You know what I haven't seen in a while?

PromoTheRobot

We used to see ne every game.  How long has it been since we've seen him run with that kind of power and attitude?

PTR

514081[/snapback]

You have to be one-on-one or in the open field to use the stiffarm. With our putrid O-line, Willis has been forced to keep both hands on the ball.

This has been discussed before...but why not again.

Willis didn't have a stiff-arm in his bag-o-tricks until playing along side Henry in Buffalo. (This comes from a WM quote after using the stiff-arm to great advantage in a Bills game last season...Willis didn't mention Travis, just that he didn't have a stiff-arm in College.)

It's always been my feeling that WM picked it up from watching TH day-after-day. TH has his faults...but, he has one of the best stiff-arms in the game.

Perhaps WM isn't reminded of that move now and it is no longer in his arsenal.

Perhaps

I was telling my co-worker that defenders are learning to tackle him low now. You dont see hardly anyone trying to take him high. I have seen him TRY to stiff arm but the defender gets too low before he can get his hands on him. Willis needs to adjust his game and get his feet moving more. If he would get those feet kicking he would break longer runs. It has nothing to do with the o-line. Teams are just seeing that they can get low on him and be successfull. Hell even I have noticed that.

ive seen himi try to stiffarm. but the defender just dives at his legs and makes the tackle.

514205[/snapback]

Can you forward this post to jerry gray and the entire Bills defensive staff?

They seem to think that only arm tackles at the shoulders are allowed in the NFL...

Can you forward this post to jerry gray and the entire Bills defensive staff?

They seem to think that only arm tackles at the shoulders are allowed in the NFL...

514625[/snapback]

Yeah..I was wondering why no one was talking about this....So much bad

tackling yesteday...even though things did not go big due to the average

backs the Panthers have in Foster and Davis (Davis best days are past...

the only thing he does is boost Fantasy football owners by getting TDs on

goalline situations)....

But no gains were converted to 5 to 8 yards by the Carolina backs....

The stiff-arm is no trademark or a particular skill. It's an instinctive reaction by an aware player under circumstances - to ward off a defender in the open who is angling in for a tackle who is high and can't afford to lunge for the hips or legs on that trailing pursuit, or dosen't/isn't in a position to drop a shoulder if in front of the runner.

Nice to see when WMG has the opportunity, he's aware enough to take it.

We used to see ne every game.  How long has it been since we've seen him run with that kind of power and attitude?

PTR

514081[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing - watching LT and Alexander play yesterday - those guys are just awesome. Alexander on that last TD - plows into an absolute wall and without even lifting his head just spins around and somehow not only gets past the LOS but keeps pumping and somehow goes 5 yds for the score w/ bodies all over him. LT makes a subtle yet unbelievable cut at the LOS and goes from nothing to daylight almost instantaneously for the run-off TD. Sure WM hasn't had the greatest holes, but watching those two guys run yesterday - they are just in another league as far as I am concerned - they make something positive when there is nothing.

Agreed.

While admitedly very few holes for Willis to run through, when there were holes, he danced around until the holes were no longer there.

dancing and stiff arms don't work.

514593[/snapback]

I'll tell you one thing - watching LT and Alexander play yesterday - those guys are just awesome.  Alexander on that last TD - plows into an absolute wall and without even lifting his head just spins around and somehow not only gets past the LOS but keeps pumping and somehow goes 5 yds for the score w/ bodies all over him.  LT makes a subtle yet unbelievable cut at the LOS and goes from nothing to daylight almost instantaneously for the run-off TD.  Sure WM hasn't had the greatest holes, but watching those two guys run yesterday - they are just in another league as far as I am concerned - they make something positive when there is nothing.

514732[/snapback]

This is what I've been saying all along, LT and SA both have days where it seems their lines don't open anything for them, the same way it is for Willis, but they MAKE things happen on their own, all the time. I really hope we don't break the bank for Willis, he isn't anywhere near their class, and can be replaced quite easily with a draft pick for less money.