"Someday you'll understand"

"Points For" is one of the tie-breakers. I don't blame any team for running up the score. Buffalo could have taken a knee during the AFC Championship game against Oakland and walked off the field with a 48-3 victory. Instead, we kick a field goal for the sake of breaking 50 points. What gives the Bills the right to be upset with Oakland this season. Sure wish Norwood had saved that field goal for the Giants.

"Points For" is one of the tie-breakers.  I don't blame any team for running up the score.  Buffalo could have taken a knee during the AFC Championship game against Oakland and walked off the field with a 48-3 victory.  Instead, we kick a field goal for the sake of breaking 50 points.  What gives the Bills the right to be upset with Oakland this season.  Sure wish Norwood had saved that field goal for the Giants.

521759[/snapback]

Thank you. Look at the offenses in the AFC West. If Oakland had been competitive, a tie-breaker could well come into play.

Buffalo could have taken a knee during the AFC Championship game against Oakland and walked off the field with a 48-3 victory.  Instead, we kick a field goal for the sake of breaking 50 points.  What gives the Bills the right to be upset with Oakland this season. 

521759[/snapback]

Well, maybe because that happened in 1991 and MM and staff had NOTHING to do with it.

Thank you. Look at the offenses in the AFC West. If Oakland had been competitive, a tie-breaker could well come into play.

521760[/snapback]

Yeah, except the chances of it EVER going to that deep of a tiebreaker are practically 0. It's the 7th tiebreaker (out of 10).

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

That's like saying the Patriots were justified in going for two after the "Just give it to 'em game" because they might need the points for a tiebreaker. It's classless, plain and simple.

CW

Yeah, except the chances of it EVER going to that deep of a tiebreaker are practically 0.  It's the 7th tiebreaker (out of 10).

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

That's like saying the Patriots were justified in going for two after the "Just give it to 'em game" because they might need the points for a tiebreaker.  It's classless, plain and simple.

CW

521770[/snapback]

Whatever. That's pretty low on my list of what football concerns I have. I'd be happy to see the bills field a team capable of running up the score.

as long as the other team is gonna keep playing there is no shame in running up the score.plus isnt points scored  part of the tie breaker process in determining playoffs?

521905[/snapback]

Do people even read threads before posting their comments....?

Look what I posted three hours before you, including a link and everything. It's the *7th* tiebreaker, and as far as I know, has never gone that far before.

CW