I've become numb

Indy Dave

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Buffalo, New York and I'll NEVER quit believing that someday this team will raise that trophy high and ALL OF US will shed a tear when that day comes! I find myself reaching for the free agency list and the draft newsletters wondering how they will take this team from mediocrity to contention! Can't help it!! I practically convince myself that the right moves will occur and next year is the ticket! The funny thing is if 2006 isn't the turn around I'm envisioning, there always is 2007 and so forth!  My feeling is that it CAN be done and I'll hang in there waiting for what I believe WILL HAPPEN! Call me crazy, but I'm Tivo'ing next week and for the rest of the year! IT'S BILLS FOOTBALL!!!! :blink:

513966[/snapback]

I'm with you bro!! GO BILLS!!!!!111

This team is reminding me of the late 70s Bills and maybe the 84-85 teams. Not won-loss records, but level of interest, excitement, etc. Turned into a more devil may care attitude. I remember how that used to be, here it is again. Bills have no one but themselves to blame. Unlike those woebegone teams of the past, the stadium is still full.

Unlike those woebegone teams of the past, the stadium is still full.

514149[/snapback]

And that's the key...RW sits in his box, raincoat, tie, and baseball cap on, looks around, sees a stadium full of people while his offense is mustering a whole nine points, and thinks to himself, "I guess it ain't all bad."

I re-read "Relentless" a couple of weeks ago and there is a quote from Ralph in there that read, to the effect, that the Super Bowl was actually anti-climatic, that winnning the conference was what it was all about...more than 10 years following the last SB loss, I think that statement still speaks volumes. Settling for second-best, settling for mediocrity, seems to be the Bills' way.

And that's the key...RW sits in his box, raincoat, tie, and baseball cap on, looks around, sees a stadium full of people while his offense is mustering a whole nine points, and thinks to himself, "I guess it ain't all bad."

I re-read "Relentless" a couple of weeks ago and there is a quote from Ralph in there that read, to the effect, that the Super Bowl was actually anti-climatic, that winnning the conference was what it was all about...more than 10 years following the last SB loss, I think that statement still speaks volumes.  Settling for second-best, settling for mediocrity, seems to be the Bills' way.

514189[/snapback]

Sorry to sound crass, but I can't wait till the old man keels over.

At least then the team will either improve under new ownership or leave town. Either way, this yearly torture will cease.

Last night at dinner my wife asked if the Bills moved, would I still follow them. My responce was the NFL would be dead to me. I mean I might follow the big names and games, but follow more like I follow the NBA or baseball now, aware of whats going on, watching a few games etc.

Course her reponse was she hoped they moved then, cause she hates to see me when they lose.

We all like to say we are the best fans in the league yada yada yada, but do you think they are talking about boycotting in Green Bay.

We all like to say we are the best fans in the league yada yada yada, but do you think they are talking about boycotting in Green Bay.

514265[/snapback]

I have been consistently vocal that 'we' are not the sturdiest fans in the NFL....by far...at least when you start reading the "sky is falling" / "I have lost my passion" blah blah blah from some on this board.

Sure the Bills relatively suck right now, big deal....the NFL is a cycle. Have we not noticed that yet? :w00t:

For evidence, look at San Francisco (once consistent winners), look at Cincinnati (once consistent losers), heck look at Indianapolis (during the Bills prime they were pretty terrible)....

Right now, for the Bills, it is a down time - that will change. It is normal to become less dramatic during games knowing we are not that good....it appears some people are so fragile that they link their self worth to a Bills GAME. :blink:

Perspective people, perspective.

And if you jump off the Bills bandwagon now, we will leave room for you later. Being fickle is not a crime, only a sign of weakness. So when you get the courage to root for you team again, we will all be here to embrace you.

Being a fan of a team during the winning is easy, being a fan during the losing is a bit tougher. So you can respectfully bow out now if being a fan of a losing NFL team is too hard for you. We will welcome you back later. :)

I have been consistently vocal that 'we' are not the sturdiest fans in the NFL....by far...at least when you start reading the "sky is falling" / "I have lost my passion" blah blah blah from some on this board.

Sure the Bills relatively suck right now, big deal....the NFL is a cycle.  Have we not noticed that yet? :w00t:

For evidence, look at San Francisco (once consistent winners), look at Cincinnati (once consistent losers), heck look at Indianapolis (during the Bills prime they were pretty terrible)....

Right now, for the Bills, it is a down time - that will change.  It is normal to become less dramatic during games knowing we are not that good....it appears some people are so fragile that they link their self worth to a Bills GAME.  :blink: 

Perspective people, perspective.

And if you jump off the Bills bandwagon now, we will leave room for you later.  Being fickle is not a crime, only a sign of weakness.  So when you get the courage to root for you team again, we will all be here to embrace you.

Being a fan of a team during the winning is easy, being a fan during the losing is a bit tougher.  So you can respectfully bow out now if being a fan of a losing NFL team is too hard for you.  We will welcome you back later. :)

514320[/snapback]

I love the team, I just hate the cheap ownership.

It really is true that all Ralph cares about is asses in the seats.

I love the team, I just hate the cheap ownership.

It really is true that all Ralph cares about is asses in the seats.

514324[/snapback]

How can you possibly say this. Now, Ralph wasa cheap in the 80's, I'll grant you that. But everybody here seems to agree(not me) this team was in salary cap when when TD got here. That certainly cannot happen with a cheap owner. We`are not, to my knowledge, under the cap by a whole lot right now.

Explain how the man is cheap.Now you may say head coach, but I really think that is more TDs decision, made with Ralphs blessing.

My gut tells me TD is one of the higher paid GMs, or at the very least middle of the pack.

How can you possibly say this. Now, Ralph wasa cheap in the 80's, I'll grant you that. But everybody here seems to agree(not me) this team was in salary cap when when TD got here. That certainly cannot happen with a cheap owner. We`are not, to my knowledge, under the cap by a whole lot right now.

Explain how the man is cheap.Now you may say head coach, but I really think that is more TDs decision, made with Ralphs blessing.

My gut tells me TD is one of the higher paid GMs, or at the very least middle of the pack.

514372[/snapback]

GM and coach are the one area where there is literally NO limit.

Care to explain how we didn't get Weis, Crennel, Fox, Del Rio or Coughlin as coach?

You guys giving up on the team or ready to give up your fandom are the true losers, not the Bills. And this has nothing to do with thinking they stink, because they do.

514277[/snapback]

spot on...i'm with ya kelly

GO BILLS!

GM and coach are the one area where there is literally NO limit.

Care to explain how we didn't get Weis, Crennel, Fox, Del Rio or Coughlin as coach?

514381[/snapback]

Like I said, I believe that was more TDs decision than Ralphs. I tried looking up the salaries, but couldn't find a recent listing. I will tell you that I think Fox and Del Rio both get paid less than MM.

Now, am I saying TD made the right calls on the coach, no way. But I think that is driven more by his ego and the need to show he can unearth the "next great one", where Lewis, weiss, and Crennel were on everybodys radar. Wouldn't stroke the TD ego enough, know what I mean.

Like I said, I believe TD is well paid. Doesn't mean he was the right choice, just that hes getting paid well. I just do not believe that Ralph is cheap. Not so smart on a GM, maybe......cheap NO

I re-read "Relentless" a couple of weeks ago and there is a quote from Ralph in there that read, to the effect, that the Super Bowl was actually anti-climatic, that winnning the conference was what it was all about...more than 10 years following the last SB loss, I think that statement still speaks volumes.  Settling for second-best, settling for mediocrity, seems to be the Bills' way.

514189[/snapback]

Cause in that long ago era, Ralphie would look around and see 35,000 people at the game. But, he is not going to shaft Ahmad Rashad for 10 grand nowadays.

Like I said, I believe that was more TDs decision than Ralphs.

514400[/snapback]

People ought to keep in mind the whole fiasco of Ralph refusing to honor Wade Philips' contract a few years ago. I think that kind of shows that Ralph is still a penny pincher.

Dave, I have to concur with your thoughts.

For me, the emotion is gone from it - the Bills killed that off in week 4.

But I sit and watch, but without much emotion, and with very little FUN factor. You mean it's supposed to be FUN watching your favorite NFL team?! Oh, OK, great.

I find myself being grateful that Sunday Ticket let's me watch ALL the games, so I am able to pick and choose, find a good entertaining game to watch.

It's very sad.

It's sad when you don't even get mad at a loss anymore. The intensity level is going way down for me as well. Today I watched the game and had little emotion or passion. I expected them to lose and they did.

513904[/snapback]

It used to be that no matter the score or the circumstances you knew, just knew the Bills would pull it out.

Now, we get behind, and it's channel surfing.

You guys giving up on the team or ready to give up your fandom are the true losers, not the Bills. And this has nothing to do with thinking they stink, because they do.

514277[/snapback]

A-fricken-men......Buncha disloyal bandwagon jumpers.

GO BILLS!

A-fricken-men......Buncha disloyal bandwagon jumpers.

GO BILLS!

514709[/snapback]

True. When the going gets tough, only the seriously weak fans don't care anymore. I can't even comprehend being apathetic towards the Buffalo Bills. For all of those throwing in the towels, give us all a break and go away then. This IS a Bills message board after all. Wanna know what I don't care about? What other NFL organizations feel about the Buffalo Bills. F' them.