all along he was perfect for our system." Oh really?

532157[/snapback]

So, signing Jeff Posey was Tom Donohoe's "biggest failure"? If that was the case, I think we would be making our third straight playoff appearence in January!

Guest BackInDaDay

I give Fletcher alot of crap about his pass coverage ability, but on one of the Pats short TD passes last week, Posey just about 'picked' London off the route.

Poor Posey is clueless where he's supposed to be from snap to snap.

In last year's Pittsburgh game he came upfield and stood in the B gap (between his DT and DE) unblocked as the Steeler RB ran right past him (Anyone remember that one? It was a big gain when we had to hold 'em).

I gotta believe it's Gray's gameplanning. Our LBs run around like headless chickens. He must be giving these guys so many reads that they can't find the ball. It's not just Posey, but his mistakes are :doh:

Unfortunately, he is perfect for our system.

532163[/snapback]

Yeah, really--our defense is premised on players being out of position, missing tackles, overpursuing, all while exhibiting a high motor. Posey fits that to a "T." :doh:

Seriously though, there are so many other guys to blame; I think Posey is probably not high enough on that list because he doesn't make collosal game-changing errors, like many of our other players tend to do. But he definitely has undeachieved--if you recall, the scheme when GW came in was to actually force things to Posey so he could make big plays. Then, all of a sudden, we learned that the scheme was to force things away from Posey, thereby justifying his paltry stats. I don't think anyone quite knows what his role on the defense is.

532157[/snapback]

Not a big Posey Fan...But I think that move falls light years behind the blunders of Hiring 2 HC's who were not ready to be NFL HC's... 0:)

Yeah, really--our defense is premised on players being out of position, missing tackles, overpursuing, all while exhibiting a high motor. Posey fits that to a "T."  0:)

Seriously though, there are so many other guys to blame; I think Posey is probably not high enough on that list because he doesn't make collosal game-changing errors, like many of our other players tend to do.  But he definitely has undeachieved--if you recall, the scheme when GW came in was to actually force things to Posey so he could make big plays. Then, all of a sudden, we learned that the scheme was to force things away from Posey, thereby justifying his paltry stats. I don't think anyone quite knows what his role on the defense is.

532168[/snapback]

One problem with Posey and his "big play abilities" are that he was the OLB in a 3-4 in houston, and then was switched to OLB in a 4-3 here. Theres a huge difference in roles and responsibilities between the 2 defenses. back in houston, he was allowed to roam free and rush the passer a lot. In a 4-3, there's a lot more coverages and responsibilities that he needs to do.

The pocket full of Posey pickup percolates.....err.....anyway.....Donahoe is like the guy in your fantasy football league who fancies himself a guru but gets laughed at for going 5-9 every year. So, he thinks he is some wise sage by picking up this unknown linebacker at 12:00:01am one day. 0:)

Been said a million times.....Donahoe, go back to ESPN and give Fatty Berman a thumbs up every 10 minutes.

The pocket full of Posey pickup percolates.....err.....anyway.....Donahoe is like the guy in your fantasy football league who fancies himself a guru but gets laughed at for going 5-9 every year.  So, he thinks he is some wise sage by picking up this unknown linebacker at 12:00:01am one day.  0:)

Been said a million times.....Donahoe, go back to ESPN and give Fatty Berman a thumbs up every 10 minutes.

532251[/snapback]

Ecactly how much did TD pay Posey? Was it 40 million?? Ahh no. I seem to remember Posey coming at a very reasonable rate. So he is a below average LB... It is not like we invested a ton of money into Posey....

One problem with Posey and his "big play abilities" are that he was the OLB in a 3-4 in houston, and then was switched to OLB in a 4-3 here. Theres a huge difference in roles and responsibilities between the 2 defenses. back in houston, he was allowed to roam free and rush the passer a lot. In a 4-3, there's a lot more coverages and responsibilities that he needs to do.

532213[/snapback]

I agree 100% here with you. Sadly, posey was brought in to be a pass rusher, but our defense has him doing anything but that. If we had the Dline to play 3-4 I would love for us to make the switch because we definately have the linebackers for it.

Ecactly how much did TD pay Posey?  Was it 40 million??  Ahh no.  I seem to remember Posey coming at a very reasonable rate.  So he is a below average LB...  It is not like we invested a ton of money into Posey....

532257[/snapback]

The Bills' first big splash in free agency, Posey signed a four-year, $6.4 million free agent contract with the team Friday.

Wow that killed our cap!!

Ecactly how much did TD pay Posey?  Was it 40 million??  Ahh no.  I seem to remember Posey coming at a very reasonable rate.  So he is a below average LB...  It is not like we invested a ton of money into Posey....

532257[/snapback]

Hey IndyJay...

not to go off-topic, but after seeing him play DT this year, I am officially resigning from the Lauvale Sape fan club, sorry. 0:)