Bledsoe a Hall of Famer?

inkman

linky

I saw this.

"Mention Bledsoe's name to any Patriots fan and he'll spit like a camel. Despite his once-in-a-generation arm, few players have sandbagged his teams more. With the mobility of a grandfather clock and a dogged indecisiveness, Bledsoe is like the water buffalo innocently taking a drink in the Serengeti -- you know it's only a matter of time before a mauling."

...and this

"Having Bledsoe as your team's starting QB is like having dial-up Internet access; he's slow, he's clunky and he causes you to throw objects at the screen."

Good article that puts this ridiculous debate to rest. Bledsoe was a mediocre at best QB in his prime

"Bledsoe is like the water buffalo innocently taking a drink in the Serengeti -- you know it's only a matter of time before a mauling" <_<

This writer is a hack. First off he takes bit and pieces to "justify" his reasoning. While Drew made lead the NFC in fumbles, this year, he forgets about the 6 others that have 11 or 12 fumbles. So statistically right there with him. Secondly one year doesn't make or break a HOF chance.

Stats and winning is what gets you there, and while Drew hasn't won too much the last 4-5 years, he has been one of the best QB's overall the last 12 years in the league.

Sour grapes may not be sour, when only looked at.

few players have sandbagged his teams more.

526154[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. <_<

"clunky QB"... good nickname for him as a kid, "Hey Clunky, gimme your lunch money"

:angry::o:D

Good article. didn't tell us anything we don't already know, but it's nice that it's out there. Quite timely, too, now that his latest meltdown has begun. :D

I feel guilty knocking Bledsoe. By all accounts, he is the rare personification of class. In the 2001 AFC title game against Pittsburgh, Brady went down with an ankle sprain and the displaced Bledsoe came on in relief, throwing a dramatic touchdown pass to lead the Patriots to a 24-17 victory. What I remember best about that day is how fired up Bledsoe was and how the Patriots fans were equally as fired up. Not for their own fortunes, but for Drew's. For once, we were not cheering the athlete but the person. Unfortunately, though, being a good guy isn't among the criteria for enshrinement into the hall.

That pretty much sums it up for me. People forget that Drew was 2-0 in AFC Championship games. That his numbers compare favorably with Fouts is like saying that Mickey Morandini hit more HRs than "Home Run" Baker, so he should be in the HOF. At one time, Danny White was the all-time pass rating leader.

Stats and winning is what gets you there, and while Drew hasn't won too much the last 4-5 years, he has been one of the best QB's overall the last 12 years in the league. 

http://www.eagletribune.com/news/stories/20050327/SP_004.htm

Bledsoe is 89-88 as a starter, including playoffs.

Breaking down that even further hurts him even more. Over his career, he has played against 39 teams that finished the season at 10-5-1 or better (we call those very good teams, winning twice as much as you lose).

Bledsoe for his career is -- please hide this from the children -- 5-34.

Good QB? Yup. HOF QB? NFW.

"Dallas had a chance to gain control of the NFC East, yet Bledsoe turned in a 15-for-39, 146-yard stinkeroo of a performance lowlighted by two interceptions and two fumbles, including a muffed handoff to Julius Jones that the Giants returned for a touchdown and a 17-0 cushion."

OMFG, what a performance in a big game!!

I also think Drew is a great guy, but his horrible performance makes me feel better about myself, and about my football team <_<

I really can't feel sorry for anyone making millions playing a game for a living.

linky

I saw this. 

"Mention Bledsoe's name to any Patriots fan and he'll spit like a camel. Despite his once-in-a-generation arm, few players have sandbagged his teams more. With the mobility of a grandfather clock and a dogged indecisiveness, Bledsoe is like the water buffalo innocently taking a drink in the Serengeti -- you know it's only a matter of time before a mauling."

...and this

"Having Bledsoe as your team's starting QB is like having dial-up Internet access; he's slow, he's clunky and he causes you to throw objects at the screen."

526154[/snapback]

Hysterical!!!!

People forget that Drew was 2-0 in AFC Championship games. 

526181[/snapback]

He's actually only won one CG. He was 20 of 33 for 178 yards had no TDs 1 Interception in a game where the only offensive TD scored was on a drive set up by the defense at the Jags 4 yard line. Martin ran it in on consecutive runs. Bledsoe didn't even have a thing to do with those points.

Krieg IIRC leads the NFL in all-time fumbles,

526337[/snapback]

No, he's 2nd. Moon is 1st, Elway is 3rd.

Vinny has never led his team to a SB, much less won 2 AFCCG's. 

526337[/snapback]

As we all know, Drew has only won 1 AFCCG. Meanwhile, Jim Plunkett won 2 SBs, and is still waiting. <_<

Repeat after me, football is not baseball, football is not baseball, football is not baseball....

Bledsoe has zero shot at the HOF.

JDG

526161[/snapback]

I have no idea what you mean by this John. Imo it is WAY tougher in baseball to enter the hall.

Last week, Drew passed Jim Kelly in touchdown passes, and is inching closer to Fouts in total yards.

Imo, this conversation is premature.