Ralph & Eric ...

... Ralph might have actually said to Moulds, "Look ... I have to come down on the coach's side here. I'm going to be interviewing coaches in January, and I just CANNOT come across as an owner who'll side with the players over the coach. Just relax & lie low. Well take care of you." Could happen, and I'm not even sure it's far-fetched.

... Ralph might have actually said to Moulds, "Look ... I have to come down on the coach's side here. I'm going to be interviewing coaches in January, and I just CANNOT come across as an owner who'll side with the players over the coach. Just relax & lie low. Well take care of you." Could happen, and I'm not even sure it's far-fetched.

526552[/snapback]

Then long live ralph!!

526552[/snapback]

Sounds like a civil service scenario to me.

526552[/snapback]

I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like this happened PIA.

When we got crosswise with my mom before my dad came home from work, my dad would arrive as the enforcer..most times he would come into my room, close the door..yell (with a wry smile on his face) and bang the desk a couple of times--I would give the obligatory squeal of pain....and we would both go on our merry way--knowing the world still made sense. Years later when we admitted this to mom -- she admitted most times her banishments and punishments were overreactions...

Give me all the stuff about team discipline you want--Mularkey handled this poorly..the coach is supposed to be the best communicator on the team and the peacemaker when players and position coaches argue (which happens ALL the time)..Mularkey should have been the final enforcer in this case and instead he escalated it to a level that appears to be far above the worthiness of the situation. Ralph has to be wondering if Mularkey is a capable leader for this franchise. There is no question in mind that retaining Mularkey will not be a requirement of the new General Manager...

... instead he escalated it to a level that appears to be far above the worthiness of the situation. Ralph has to be wondering if Mularkey is a capable leader for this franchise.  There is no question in mind that retaining Mularkey will not be a requirement of the new General Manager...

526571[/snapback]

Amen. They let this grow way too large way too quick ... Not only that, but they took away Losman's most reliable target just in time for the world champs to come into town. Notice I didn't say "best" ... I said most reliable. Moulds has shown up every game to play. There were games this year when I swear he was the ONLY guy who showed up.

Yeah, I'm sure Moulds thought to himself, "A new head coach? Again? Sure, I'll be glad to stick around some more, Ralphie. I love it here."

526599[/snapback]

The meaning of taking care of Eric could be letting him go to a contender and letting the Bills gain a lot of cap room......after 10 years of football Purgatory...

526552[/snapback]

It's not far fetched at all and that's the odds on thing that happened.

526552[/snapback]

That was kind of my point in my exchange with Kelly T Dog and Double G in another thread.

I don't know that this happened and it requires a leap of faith. But making ANY sense of this requires speculation and this just "feels" like something that could happen, IMO.