i rest my case re wile e. mcgahee, supergenius

dave mcbride

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=562745&rfi=6

"Besides the uncertainty over Losman, there’s a question how much McGahee — he actually asked the media, before the San Diego game, what conference the Chargers were in — is committed to Buffalo, or his profession."

531917[/snapback]

On the question of being committed to his profession, i think the McGahee case rests upon:

1. He accumulated 2000 yards rushing faster than any Bill in history.

2. He (last time I looked) led the league in % of yards from scrimmage amassed for his team this year (I did not see this stat after the last game where WM's yards from scrimmage were so small, but given that the O basically consisted of two positive long passes to Evans and an electrifying run by Reed this number at the very least has WM aomong the league leaders in team dependency on one player)

3. He suffered a devastating injury in his last college game and somehow managed through hard work and diligence that nobody did for him and his career but him to build himself back to not only re-enter the game but actually be a workhorse capable of multiple 30 carry games with little more than Shaud Williams to back him up.

Quite frankly if one wants to close the case, the evidence and real life events point to WM having shown through his achievements versus vaunted Bills RBs like Thurman and OJ, the dependency on the O on him to gain yards and the fact that he came back from multiple knee injuries which have ended the careers of others that hard work and commitment are not his problems.

3. He suffered a devastating injury in his last college game and somehow managed through hard work and diligence that nobody did for him and his career but him to build himself back to not only re-enter the game but actually be a workhorse capable of multiple 30 carry games with little more than Shaud Williams to back him up.

Combine this with the fact that, had he not wanted to do rehab, he would've received a nice $2M insurance payout; that's probably about how much cash he's earned for busting his butt over the past three years.

CW

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=...id=562745&rfi=6

"Besides the uncertainty over Losman, there’s a question how much McGahee — he actually asked the media, before the San Diego game, what conference the Chargers were in — is committed to Buffalo, or his profession."

531917[/snapback]

Commitment to his profession huh? :doh:

It's just a guess, but I'm betting whoever wrote that would literally drop dead if they had to go through a single day of Willis' workout routine...

Just a guess... :lol:

Commitment to his profession huh?  :doh:

It's just a guess, but I'm betting whoever wrote that would literally drop dead if they had to go through a single day of Willis' workout routine...

531935[/snapback]

You are absolutely right.

Actually, I think that you may be on to something. It might get rid of 99% of the whingers on this board.

Better yet, maybe we can convince Jerry Sullivan to work out with WM. Now, that would be a sight . . . .

Commitment to his profession huh?  :doh:

531935[/snapback]

re all of the above responses, my post line made no comment about his commitment to his profession. it was a reference to his noggin's contents.

Willis strikes me as being the laid back type. Some people misread that to mean that he has no passion or doesn't care. I think all of the points that Fake-Fat points out pretty well dispute this.

What it does point out is that Willis is content to take care of what he has in his power to take care of -- and shrugs his shoulders at the things that he has no control over. Simply put, we all know that the the root cause of practically everything that ails the offense is the inferior OL. Willis can't do anything about that... All that he can do is work to keep himself in shape and make the most of his opportunities when given the ball.

The only negative to draw from this is that laid back players like Willis are usually not the source for leadership in the locker room. The hope is that the OL gets a major overhaul in the off-season and Willis becomes a leader ON THE FIELD.

re all of the above responses, my post line made no comment about his commitment to his profession. it was a reference to his noggin's contents.

531946[/snapback]

:doh:

quick dave...please explain in detail what this means...no fair using the internet now...

trips lt y-zoom 219 h-swing flood.

quick dave...please explain in detail what this means...no fair using the internet now...

531984[/snapback]

i'm not paid to understand that. mcgahee, however, is paid handsomely to have at least a passing familiarity of the league in which he participates.

i'm not paid to understand that. mcgahee, however, is paid handsomely to have at least a passing familiarity of the league in which he participates.

531987[/snapback]

Why does he need to know the league...?

Do you know everything about the ins and outs of the company you work for? I know that I can't tell you all of the cities that my company has offices in.

CW

531984[/snapback]

Three receivers lined up on the left of the formation. The Y receiver motions across the formation and runs a "1" route (a 5 yard out). The X receiver runs a slant, and Z runs a streak pattern. The HB floods the area created on the left with a swing route into the flat. Am I close? (Not sure if I'm right on the "zoom"/motion thingy). :lol:

Do you know everything about the ins and outs of the company you work for?  I know that I can't tell you all of the cities that my company has offices in.

CW

531998[/snapback]

Not only your company, but your competitors as well??? (a la the San Diego Chargers quote)

Do you know everything about the ins and outs of the company you work for?  I know that I can't tell you all of the cities that my company has offices in.

CW

531998[/snapback]

actually, i do. i guess what i'm trying to get at is that the guy strikes me as either painfully stupid, painfully ignorant, or painfully inarticulate. it's pretty apparent in pretty much every quote from him that i've read. now i certainly don't expect football players to be rocket scientists. obviously, none are. it's just that i haven't seen anyone in some time in a bills uniform who has come across as so unintelligent. he makes travis -- who can actually sound coherent and lucid in interviews -- seem like a valedictorian. it may be that he's bright but inarticulate, but if so, he still gives off a la di da impression that's not particularly endearing.

and peter, it has nothing to do with the U, a school i respect and which has produced many a bright nfl player!

Three receivers lined up on the left of the formation. The Y receiver motions across the formation and runs a "1" route (a 5 yard out). The X receiver runs a slant, and Z runs a streak pattern. The HB floods the area created on the left with a swing route into the flat.  Am I close?  (Not sure if I'm right on the "zoom"/motion thingy).    :lol:

532001[/snapback]

cheater. :doh:

Possibly the greatest hitter in the major leagues over the last 10 years, Manny Ramirez, doesn't study pitchers, and often doesn't know until the game's first pitch if the guy he will be facing that day is right or left handed.

532011[/snapback]

totally true. i don't like manny, but he's a great player. mcgahee has that potential too. manny mcgahee!!