Glass Is Full, Rose Colored Glasses

plenzmd1

Allright, I am as down on this team as anybody. But I have hope now that JP is playing, we cannot get any worse than what we showed Sunday, and we are playing at home this week.Here is how we make the playoffs.

NE Schedule

@KC (L)

Jets (W)

@Buffalo (L)

Tampa (L)

@Jets (W)

Miami (W)

9-7

Buffalo Schedule

Carolina (w)

@Miami (W)

NE (W)

Denver (W)

@Cinci (L)

@Jets (W)

If it goes like this, first four tiebreakers are even(head to head, division, common opponets, conferance rec) so goes to the fifth tiebreaker which is strength of victory, which I do not know what that is.

Lets just say we win that, Bills are in!!!! Count on it.

Allright, I am as down on this team as anybody. But I have hope now that JP is playing, we cannot get any worse than what we showed Sunday, and we are playing at home this week.Here is how we make the playoffs.

NE Schedule               

@KC  (L)                   

Jets  (W)                     

@Buffalo (L)                 

Tampa (L)                   

@Jets  (W)                 

Miami    (W)                 

9-7                               

Buffalo Schedule

Carolina (w)

@Miami  (W)

NE          (W)

Denver    (W)

@Cinci      (L)

@Jets        (W)         

If it goes like this, first four tiebreakers are even(head to head, division, common opponets, conferance rec) so goes to the fifth tiebreaker which is strength of victory, which I do not know what that is.

510072[/snapback]

So the Bills have to go 5-1, and the Patriots 3-3, then the Bills are in the playoffs?

:devil:

About as realistic as a jp-era helmet design.

So the Bills have to go 5-1, and the Patriots 3-3, then the Bills are in the playoffs? 

:devil:

About as realistic as a jp-era helmet design.

510084[/snapback]

Well, even at that point the strength of victory would be the tiebreaker. I am not sure what that is, but we prolly lose it.

My bad din't see the other thread, how do I delete?

I don't see another thread that looks like this one. Unless you're referring to the fact that there's only 1 other positive thread on the board so they both stand out. :devil:

No need to delete anything.

Cya

We gotta beat Carolina, NE and Denver?

I'm thinking that might be going one bridge too far.....

510081[/snapback]

Carolina (inconsisten team at home)

New England (our Superbowl game at home)

Denver (the toughest win of the three, but it is also at home)

Possible... definitely yes, likely... no, we'll lose one of the three and be out.

The only way that the Bills go to the playoffs is if New England self destructs against not only KC and the Bills, but also some other team.

I love the optimism! Assuming we can take care of our end (big assumption), it would require a minor miracle for the Pats to go 3-3. Did you know that Tom Brady has NEVER lost back-to-back games? Under your scenario (losses to Buff and TB), that would have to happen. But who knows? Anything is possible.

510092[/snapback]

Optimism is in short supply around here.

NE Schedule               

@KC  (L)                   

Jets  (W)                     

@Buffalo (L)                 

Tampa (L)                   

@Jets  (W)                 

Miami    (W)                 

9-7                               

Buffalo Schedule

Carolina (w)

@Miami  (W)

NE          (W)

Denver    (W)

@Cinci      (L)

@Jets        (W)         

510072[/snapback]

Actually, under this scenario, we would win the conference record tiebreaker. We would be 8-4 in the AFC to NE's 7-5. They already have two wins v. NFC(Atl and NO), the most we will get is one against Carolina. Also, if NE beats Tampa but loses one of the other three games to divisional rivals, under your scenario Bills would be 5-1 in Division to 4-2 for NE, so they would get that tiebreaker.

For all practical purposes, NE has to lose to KC this week, and to Buffalo to get them to 6 loses and then hope for a loss to anyone else. Buffalo has to win its next four games. Otherwise, it is literally over.

Actually, under this scenario, we would win the conference record tiebreaker.  We would be 8-4 in the AFC to NE's 7-5.  They already have two wins v. NFC(Atl and NO), the most we will get is one against Carolina.  Also, if NE beats Tampa but loses one of the other three games to divisional rivals, under your scenario Bills would be 5-1 in Division to 4-2 for NE, so they would get that tiebreaker.

For all practical purposes, NE has to lose to KC this week, and to Buffalo to get them to 6 loses and then hope for a loss to anyone else.  Buffalo has to win its next four games.  Otherwise, it is literally over.

510165[/snapback]

Your right on the conferance record. Who knew record agaisn't common opponants was considered before conferance record

At this point, I'm rooting for the development of JP.

You gotta take it week by week and yes we could pull it off but lets face it we SUCK on the road and it's not going to be a cake walk in Miami with Brown and Williams running against us.

What makes you think it can't get worse?

The road frustration is just incredible. I look at our remaining 3 home games and believe we could win 2, if not all 3 of them against better teams. So for any team, a home record of 6-2 is not bad.

But we could very well finish 1-7 or 0-8 on the road. All the excuses in the world doesn't make that better. Why do we look like a JV team away from the Ralph ? This reflects more on the coaching staff than the talent. Otherwise, the Bills would be just as bad at home.

We gotta beat Carolina, NE and Denver?

I'm thinking that might be going one bridge too far.....

510081[/snapback]

Those are 3 HOME games...and we are 4-1 at home so far....Of course the

performance at SD left so much to be desired.....