Loyalty runs thin these days dont they?

Its a darned good thing Im not an NFL GM, because there is NO WAY i would be able to cut such loyal people like Eric Moulds ... yet many on this board want to give him his walking papers ...  ;)

519894[/snapback]

Sad, yes. He has been loyal to the team. However, he is not getting it done and is being paid FAR too much.

Me? I love JP ... i like to think that he will be our QB of the future ... but I recognize that he is a rookie and it is going to be hard for the VERY BEST of receivers to have a good year with a rookie QB.

519942[/snapback]

Mould should do everything in his powers to help, but these are the facts:

he's older

he's slower

he has a HUGE salary number

sorry, we need that money for an OL, hopefully after TD is shitcanned

With extra cap space, our braintrust signed Bennie Anderson and Mike Gandy.

If there is a can't miss player out there to take Moulds' spot... why not? Otherwise, don't run your best players out of town.

Of course not.

But are you willing to pay him his entire salary?

I'd hope not given his numbers.

519953[/snapback]

He is older ... but are you 100% positive he is slower? Have you clocked him?

519950[/snapback]

I'm positive he's slower. I watch him 8 times a year from the 50 yard line and he just can't get open like he used to. In fact, it's common knowledge. He runs like a LB nowadays.

In the right situation he could be productive still, but that would be somewhere like KC where the OL protects all day, the RB's are dominant, the QB has a ton of experience and an All Pro TE draws a ton of attention. Philly or KC are my guesses for his destination next year and he can play out the string a'la Tim Brown with the Faiders.

Jeez guys. While were transforming the team ... are you ready?

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

tattttttttaaaa ttttaaattaaa

LETS MOVE THE TEAM TO SYRACUSE!!

That big change HAS to help us!

how could it not? its a BIG change!!!

<_<

520088[/snapback]

I'm positive he's slower.  I watch him 8 times a year from the 50 yard line and he just can't get open like he used to.  In fact, it's common knowledge.  He runs like a LB nowadays.

In the right situation he could be productive still, but that would be somewhere like KC where the OL protects all day, the RB's are dominant, the QB has a ton of experience and an All Pro TE draws a ton of attention.  Philly or KC are my guesses for his destination next year and he can play out the string a'la Tim Brown with the Faiders.

520102[/snapback]

There is NO WAY you can convince me that ONE off-season makes the difference between a good 88 catch Eric Moulds and a slow 60 catch Eric Moulds ... he had nearly 90 receptions with Bledsoe last year.

Its a darned good thing Im not an NFL GM, because there is NO WAY i would be able to cut such loyal people like Eric Moulds ... yet many on this board want to give him his walking papers ...  <_<

519894[/snapback]

Mould was good, but i dont recall him ever having 2 #1wr calibur seasons back to back.

And he is definaly not deserving of what his contract is due to pay him next year.

There is NO WAY you can convince me that ONE off-season makes the difference between a good 88 catch Eric Moulds and a slow 60 catch Eric Moulds ... he had nearly 90 receptions with Bledsoe last year.

While it's probably been a more gradual decline, I admit that this has really been the first year where I feel like I can see a notable difference in Moulds' ability.

He used to be much more explosive in short areas but he's just not the same athlete he once was. And that massive cap number makes his departure all but a done deal.

And my guess is that somebody in the organization told him so and somehow it manifested itself on the sidelines today.

i.e.

Coach: E, you've got to sharpen up your routes and play more physical.

Moulds: Why the hell should I, I'm just going to get cut anyways.

Coach: OK then, have a seat for a while.

In the right situation he could be productive still, but that would be somewhere like KC where the OL protects all day, the RB's are dominant, the QB has a ton of experience and an All Pro TE draws a ton of attention. Philly or KC are my guesses for his destination next year and he can play out the string a'la Tim Brown with the Faiders.

Moulds had his best years when Flutie was Bills QB, so I say he ends up in New England. They know how to recycle vets.