Newest Buffalo Bills Fan

http://www.carle.com/Hospital/centprog/Mat...dex.asp?id=9496

Mom went through 17 hours of labor that ended in a C-section, which wasn't planned. But mom and son are doing good. He's keeping us up at night, of course.

If he follows the NFL as he grows up, he can root for any team but the Pats, Jests and Phelons, but I hope he'll take his dad's lead and root on those beleagured Bills.

PS: even though they're 4-7 and the season's bleak I still love the Buffalo Bills and watching Buffalo Bills football.

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

Mike

http://www.carle.com/Hospital/centprog/Mat...dex.asp?id=9496

Mom went through 17 hours of labor that ended in a C-section, which wasn't planned. But mom and son are doing good.  He's keeping us up at night, of course.

If he follows the NFL as he grows up, he can root for any team but the Pats, Jests and Phelons, but I hope he'll take his dad's lead and root on those beleagured Bills.

PS: even though they're 4-7 and the season's bleak I still love the Buffalo Bills and watching Buffalo Bills football.

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!!!

Mike

514845[/snapback]

Congrats, C-Mickey.

Now have a glass of your moniker and smoke a cigar!

Congrats Mike!

Sounds like my son (first kid)... After about 12 hours in labor, my wife had a C-section... He will be 8 in June! Noah is a great name!

During a long labor, the choice was either forceps or the C-section... We decided early in the pregnacy what are choices would be... It didn't take a second to decide!

My wife received her MA and MLS in Champaign... When down there, she had nothing but kind words to say about Carle when she used it.

Again, CONGRATS!

EII

Hey Mike, congrats!!

That would make Zachary Simon (born Nov 15, 8lb, 8oz) the second newest. From one first-time new dad to another, have a cigar and enjoy.

My wife had the same type of experience, 35 hours of labor, he's not coming out. In for the C-section, which she didn't really want. Pretty wild sitting in the OR talking to her while they did it. Tough part was that the lights in the OR were angled in such a way and had chrome edges, that we watched the entire thing over the curtain.

Best of luck.

-Dan

PS - I already dressed him in all-Bills regalia for Sunday.

He's already woke us up consecutive nights since we left the hospital around 2 a.m. CT; not looking forward to it tonight, as I have to work tomorrow. The funny thing is he's already started showing those changing his diapers how he pees; he got Grandma once (we're staying with Grandma and Grandpa this week so they can enjoy their new grandson), got a friend of my wife with a double dose (#1 and #2) and nearly got me earlier today.

The real challenge for me might be this Thursday and Friday, as I may be traveling to Detroit (some 6-7 hours from Central IL) for a news story we're following. I'm sure that dad will be missing his little man, but the little man will probably sleep the entire time I'm gone an not even miss me.

Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me to know that people I don't know go out of their way to show support. Thanks.

Today was my first day back at work since he was born, and I'm looking forward to going home and seeing and holding him for awhile.

I plan on printing out a couple of pictures of him and mom for my two-day trip to Detroit Thurs.-Fri. That will keep me inspired and motivated to work hard and get back home quickly. Speaking of Detroit, anyone familiar with how easy or difficult it is to cross into Canada (Windsor) from Detroit? I don't have a passport, so if that's what I need I'll have to try some other time.

Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot to me to know that people I don't know go out of their way to show support. Thanks.

Today was my first day back at work since he was born, and I'm looking forward to going home and seeing and holding him for awhile.

I plan on printing out a couple of pictures of him and mom for my two-day trip to Detroit Thurs.-Fri. That will keep me inspired and motivated to work hard and get back home quickly. Speaking of Detroit, anyone familiar with how easy or difficult it is to cross into Canada (Windsor) from Detroit? I don't have a passport, so if that's what I need I'll have to try some other time.

515991[/snapback]

You don't need a passport. Just have your ID ready... The big choice will what way you will want to go... The Ambassador Bridge or the Tunnel.

A lot of times we will take 94 home back to Buffalo and go through Ontario.