Do you want to see the Colts go 19-0 ?

Niagara Bill

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it may be quite difficult for the Bills to win the SuperBowl this season, i wish the Colts a perfect season, and win it all.

I think they will get a ring at least once, and if it's not this year it will next year ; and next year we might be a real contender.

If they win this year, their envy should be quite less important.

I would love to see those old Dolphins players have to leave the champagne bottle closed this year and from now on. Their yearly tradition was getting rather lame and they know that they played a cupcake schedule and only 16 games. If the Colts do it this year in 19....it will make everyone forgot about those !@#$ing 1972 Dolphins. :doh:

As much as I'd like to see those old Felons slapped, this is not the team nor the town that I want to see do it. Some would call them the greatest team in history, and I can't see them touching the top 20-25... kinda like the 72 Felons. :doh: . In any event, I predict a perfect regular season & a 2nd-round loss to the Patriots. 16-1 ain't too bad, though. :D

Some would call them the greatest team in history, and I can't see them touching the top 20-25... kinda like the 72 Felons.  :doh: .

516522[/snapback]

Doubtful (though someone like Sullivan would probably be at the head of the line). The Steelers' Championship teams would maul the Colts.

Doubtful (though someone like Sullivan would probably be at the head of the line).  The Steelers' Championship teams would maul the Colts.

516525[/snapback]

I don't know, if you think the ball-washing for Brady & the Pats is bad, just let Peyton go 19-0. I think the greatest team ever would be debated non-stop on ESPN and elsewhere.

I now live in Indy, so you bet I do. Here are some of the reasons why:

1. I always thought Bill Polian was a great GM and wished he was still in Buffalo.

2. Tony Dungy is a consummate professional (FYI - he has indicated that he is more concerned about home field advantage and winning the super bowl vs. the record).

3. The Colts are a more balanced team this year....not just offense.

4. Peyton Manning is a good quarterback and ambassador for Indianapolis. I think if he played for Buffalo instead, he would be loved there as well.

5. Bob Sanders - good hard-hitting safety!

6. Dwight Freeney - many questioned Polian when he selected him as high as he did in the draft. I can still recall some posts on this board where people felt we should have drafted Bryant (Mt.) Mckinney because he supposedly manhandled Freeney during a bowl game.

7. Howard Mudd (OL coach) - seems to find a way to keep retooling the line effectively despite FA losses over the years (ex. Demulling).

Things I don't like about the Colts:

1. Peyton Manning's hysterical motions before each snap.

2. The Colt's radio play-by-play guy....trust me, I wish we had Van Miller or John Murphy.

3. Mike Vandejagt - doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut (been better lately).

4. The dome is kind of "sterile"

5. Get new uniforms!

I don't know, if you think the ball-washing for Brady & the Pats is bad, just let Peyton go 19-0. I think the greatest team ever would be debated non-stop on ESPN and elsewhere.

516582[/snapback]

I don't watch ESPN unless there is a game on so I could honestly care less. Anyone who put the Colts over the Steelers, Lombardi Packers, Landry Cowboys, Brown's Brown's, etc is out of their mind.

Cripes, they ain't even better than the 90's BILLS.

Modell still had to have a dancing partner.  Bad karma for Baltimore.  I guess it's just I hate the Ravens, most everything about them, really.

516778[/snapback]

Me too. Don't hate them, but I don't like them.

My appologies in advance to Rich, and the others in Baltimore, but that city and that current team deserve each other. Ray Lewis would be in jail in most towns.

Modell still had to have a dancing partner.  Bad karma for Baltimore.  I guess it's just I hate the Ravens, most everything about them, really.

516778[/snapback]

The Baltimore Colts were a storied franchise stolen in the middle of the night. The NFL refused to come back to Baltimore in the form of an expansion team, choosing a puny city like Jacksonville instead. Therefore, Baltimore's only choice to get a team was to lure another one away.

Cleveland lost its team and immediately was promised a new one with the same name and records. Baltimore was not given the Colts name or records back. Now who got screwed the most?

Personally, I don't like Manning...I would be happy for Bill Polian, but most of all I hate the Dolphins so much and I am sick of listening to the 17-0 for the past 33 years...I hope the Colts run the table just so the pink & teal have to shut up.

516202[/snapback]

Yep, screw the Fins.