Go Sabres!

mcjeff215

No question if this team was the Red Wings, Flyers or Pens they'd be all over the news.

I'm actually comfortable with them flying under the radar and, come playoffs, looking dangerous for the second season.

529414[/snapback]

TSN Canada thinks the Sabres are the 17th best team in the league.

Do we have Rodney Dangerfield on the power play?

529447[/snapback]

When they get to the playoffs, the rest of the league will start respecting them. I expect it to happen this year. These guys have heart. The city of Buffalo should be flocking to HSBC Arena -- the current Sabres are exactly the team this city is pining for.

529447[/snapback]

It's one guy's misguided opinion. I'm not too concerned over his opinion now, nor will I be concerned later in the season when he ranks the Sabres higher.

I'm more concerned with what Dallas thinks of them on Thursday and Pittsburgh thinks on Monday. Hopefully they come away thinking the Sabres are pretty good.

It's one guy's misguided opinion.  I'm not too concerned over his opinion now, nor will I be concerned later in the season when he ranks the Sabres higher.

I'm more concerned with what Dallas thinks of them on Thursday and Pittsburgh thinks on Monday.  Hopefully they come away thinking the Sabres are pretty good.

529486[/snapback]

It's not even his opinion. He uses some mathematical formula for the rankings. Even simple math hates Buffalo.

Is the irony lost on anyone that virtually all Sabre and Buffalo fans wanted the worthless, spineless GM, the tinkering terrible coach, and most of the gutless no name talentless players run out of town? ;)

529522[/snapback]

I think the leash was pretty short with Darcy this year and he was wise to not go make a lot of (possibly damaging) moves. What's lucky for us is that Tim Connolly seems to have found his zone and even guys who were struggling early on this year (Mike Grier) are now rising to the occasion. And all this is with some of our finest players on the bench. What a great surprise. Probably the biggest surprise has been Ruff's ability to handle this young team and adjust to the new rules. If he can keep them playing like this all year, he should be mentioned in Coach of the Year discussions.

Biron AND Miller.  ;)

529595[/snapback]

My point! The 'Bres have THREE goalies and need to deal one. My understanding is they couldn't decide whether to deal Marty or Mika...neither was playing well enough to want or to get value for. Well, now Marty is playing great. So...trade Mika? Get big value for Marty? (I think Miller stays for sure.) I dunno...what should they do?

QUOTE(Mile High @ Dec 12 2005, 11:24 AM)

Biron AND Miller. :doh:  unquote

My point!  The 'Bres have THREE goalies and need to deal one.  My understanding is they couldn't decide whether to deal Marty or Mika...neither was playing well enough to want or to get value for.  Well, now Marty is playing great.  So...trade Mika?  Get big value for Marty?  (I think Miller stays for sure.)  I dunno...what should they do?

529642[/snapback]

One of the 3 will be moved before this season is over barring major injury to one or more.

I'd say they should trade Marty. He is playing darn near the best hockey of his career and is currently getting a lot of friendly bounces that don't normally go his way (at least not in the 1st 1/2 of the season). His value is not likely to be any higher than it is currently / in the near future and he is making a lot of money in comparision to the other 2 goalies.

Mika is 2 years younger and is a quality backup that very likely could blossom into a starter if given the opportunity. I think Mika has more upside than Marty does (that stated, I doubt he (or Ryan for that matter) will break Marty's consecutive win streak).

I don't expect Darcy to make any moves in the near future as he has shown a tendency to wait for the "right" deal to come along. A wild card in which goalie gets moved, Marty or Mika, is that Lindy hasn't shown much faith in Mika in the past. Lindy isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so if he doesn't want Mika that would tip the scales toward Mika being the goalie that gets shipped. My expectation is that Mika gets traded, but I would trade Marty.