"Someday you'll understand"

It came from Norv Turner, when MM challenged him for running up the score against us in Oakland a few weeks back. Recall that with just seconds left to go, the Raiders pounded it in for another TD, rather than just taking the knee.

MM didn't get it then, and he clearly didn't get it yesterday that no lead is safe in the NFL, and it is NEVER a crime to run up the score. I wonder if he understands now.

It came from Norv Turner, when MM challenged him for running up the score against us in Oakland a few weeks back. Recall that with just seconds left to go, the Raiders pounded it in for another TD, rather than just taking the knee.

MM didn't get it then, and he clearly didn't get it yesterday that  no lead is safe in the NFL, and it is NEVER a crime to run up the score. I wonder if he understands now.

521387[/snapback]

The Oakland lead wasn't safe with seconds left to go?

MM didn't get it then, and he clearly didn't get it yesterday that  no lead is safe in the NFL, and it is NEVER a crime to run up the score. I wonder if he understands now.

521387[/snapback]

That's a weak argument. They were up by multiple scores, with the ball, and could've taken a knee to END THE GAME. It's not like they would've had to give us the ball back with a chance to win.

It would've taken more time than was even on the clock to run all the way for a TD.

CW

Maybe I should re-word my post. Instead of saying "No lead is ever safe", I think my point was more that you NEVER take your foot off your opponents' throat.

521432[/snapback]

Taking a knee to end the game ISN'T taking your foot off their throat. <_< Scoring (or attempting to score) is just being an ass in that situation.

Maybe I should re-word my post. Instead of saying "No lead is ever safe", I think my point was more that you NEVER take your foot off your opponents' throat.

521432[/snapback]

Please explain to me how taking a knee to END the game so you WIN is taking your foot off your opponents throat?

Once they are dead, you can remove your foot.

521432[/snapback]

No you shouldn't reword your post...you were just wrong. The two situations were ENTIRELY different. You really have no point.

imo, what Norv meant with his comment is that someday MM will have a bunch of hungry , underachieving players, chomping at the bit to get as many TD's as possible in a game that finally went their way after a series of tough losses. What Norv meant is that sometimes MM will have to throw his players a bone when they've earned it.

imo,  what Norv meant with his comment is that someday MM will have a bunch of hungry , underachieving players, chomping at the bit to get as many TD's as possible in a game that finally went their way after a series of tough losses.  What Norv meant is that sometimes MM will have to throw his players a bone when they've earned it.

521456[/snapback]

You give Norv credit for having a deep thought.

Honestly, I think Norv (Norv? What a freakin stupid name) meant: "Shut the fu#k up, punk. How dare you question me? For that, I'll take a shot at your relative inexperience."

Whatever...it is unrelated to yesterday's game.

Given the way MM is coaching I somehow wonder if he will ever be in the position to run up the score against anybody. Some of us are the ones with our feet on someone's throat...and some of us are the one's whose throat are under somebody's foot. we pretty much know the kind that MM is.

Given the way MM is coaching I somehow wonder if he will ever be in the position to run up the score against anybody.  Some of us are the ones with our feet on someone's throat...and some of us are the one's whose throat are under somebody's foot.  we pretty much know the kind that MM is.

521465[/snapback]

How quickly we forget last season.... <_<

521387[/snapback]

So one 4-8 coach was trying to explain the game to another 4-8 coach......how enlightening for us all.

521387[/snapback]

Yea, I'm not quite sure thats what he meant, that play was with 5 seconds left on the clock. That sounds more like a Obi-Wan Kenobi quote rather than Norv turner <_<

"Someday you'll understand", Anyone remember that comment?

Is that the comment Mike Vick used on the girl when she asked what those "cold sores" are?

Or perhaps Norv was talking about how he had Lamont Jordan RUN THE BALL in for a TD when they were inside the 5, instead of floating up a pass.