Rate this in top losses in Bills History

diver

And to the fish on top of it.  The look of MM on the sideline did not seem to be one of a plan to win the game.  It was "what the hell is happening.  What do we do now, Run the ball run the ball."

520399[/snapback]

He looks the country bumpkin. Now he's coaching like he looks.

In terms of regular season games and blowing a 21 point lead. Tell me then I just part of the whole picture of the season. Would you think losing to SD last week is worse. NO it was the type of game. Letting it slip away after such a lead.

Ranks right behind the Music City Debacle for me.

520519[/snapback]

damn that game was no where near that level of robbery. the bs call kept us from winning that game, where today the play calling in the second half kept us from winning the game. The fact of the matter is that the Titans(or the refs) stole that game, and the Bills lost today's game by themselves.

IMO, i would rather us lose late in the game than gte blown out... a blow out means the team is clearly worse on that day and probably sucks, where a close loss means the team did some stuff right and has something that they can build upon. I think last weeks loss was worse as well as some of the ugly 2001 games w/ RJ at the helm

Ranks right behind the Music City Debacle for me.

520519[/snapback]

damn that game was no where near that level of robbery. the bs call kept us from winning that game, where today the play calling in the second half kept us from winning the game. The fact of the matter is that the Titans(or the refs) stole that game, and the Bills lost today's game by themselves.

IMO, i would rather us lose late in the game than gte blown out... a blow out means the team is clearly worse on that day and probably sucks, where a close loss means the team did some stuff right and has something that they can build upon. I think last weeks loss was worse as well as some of the ugly 2001 games w/ RJ at the helm

And to the fish on top of it.  The look of MM on the sideline did not seem to be one of a plan to win the game.  It was "what the hell is happening.  What do we do now, Run the ball run the ball."

520399[/snapback]

Well I think you have to seperate Post Season losses...a whole different type of loss in those...But as far as regular Season goes I can remember that NE Game a few Year back with the horrible Spot on the 4th Down sideline Pass Play, and the PI Call in the End Zone...That was worse...Outside of that I can not remember being THIS angry and frustrated with a Regular Season loss...ever...

I realize I may be in the severe minority, but losing to The Fish in that manner just killed me...It really did...Broke my spirit...Hence I've been calling for a complete House cleaning for over 8 Hours now...Time to feed the anger... :(

Well I think you have to seperate Post Season losses...a whole different type of loss in those...But as far as regular Season goes I can remember that NE Game a few Year back with the horrible Spot on the 4th Down sideline Pass Play, and the PI Call in the End Zone...That was worse...Outside of that I can not remember being THIS angry and frustrated with a Regular Season loss...ever...

I realize I may be in the severe minority, but losing to The Fish in that manner just killed me...It really did...Broke my spirit...Hence I've been calling for a complete House cleaning for over 8 Hours now...Time to feed the anger... :(

520527[/snapback]

I would agree on the complete house cleaning... but I only have to go as far back as last year's Steelers game to find a more embarassing and humiliating loss. :(

Losing to the Dolphins, in any fashion always sucks. This game sucked in the end. However, it doesn't rank that high on my list, unfortunately. If either team was good, or if something was on the line (pride is overrated these days, it seems), it might hurt a little more...

Personally, I found the loss to San Diego a lot more demoralizing than this one. I emotionally cut myself off from the results of the games, the rest of the way, after that one...the Chargers loss clearly illustrated, for stubborn fans like me who normally see the glass half full, how far this team has to go to even be able to hang with the better teams in the leauge...up till that Chargers game, I still felt like this team was better than its' record...now, they are what they are...

Honestly, and I might get blasted for this, I was more pleasently surprised by the feistiness the Bills showed for two and a half quarters, on the road, than I was surprised by the collapse in the end...Patriots, Broncos and Bengals should be fun!

Losing to the Dolphins, in any fashion always sucks.  This game sucked in the end.  However, it doesn't rank that high on my list, unfortunately.  If either team was good, or if something was on the line (pride is overrated these days, it seems), it might hurt a little more...

520549[/snapback]

Exactly. In fact, I think it compares quite "favorably" :( with the 2001 loss at home when Jay Fiedler & Chambers came back & beat us with 24 4th-quarter points..

Remember & Weep :(

Exactly. In fact,  I think it compares quite "favorably" :(  with the 2001 loss at home when Jay Fiedler & Chambers came back & beat us with 24 4th-quarter points..

Remember & Weep :(

520551[/snapback]

I remember it well....sad to realize that 4 years later, this team isn't really any better than the 2001 team...how far we have not come over the years...

I remember it well....sad to realize that 4 years later, this team isn't really any better than the 2001 team...how far we have not come over the years...

520552[/snapback]

Wow, look at this from that article:
Eric Moulds, who complained during the week about not being used enough, caught six passes for 196 yards and scored two touchdowns, including 54-yarder on a remarkable one-handed grab.

"It's not really about me, it's about wins," Moulds said. "I'm so into winning that it hurts so much sometimes that I say things I shouldn't say. But I just want to be a part of winning."

Deja vu... except back then he still had it. :(

Read the Rochester News post this morning. They are in agreement that it is one of the worst. Ya I guess maybe there were worst but its about right here and right now and nothing since the Kelly era. Maybe that's why it feels so bad. Its only a game and we are only fans.

Those earlier teams had an excuse: They were completely devoid of talent. This team has no excuse, which makes it one of the all-time biggest disappointments.

Those earlier teams had an excuse: They were completely devoid of talent. This team has no excuse, which makes it one of the all-time biggest disappointments.

520611[/snapback]

My anger over the loss is tempered by the fact that this team has been such a

disapointment all year. So, initial disapointment aside, its not that high on the list.

I have disasgree about your assesment of our talent too.We have some vets, but since coming to Buffalo they have been average at best. Also, our skill positions are young.

Not even close to ranking up there!

Speaking of Miami loses through the years... Losing to the Fish in the Orange Bowl by ONE POINT the year Miami had its unbeaten season (1972).

Wasn't that game also 24-23? That Bills team went 4-9-1 in 1972.

Now that hurts!

Agian, this loss is not even close... Both teams SUCK!

Read the Rochester News post this morning.  They are in agreement that it is one of the worst.  Ya I guess maybe there were worst but its about right here and right now and nothing since the Kelly era. Maybe that's why it feels so bad.  Its only a game and we are only fans. 

520611[/snapback]

Again, I have to gracefully disagree.

My post above mentions the 1972 Bills losing to the Dolphins 24-23, the year the Dolphins had a perfect season.

That team had a smilar poor record... The Dolphin's, well you know how their season was and all the hype...

A POOR Bills team gave them their closest scare that year!

Seems how everyone forgets history or they want to make it up as they go.

The most important thing to remember is that both these teams stink. Nobody will remember this game.

Kinda weird... As I was perusing the 1972 season stats, I notice that the NE Patriots really sucked that year (3-11)... One of their 3 wins came against the NFC representative in the SB that year (Washington)... What was the score of that NE-WASH game? You guessed it 24-23!

That's odd?

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.