A Trend?

Seems I recall three years back or so when Marcus Sullivan got demoted as a starter, one of the criticisms was that he accepted being demoted to easily. Seems the pattern has repeated itself with Mike Williams as he also didn’t seem to upset. Maybe that’s the problem with who TD drafts. He goes after good “corporate citizens” types, the ones who won’t likely hold out, which isn’t a bad thing. But maybe those same players are just too soft.

For the most part, with the exception of Travis Henry not being able to count to 18, the Bill’s have stayed off the police blotter for the most part. Not ripping TD for this, BUT, maybe that does impact their play.

You don't want police blotter guys by any means. Lawrence Phillips had his share of off-field problems--such as dragging an ex-girlfriend down three flights of stairs. But those never translated into on-field production.

I wouldn't look at guys who had major police blotter issues. I wouldn't be afraid to take guys who are a little more outspoken though, as long as they play with passion. Corey Dillon got labeled a character problem because of some of his comments, yet he's played well for New England.

Seems I recall three years back or so when Marcus Sullivan got demoted as a starter, one of the criticisms was that he accepted being demoted to easily.  Seems the pattern has repeated itself with Mike Williams as he also didn’t seem to upset. Maybe that’s the problem with who TD drafts.  He goes after good “corporate citizens” types, the ones who won’t likely hold out,  which isn’t a bad thing.  But maybe those same players are just too soft. 

For the most part, with the exception of Travis Henry not being able to count to 18, the Bill’s have stayed off the police blotter for the most part.  Not ripping TD for this, BUT, maybe that does impact their play.

515900[/snapback]

Maybe some guys would prefer to be released from this team.

There are guys who can play football and stay off the police blotter. Jason Witten, Bryant Mckinney (not an ideal guy, but he can block), Jerome Shockey, and any number of people who are in some cases solid citizens (witten) problematic (McKinney) a little nutty (Shockey) who can make a difference. I don't advocating getting a TO or someone who is into felonies, but I'd have gladly kept Travis Henry and drafted a quality guard or tackle or better yet a great tight end as opposed to McGahee. I'd have kept Bledsoe and gotten another o lineman to protect bledso. Maybe we would be where Dallas is now. I'd spend less time worrying whether I'd let a player babysit my kids and more worrying about whether they can meet the needs of the team and play quality football.

There are guys who can play football and stay off the police blotter.  ...Bryant Mckinney (not an ideal guy, but he can block)...

He was also arrested last month, participated in the Vikings sex cruise, and was found destroying evidence afterwards.... Not exactly staying off the blotter :doh:

CW

Seems I recall three years back or so when Marcus Sullivan got demoted as a starter, one of the criticisms was that he accepted being demoted to easily.  Seems the pattern has repeated itself with Mike Williams as he also didn’t seem to upset. Maybe that’s the problem with who TD drafts.  He goes after good “corporate citizens” types, the ones who won’t likely hold out,  which isn’t a bad thing.  But maybe those same players are just too soft. 

For the most part, with the exception of Travis Henry not being able to count to 18, the Bill’s have stayed off the police blotter for the most part.  Not ripping TD for this, BUT, maybe that does impact their play.

515900[/snapback]

It's official! Mike Williams is the new whipping boy in Buffalo.

Last week, people here were upset because he was complaining about being demoted and saying that he'll play guard for now but that he wants to play tackle. Just because he doesn't harp on it every play means he isn't really upset? :doh:

CW

, but I'd have gladly kept Travis Henry and drafted a quality guard or tackle or better yet a great tight end as opposed to McGahee.  I'd have kept Bledsoe and gotten another o lineman to protect bledso. 

516272[/snapback]

I thought that as well until I looked at who was drafted after Willis. In the second rd, really the only guy who is contributing in that draft is William Joseph, and that was not evn until this year. So looking back on it, really the only thing TD could have done at that point was try to package the two picks to move up, but at that stage the Bills had several ares of need.

Can't blame TD on the Willis pick, as much as I was one who wanted to. I never had the hate for Travis as some others here

There are guys who can play football and stay off the police blotter.  Jason Witten, Bryant Mckinney (not an ideal guy, but he can block), Jerome Shockey, and any number of people who are in some cases solid citizens (witten) problematic (McKinney) a little nutty (Shockey) who can make a difference.  I don't advocating getting a TO or someone who is into felonies, but I'd have gladly kept Travis Henry and drafted a quality guard or tackle or better yet a great tight end as opposed to McGahee.  I'd have kept Bledsoe and gotten another o lineman to protect bledso.  Maybe we would be where Dallas is now. I'd spend less time worrying whether I'd let a player babysit my kids and more worrying about whether they can meet the needs of the team and play quality football.

516272[/snapback]

Bryant Mckinny......wasn't he the LT for the vikes who beat the crap out of Shannon Briggs (boxer) in a night club right after he was drafted?

Model citizen

but I'd have gladly kept Travis Henry and drafted a quality guard or tackle or better yet a great tight end as opposed to McGahee.

516272[/snapback]

The third pick from Tennessee is what we got for Henry. Who knows how we will use it, it will be interesting to see.

I'd rather have McGahee than Henry though. It will be interesting to see if Henry/Peerless is better than McGahee/#3 pick.

515900[/snapback]

He keeps drafting folks from the U and still stays off police blotter thats a good thing

515900[/snapback]

All good players should get arrested at least once in their career.

Bryant Mckinny......wasn't he the LT for the vikes who beat the crap out of Shannon Briggs (boxer) in a night club right after he was drafted?

Model citizen

516436[/snapback]

He's also allegedly one of the chief culprits of the "love boat" incident. The media blew that out of proportion, but the guy isn't a model citizen by any means.

It's official!  Mike Williams is the new whipping boy in Buffalo.

Last week, people here were upset because he was complaining about being demoted and saying that he'll play guard for now but that he wants to play tackle.  Just because he doesn't harp on it every play means he isn't really upset?  :doh:

CW

516274[/snapback]

Fez, have you ever considered being a lawyer for these guys? ;):D

The third pick from Tennessee is what we got for Henry.  Who knows how we will use it, it will be interesting to see. 

I'd rather have McGahee than Henry though.  It will be interesting to see if Henry/Peerless is better than McGahee/#3 pick.

516476[/snapback]

I've read that Henry is only recently emerging from the Titans' doghouse, while Peerless is filling in for an injured #3 receiver the Cowboys are looking forward to having back.