WAY TO GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!&#33

SOaB. Only the second game I could see so far this year (the opener was the first) and they play like sh--. No hitting at the beginning of the game.

The Sharks announcers didn't mention the sSabres for the first minute or so. The color guy kept mispronouncing Norenen's name.

Who is the black player on the Sabres? They showed him going to commercial and you couldn't see his #.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOaB. Only the second game I could see  so far this year (the opener was the first) and they play like sh--.  No hitting at the beginning of the game.

The Sharks announcers didn't mention the sSabres for the first minute or so. The color guy kept mispronouncing Norenen's name.

Who is the black player on the Sabres? They showed him going to commercial and you couldn't see his #.

518236[/snapback]

Mike Grier.

Buffalo is going to be flatter than, well, nevermind.  First night back in town off a road trip.  Those games usually suck harder than, well, nevermind again.  I wish there was a few days in between Mtl. and the Sharks.

517591[/snapback]

Good call. 5-0 early in the second.

The trade must have put the fear of god into the Sharks, because from seeing the "highlights" on the news here this year, this is their best game of the season.

518240[/snapback]

Easily. They're perhaps the most talented and deep team in the Western Conference with only Ottawa being at that level. The problem is they haven't played up to it. I honestly don't think they'd have even thought about the trade had it not been for Joe Thornton.

That was horrid.  I was there, section 106.  My first Sabres game and they fall f-l-a-t.  Noronen must have put his mask on backwards...he couldn't stop a shot from stojan's grandmother...

518293[/snapback]

I dont think it had anything to do with Noronen. Whomever said the Sabres would come out flat was right on the money. The Sharks played one of their best games of the year on the other hand. Thortons addition fills a couple major holes that San Jose has had the last few seasons. A consistent power center. Someone who can win faceoffs. Someone who can lead the powerplay.

What was strange about this game is that it also somehow, made Nabokov come around to his old solid dependable self. The entire team seemed to be energized(or scared) by the trade and I really hope it continues. To bad it had to come at the expense of the Sabres because I really do have a soft spot for them. Even though those uni's last night were horrible!

Anyway, should be interesting to see what happens tonight in Toronto. Only thing that pisses me off is that Direct Tv will be giving us the local Fox Sports Bay Area telecast. Wont be getting the usual HNIC broadcast that I usually get for Leaf games. Gonna miss Cherrys take on the whole deal. Oh well. Can get that on CBC's website after the game.

We are getting murdered tonight. The stands look barren too. Very depressing.

518252[/snapback]

I went to the game, didn't catch the announced attendance but it was close to a sell-out with a LOT of will call / last minute ticket buyers. Hopefully those people who came to their 1st game give the Sabres a mulligan.

I went to the game, didn't catch the announced attendance but it was close to a sell-out with a LOT of will call / last minute ticket buyers.  Hopefully those people who came to their 1st game give the Sabres a mulligan.

518357[/snapback]

I think announced was something like 18007. Attendance looked prety close to that to me.

Tired legs last night, and everybody forgot how to skate.

Well it was a great little run, wasn't it?

518387[/snapback]

They also forgot how to pass...Oh, well, a night off while they travel to Colorado...

That was horrid.  I was there, section 106.  My first Sabres game and they fall f-l-a-t.  Noronen must have put his mask on backwards...he couldn't stop a shot from stojan's grandmother...

518293[/snapback]

I was planning to drive in, but roads were looking pretty rough to take the 219.

Did you walk to the window to get tickets, or do you use Ticketmaster with

their crummy surcharges?

I was planning to drive in, but roads were looking pretty rough to take the 219.

Did you walk to the window to get tickets, or do you use Ticketmaster with

their crummy surcharges?

518402[/snapback]

Tickets were a gift. 10 in the group, 9 were bought together, I think the 10th bought at the window. We were in 106, he was in the 300's, behind the same-side goal...Roads weren't all that bad coming in from the East..