Congrats to Jerry Gray

Thailog80

i wonder if mularky had been "allowed to pick his own defensive coordinator"would this team be in the same bad shape?yes we would still have a anemic offense,but i truly believe our defense would be way way better.

528563[/snapback]

Dick LeBeau was the man.

His D held the Pats to under 500 yards of offense. Atta boy Jerry.

494 yards and not a yard more!!!!!!!!!

528537[/snapback]

It kinda reminds me of the 85 Bears.

The "legendary defense" talk swirling about after the Bills beat the Texans seems quite silly.

Before the season started I warned anyone who would listen that the Bills defense was VASTLY overrated. I showed that they ranked 21st in defense in a more accurate ranking system vs. the "we're ranked #2" crap. I guess the Bills believed their own hype along with the fans.

Nobody wanted to hear it. I got responses like "I trust Jerry Gray", "I trust Tom Donahoe", "I trust MM" etc. Predictions of 11-5 and 10-6 seasons were rampant here. Be honest. The consensus was 10-6 and a few sceptics were willing to conservatively confess to 9-7.

The defense ranking charade was further exposed because I pointed out the Bills played much weaker offensive teams last year. I even commented that they played a "Who's Who of bad offenses" last year. Nobody wanted to hear it.

Don't blame the messenger, but don't say you weren't warned.

In short, this season is absolutely no surprise to me. Disappointing, yes; surprising , no!

Sadly, as a Bills fan for 45 years, it gives me no pleasure to watch this team disintegrate.

His D held the Pats to under 500 yards of offense. Atta boy Jerry.

494 yards and not a yard more!!!!!!!!!

528537[/snapback]

What amazes me is that Bills fans forget that it was jerry who was burnt often during the greatest comeback in football history. Oh well time to blow up the coaching staff and the front office.