LMFAO at you assclowns

Coach Tuesday

Have to get this off my chest. Although I fully understand (and often contribute to) the negativity around here, many of you are just being ridiculous. I was at the game yesterday, and I have to say, I was not disappointed, nor should you be.

WE HAVE A QUARTERBACK.

Can that be undersold? Apparently, it can.

I was so impressed from what I saw from JP yesterday that I am willing to put up with everything else that is wrong with this team for the rest of this year. This guy is gonna be a player.

For one thing, the kid has a serious arm. He threw the 15-yard out with incredible velocity, making Delhomme's 15-yard out look like Flutie's.

He was also incredibly, INCREDIBLY accurate for most of the day. The Kid was throwing strikes to guys all over the field, on curls, and most importantly, in stride on the run.

What else? TOUCH. Did anyone else notice the feather-pass to Reed over the middle in the first half yesterday? May not seem like a lot, but let me tell you, you almost never see that throw from a young QB. It takes a lot of maturation and study to know that you have to put a light touch on that pass - my jaw dropped when I saw it.

Also, JP's decision-making was superb, for the most part. Obviously not on the last throw, and also on the throw to a well-covered Evans in the endzone when Reed was wide open at the first-down marker. Other than those two throws, he made all the right reads, and he made them against a great defense, under constant pressure.

In short, I can't believe how much The Kid has improved, and now I'm confident he's gonna be a serious player. HE'S ALREADY BETTER THAN KYLE BOLLER. He's no bust - at worst, he'll be an Aaron Brooks, because we don't yet know if he's a winner. But, you can't overstate the importance of JP's overall development.

Now, onto this Board:

If OBD had told us, before this season, that this was gonna be a rebuilding year, which would be measured by the development of our young players - especially and specifically JP, wouldn't you have been content with yesterday's game? The Kid battled a great D and remained poised, confident, and accurate - and almost pulled out a win. Well, I have news for you:

THIS IS A REBUILDING YEAR. DEAL WITH IT.

You should swallow this pill, if you haven't already, and try to enjoy watching these young guys develop. We have a new, young, promising RT. Evans and Parrish are developing. Crowell, Greer, Baker, McGee - developing. Hell, I thought Tim Anderson had a great game yesterday - he was consistently putting pressure on Carolina's running game, way more disruptive than I've seen him in the past, against a good o-line. The problems we have on both offense and defense are with old geezers who won't even be here in a year or two (Teague, Milloy, Adams, Vincent). The fact is, this team has a young nucleus, and it's learning how to play. They're not winning, but many of them, individually, are improving - this is obvious.

If you bought into the OBD spin-machine and thought we were going to the playoffs this year - with this schedule, a young QB, and this o-line, you were kidding yourselves. It ain't happening, never was. But, if you accept that this is a rebuilding year, that WE HAVE A FRANCHISE QB, that our o-line can only improve next year, that we play the NFC NORTH next year, that the Jets need a QB, RB, o-line AND secondary, that the Dolphins need a new QB, that the Pats are in decline - you might just relax a bit and enjoy FOOTBALL.

Life is short.

Go Bills.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This wasn't supposed to be a rebuilding year. The defense was expected to pickup where it left off last year, if not improve with the youngsters maturing. However the loss of Fat Pat was big (but necessary), then Spikes was lost. The good news is that the defense has shown up in spurts (2 of the last 3 weeks), but the Bills still need a dominating DT or 2. And without the dominating defense, the plans (see: the Bears this year) went out the window.

This wasn't supposed to be a rebuilding year.  The defense was expected to pickup where it left off last year, if not improve with the youngsters maturing.  However the loss of Fat Pat was big (but necessary), then Spikes was lost.  The good news is that the defense has shown up in spurts (2 of the last 3 weeks), but the Bills still need a dominating DT or 2.  And without the dominating defense, the plans (see: the Bears this year) went out the window.

514242[/snapback]

No doubt about it...The Best Laid Plans... :blink:

i am starting to like JP, but i still think we need to run a more young QB friendly scheme, it's not like we are tearing it up with our current mess of an O.

anyhow, yeah this is clearly a rebuilding year, but i wonder if TD and MM et al are good enough to get it done.

i also think JP needs to run more, 3-6 more carries a game would open stuff up for us.

In all seriousness, the season JP prepared for was one were he was going to

manage on offense that had a great running game and where the defense was going to dominate and win games on their own. This is a very different team.

No run game.

No dominant defense.

No pass protection.

I don't think we should give up on JP (and don't think that Bledsoe would

have made a difference. Drew already showed he was only as good as his line)

Guest BackInDaDay
Have to get this off my chest.  Although I fully understand (and often contribute to) the negativity around here, many of you are just being ridiculous.  I was at the game yesterday, and I have to say, I was not disappointed, nor should you be.

WE HAVE A QUARTERBACK.

Can that be undersold?  Apparently, it can. 

I was so impressed from what I saw from JP yesterday that I am willing to put up with everything else that is wrong with this team for the rest of this year.  This guy is gonna be a player. 

For one thing, the kid has a serious arm.  He threw the 15-yard out with incredible velocity, making Delhomme's 15-yard out look like Flutie's. 

He was also incredibly, INCREDIBLY accurate for most of the day.  The Kid was throwing strikes to guys all over the field, on curls, and most importantly, in stride on the run.

What else?  TOUCH.  Did anyone else notice the feather-pass to Reed over the middle in the first half yesterday?  May not seem like a lot, but let me tell you, you almost never see that throw from a young QB.  It takes a lot of maturation and study to know that you have to put a light touch on that pass - my jaw dropped when I saw it. 

Also, JP's decision-making was superb, for the most part.  Obviously not on the last throw, and also on the throw to a well-covered Evans in the endzone when Reed was wide open at the first-down marker.  Other than those two throws, he made all the right reads, and he made them against a great defense, under constant pressure. 

In short, I can't believe how much The Kid has improved, and now I'm confident he's gonna be a serious player.  HE'S ALREADY BETTER THAN KYLE BOLLER.  He's no bust - at worst, he'll be an Aaron Brooks, because we don't yet know if he's a winner.  But, you can't overstate the importance of JP's overall development.

Now, onto this Board:

If OBD had told us, before this season, that this was gonna be a rebuilding year, which would be measured by the development of our young players - especially and specifically JP, wouldn't you have been content with yesterday's game?  The Kid battled a great D and remained poised, confident, and accurate - and almost pulled out a win.  Well, I have news for you:

THIS IS A REBUILDING YEAR.  DEAL WITH IT.

You should swallow this pill, if you haven't already, and try to enjoy watching these young guys develop.  We have a new, young, promising RT.  Evans and Parrish are developing.  Crowell, Greer, Baker, McGee - developing.  Hell, I thought Tim Anderson had a great game yesterday - he was consistently putting pressure on Carolina's running game, way more disruptive than I've seen him in the past, against a good o-line.  The problems we have on both offense and defense are with old geezers who won't even be here in a year or two (Teague, Milloy, Adams, Vincent).  The fact is, this team has a young nucleus, and it's learning how to play.  They're not winning, but many of them, individually, are improving - this is obvious. 

If you bought into the OBD spin-machine and thought we were going to the playoffs this year - with this schedule, a young QB, and this o-line, you were kidding yourselves.  It ain't happening, never was.  But, if you accept that this is a rebuilding year, that WE HAVE A FRANCHISE QB, that our o-line can only improve next year, that we play the NFC NORTH next year, that the Jets need a QB, RB, o-line AND secondary, that the Dolphins need a new QB, that the Pats are in decline - you might just relax a bit and enjoy FOOTBALL. 

Life is short.

Go Bills.

514237[/snapback]

Good, optimistic post Coach.

I agree about the 'rebuilding' mind-set, but unfortunately, the owner and his GM seem willing to undermine the development of younger players in a quest for one shot at a home play-off game. They're more concerned with gate receipts than building a championship quality team. Therefore, the team is in a constant state of re-inventing itself. Rebuilding years? We have rebuilding weeks!

It's no accident that TD hires young coaches that will surrender their football plans to the boss's financial targets. But this doesn't go unnoticed in the locker room. Our current HC may never recover from throwing players and coaches under the bus this year. I'm sure TD will try to make things more comfortable for Mularkey by removing as many witnesses as he can, but no matter how hard he scrubs, Mike's hands will never come clean.

We can look forward to OBD creating a new buzz.

TD will draft some off-the-wall-boy-I'm-a-genius pick.

He'll sign more OGs to play OT and move more OTs to OG.

He'll announce a new alternative, throwback, glow-in-the-dark home jersey.

He'll take our minds off of the McGahee hold-out and the Williams release.

He'll tell us to pay no mind to the man behind the curtain.

Ralph Wilson's never had the patience to build a solid football infra-structure.

His business dealings within the old AFL and NFL helped sustain and grow the pro game, but his priorities for the Bills don't coincide with ours.

Ralph Wilson's never had the patience to build a solid football infra-structure.

His business dealings within the old AFL and NFL helped sustain and grow the pro game, but his priorities for the Bills don't coincide with ours.

514318[/snapback]

Lots of folks trashing Ralph but I firmly believe he wants to see a SB ring on his finger however his history of hiring the right guy to do the job of building a winner isnt very good. Polian built the championship team with good drafting and trades TD has made some great moves like drafting Willis, JP and Evans but fails to build a solid team.

Lots of folks trashing Ralph but I firmly believe he wants to see a SB ring on his finger however his history of hiring the right guy to do the job of building a winner isnt very good.  Polian built the championship team with good drafting and trades TD has made some great moves like drafting Willis, JP and Evans but fails to build a solid team.

514439[/snapback]

Firing Polian was a very bad move, as we can see by his track record w/ Carolina and now w/ Indianapolis as opposed to our struggles to make the playoffs under the late John Butler and now Donahoe.

Agreed but as Coach Tuesday pointed out, that is what the OBD spin machine sold us, and I was dumb enough to want it so bad that I believed it. ;)

On the positive, I also like what I see in JP, ESPECIALLY with the no-huddle, and improvising some of his own plays.

As far as Ralph Wilson, I have to tip my hat to you for keeping the team alive, the AFL alive, and the Bills in Buffalo, but respectfully - it is time to sell the team to a WNY owner (like Golisano) and walk away.

It is either that or open the wallet and spend every penny now if you want a Ring, because you (and me) are TOO OLD to keep saying wait until next year! This is Super Bowl FORTY fer chrissakes.

:lol:

This wasn't supposed to be a rebuilding year. The defense was expected to pickup where it left off last year, if not improve with the youngsters maturing.  However the loss of Fat Pat was big (but necessary), then Spikes was lost.  The good news is that the defense has shown up in spurts (2 of the last 3 weeks), but the Bills still need a dominating DT or 2.  And without the dominating defense, the plans (see: the Bears this year) went out the window.

514242[/snapback]