Stopped from entering the game !

Niagara Bill

I had a Tee Shirt that I made up that said...I am one of those Jerk Bills fans.

Security refused to let me in saying it was offensive...called over the cops and I had to remove it. <_<

Imagine if I had actually said something controversial.

This is TD goodie goodie attitute.

He has screwed our team, and screwed our tailgating and I hope Ralph does the only thing that can be done before we turn into Arizona east. B-)

I heard that they were going to take away signs relating to EM.  Were there any Moulds signs?

528416[/snapback]

The guy in front of us had a sign that said Free Eric on the front and Bring Back Marv on the back. It didn't get confiscated until the end of the 3rd quarter.

I had a Tee Shirt  that I made up that said...I am one of those Jerk Bills fans.

Security refused to let me in saying it was offensive...called over the cops and I had to remove it.  <_<

Imagine if I had actually said something controversial.

This is TD goodie goodie attitute.

He has screwed our team, and screwed our tailgating and I hope Ralph does the only thing that can be done before we turn into Arizona east. B-)

528399[/snapback]

Its so nice to know that in addition to being a waste as GM TD also has also chosen to ignore 1st ammendment rights in a stadium that is at least partialluy funded by public monies. Its hard to imagine a GM anywhere being so ignorant and thin skinned. This guy and his merry band of morons has to go. This is a travesty and the taxpaying public should be appalled.

That's a bunch of BS. Although I guess it does make sense, considering TD is obviously bigger than the Constitution.

528409[/snapback]

Not to take a side right now, but where in the Constitution does it say that you can do whatever you want, wehenver you want?

Not to take a side right now, but where in the Constitution does it say that you can do whatever you want, wehenver you want?

528463[/snapback]

I wouldn't call wearing a shirt that is not obscene, racist or threatening in what can easily be construed as a public place "doing anything you want". I know a good chunk of my tax dollars are invested in Orchard Park.

I wouldn't call wearing a shirt that is not obscene, racist or threatening  in what can easily be construed as a public place "doing anything you want".  I know a good chunk of my tax dollars are invested in Orchard Park.

528475[/snapback]

In some cases, like what happened in Detroit, it is counterproductive, but completely legal. I understand you want to express your displeasure, but they do have the right to prevent you from wearing it- the 1st Ammendment guarantees that the government wilkl not abridge free speech, etc......

Will preventing that shirt from entering accomplish their goals? Thats anyone's guess.

528463[/snapback]

It doesn't at all, nor did I say that it did. However, the 1st amendment does protect speech that is not considered lible, slander, obscene, or seditious. I would have a hard time believing that a t-shirt that said "I am one of those jerk Bills fans" would qualify as any of those. I'm sure that technically the Bills can regulate what they allow into the stadium, but in this case I think that its pretty much BS and like another poster said, shows how thin-skinned TD is.

In some cases, like what happened in Detroit, it is counterproductive, but completely legal. I understand you want to express your displeasure, but they do have the right to prevent you from wearing it- the 1st Ammendment guarantees that the government wilkl not abridge free speech, etc......

Will preventing that shirt from entering accomplish their goals? Thats anyone's guess.

528482[/snapback]

You call refusing admission to a taxpaper funded facility because of a slogan on a shirt not abridging free speach? I have see shirts that say things like f**k the dolphins allowed and those are certainly a lot more offensive than this. In a private facility you may be right, but then again, many private clubs have been forced to accept members on Bill of Rights grounds. However, the Ralph is too close to public for this kind of behavior.

It doesn't at all, nor did I say that it did. However, the 1st amendment does protect speech that is not considered lible, slander, obscene, or seditious. 

no, it prevents the GOVERNMENT from making a law about it. For all intents and purposes, the Ralph is a private entity on game day. They can tell you what you can't wear, no matter how stupid it may be.

no, it prevents the GOVERNMENT from making a law about it. For all intents and purposes, the Ralph is a private entity on game day. They can tell you what you can't wear, no matter how stupid it may be.

528525[/snapback]

Public police, at least partial taxpayer funding, it would be an interesting case for the ACLU. Especially since they have allowed much more obnoxios and obscene material. The selectivity would be an issue.

Before the game started, I wrote in the snow in front of our seats "Fire Mularkey". As the game & snow went on it wore out. I fixed it late in the 3rd or early in the 4th and within a couple of minutes stadium people were there. I had to rub the words out of the sign before they left. I thought I was in danger of being thrown out if I didn't erase it.

After the game Petrino called "The Coach" & told him about it.

I heard that they were going to take away signs relating to EM.  Were there any Moulds signs?

528416[/snapback]

What's stupid about that is that most fans are not very smart. They need to bring in a blank sign and put a message on it while inside!!! I mean are all Bills fans hicks and can't think or what?