ATTENTION WILLIS

DeeRay

The best back in football say you?

Not by a long shot... perhaps in the AFC "Least" you may be.

Get a clue Willis. Watch Ladanian Thomlinson. He took over the game yesterday. Tied the game in regulation and then sealed the deal with a long run... something that you, Mr. McGahee, only do in your wildest dreams.

The fans are still waiting for you to "pony up", Willis. Last I looked, less than 10 yards separate you from being 10th in rushing yards. Best back say you? Let's not mention your reception numbers, which would be a total embarassment for a #1 back.... or your willingness to give up your QB when you happen to be in on a pass play. That says a lot right there.

I can't wait til next summer when you hold out. That will probably be the only drama you provide for the fans. In the process, I would not shed one tear if you lost your job... hopefully to a rookie free agent.

Don't say a word Willis, just STF up and show us. We, the fans, will decide whether you are the best, not you.

I agree. I'm so tired of everyone using the O-line for every excuse. Willis is not the difference-maker that he thinks he is or that we need him to be. He is not fast around the corner, he is not hitting the holes with authority, he is not stiff arming anyone lately as was mentioned in another thread. IMO, Lionel Gates or Burns could be doing the same job for alot less money. To be fair to Willis, his worst games are with JP at QB and that's not a coincidence. Teams are not scared of loading up the box with JP back there. He has not proven that he can beat teams with his arm even with one on one coverage. The running game will suffer until he can hit some deep throws with accuracy.

Get a clue Willis. Watch Ladanian Thomlinson.  He took over the game yesterday.  Tied the game in regulation and then sealed the deal with a long run... something that you, Mr. McGahee, only do in your wildest dreams.

The fans are still waiting for you to "pony up", Willis.  Last I looked, less than 10 yards separate you from being 10th in rushing yards. Best back say you?  Let's not mention your reception numbers, which would be a total embarassment for a #1 back.... or your willingness to give up your QB when you happen to be in on a pass play.  That says a lot right there.

I can't wait til next summer when you hold out.  That will probably be the only drama you provide for the fans.  In the process, I would not shed one tear if you lost your job... hopefully to a rookie free agent.

Don't say a word Willis, just STF up and show us.  We, the fans, will decide whether you are the best, not you.

514183[/snapback]

Wow, I expected to see another fanboy post for Willis. Thank you. He is barely top 10, and has no ability to break a long one, which doesn't even make him top-10. Everyone here will continue to blame it on the line, but the fact remains the O-line played very well yesterday. Every good RB makes runs out of nothing, Willis never does that. When he runs hard and gets the tough yards he's an average back, every other time he's less than that. He spends the majority of his time running his mouth to try to hype himself up so he can holdout in the off-season.

It says here, a healthy Travis Henry would have more yards than Willis McGahee on this team, this year.

Get a clue Willis. Watch Ladanian Thomlinson.  He took over the game yesterday.  Tied the game in regulation and then sealed the deal with a long run... something that you, Mr. McGahee, only do in your wildest dreams.

The fans are still waiting for you to "pony up", Willis.  Last I looked, less than 10 yards separate you from being 10th in rushing yards. Best back say you?  Let's not mention your reception numbers, which would be a total embarassment for a #1 back.... or your willingness to give up your QB when you happen to be in on a pass play.  That says a lot right there.

I can't wait til next summer when you hold out.  That will probably be the only drama you provide for the fans.  In the process, I would not shed one tear if you lost your job... hopefully to a rookie free agent.

Don't say a word Willis, just STF up and show us.  We, the fans, will decide whether you are the best, not you.

514183[/snapback]

Totally agree. I didn't believe it when I read it either, though, but in Friday's NY Times, it said Willis was 9th in rec yards by RB's, and some of the guys ahead of him were 3rd down types, not feature backs. But I agree that he hasn't proved to be a top ten back, let alone top.

I agree.  I'm so tired of everyone using the O-line for every excuse.

TD, is that you?

Let's see, RB getting eaten two yards behind the line. QB getting dumped after 1.5 seconds... But it's not the OL, nope.

No wonder we never get the OL fixed... It's not broken! :blink:

CW

TD, is that you?

Let's see, RB getting eaten two yards behind the line.  QB getting dumped after 1.5 seconds...  But it's not the OL, nope.

No wonder we never get the OL fixed...  It's not broken!  :blink:

CW

514209[/snapback]

I'm not saying the O-line doesn't suck but It's not the excuse for every position failing on this team. Many other teams have O-line problems as well. I watched San Diego's O-line yesterday get pummeled at times and Brees, LT and WR's still made plays when nothing was there. Willis, JP, Moulds, Evans, whatever....they still need to get the job done and turn some of these FG drive into Td's. 210 yards of O was ridiculous yesterday. They gave JP all kinds of time on some 1st down passes yesterday which should be easy to complete. He didn't do a good job on those.

Put Willis on the Chargers, and he would be a top 3 back in the league. 

To say that the O-line gets too much blame is stating you haven't watched a Bills game yet this year.

514229[/snapback]

I don't know about top 3.

But I'd say that if another team's best back went out for the season, and somehow WMG could be theirs, they would be pleased.

At the time dumping TH made sense, but right now I wish we had him on the bench to go to at this juncture.  Might give WM the spark he had when he had to win the job from TH.

514196[/snapback]

TH would not be "on the bench." He was suspended for drugs.

What kind of "spark" do you think that he would have provided under these circumstances, one from his lighter when he smokes crack or weed?

TH would not be "on the bench." He was suspended for drugs.

What kind of "spark" do you think that he would have provided under these circumstances, one from his lighter when he smokes crack or weed?

514243[/snapback]

He is off suspension. Last year I think WM looked better because he was looking over his shoulder at TH. If there was a replacement for WM on the bench, he would run with purpose.

He is off suspension.  Last year I think WM looked better because he was looking over his shoulder at TH.  If there was a replacement for WM on the bench, he would run with purpose.

514255[/snapback]

I stand correced. He even gained 89 yards yesterday with a good ypc. Luckily when he fumbled, he was able to recover it this time.

I'm not saying the O-line doesn't suck but  It's not the excuse for every position failing on this team.  Many other teams have O-line problems as well.  I watched San Diego's O-line yesterday get pummeled at times and Brees,  LT and WR's still made plays when nothing was there.  Willis, JP, Moulds, Evans, whatever....they still need to get the job done and turn some of these FG drive into Td's.  210 yards of O was ridiculous yesterday.  They gave JP all kinds of time on some 1st down passes yesterday which should be easy to complete.  He didn't do a good job on those.

514221[/snapback]

Great example. Also, watch Seattle yesterday? Walter Jones and co. got completely manhandled almost all game, but Alexander/Hasselbeck and their WRs got it done anyways. But it's convenient for everyone here to just blast the O-line all the time.

Great example.  Also, watch Seattle yesterday?  Walter Jones and co. got completely manhandled almost all game, but Alexander/Hasselbeck and their WRs got it done anyways.  But it's convenient for everyone here to just blast the O-line all the time.

514369[/snapback]

Anyone notice MM called out Willis today and said he isn't hitting the holes consistently?? Of course, not, the love affair with WM that goes on here never stops. I can't believe people praise him when he's playing so mediocre, and the coaches can see it very clearly.

Anyone notice MM called out Willis today and said he isn't hitting the holes consistently??  Of course, not, the love affair with WM that goes on here never stops.  I can't believe people praise him when he's playing so mediocre, and the coaches can see it very clearly.

515117[/snapback]

How about you STFU with your Willis isn't top 10 / the o-line played well BS. If you actually watched the game yesterday and still think the line played well then you really need to learn a thing or two about football. Even freakin TD says every week that the line is "inconsistent" and shows "flashes" of good play. If the Kool-Aid man is admitting even the slightest of problems with a unit, the situation must be pretty freakin bad. If you want to sit there and keep bitching about Willis and sticking up for the retard carnival that is our o-line then go ahead and further confirm your stupidity.

Put Willis on the Chargers, and he would be a top 3 back in the league. 

To say that the O-line gets too much blame is stating you haven't watched a Bills game yet this year.

514229[/snapback]

Top 3 ? Nah...

Blame the o-line for 5 yards behind the line and 5 yards after the line, but its up to individual player to "make a play" past those 10 yards. I havn't seen Willis break any long ones this year whatsoever, much less "take over a game".

Personally I don't care much for WM. I don't like his attitude. I don't like his agent. I don't think he likes Buffalo. He will hold out WITHOUT A DOUBT. He will be a major negative distraction when the team needs someone like him to be a solid building block. He seems to lack effort at times. Does he have a burst of speed?

Instead of blowing the bank on WM, bring in Shawn Alexander :D

I wouldn't miss WM if he was on another team in the next year or two. Buffalo can do better...

How about you get your head out of Willis' ass... the problem with Willis is that he has all the talent in the world, but he believes he's already reached the top of his profession. He thinks he's the best back in the league and doesn't feel like he needs to improve.

When MM called him out on hitting the holes after the Atlanta game, he wa very arrogant, saying he won't change anything about his running style. He's a cocky kid, but I think he'll mature as he gets older. That's my hope, at least.

How about you STFU with your Willis isn't top 10 / the o-line played well BS. If you actually watched the game yesterday and still think the line played well then you really need to learn a thing or two about football. Even freakin TD says every week that the line is "inconsistent" and shows "flashes" of good play. If the Kool-Aid man is admitting even the slightest of problems with a unit, the situation must be pretty freakin bad. If you want to sit there and keep bitching about Willis and sticking up for the retard carnival that is our o-line then go ahead and further confirm your stupidity.

515130[/snapback]

tought to say how good someone is without having to consider the quality of the team around him.

one thing i can say, our O as a unit is BAD.

we have shown ability to run, but can't seem to run now (i think having bike mike hurt/done doesn't help).

bledsoe was great for us one year under the gilbride O, was bad the next. he was just about average under MM/TC and is doing great now in dallas.

Henry was great under gilbride's O, sucked under MM/TC.

If you look at ST Lou, they lose all their top WRs, O linemen, go through 5 QBs (green, warner, bulger, martin, fitzpatrick), different RBs, lose their damn head coach and STILL have a great O. Same thing in denver.

i think it takes a bunch of good people running the show to get the results we are looking for.

the first thing we need to do is fire the coaches on the O side of the ball.

Anyone notice MM called out Willis today and said he isn't hitting the holes consistently??  Of course, not, the love affair with WM that goes on here never stops.  I can't believe people praise him when he's playing so mediocre, and the coaches can see it very clearly.

515117[/snapback]

Willis is officially on notice. He needs to produce or we don't buy his NFL licensed apparell.