Bryant McKinnie...

e-dog

This is how I view Mike Williams 100%.  But for people to rip Bryant McKinnie just because Williams is becoming a stiff is pure horseshit.  Just because we chose the wrong one of the two.

McKinnie seems, by most people around the league, to be fitting in well.....so well, he might just see the pro bowl soon.

I just don't see why some people have to insist on tearing down McKinnie, when he is clearly more valuable at this point.

511547[/snapback]

Pro bowl soon? :doh: Please find me an article or two that says that. People here in Minnesota aren't all that happy with his play.

Probowl... Next thing you know, you'll be fitting him for his HOF jacket. :w00t:

CW

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro bowl soon?  :doh:  Please find me an article or two that says that.  People here in Minnesota aren't all that happy with his play.

Probowl...  Next thing you know, you'll be fitting him for his HOF jacket.  :w00t:

CW

511555[/snapback]

He'll be on the podium right next to Alstott.

Opponent(W-L) - Total Offense - Passing - Rushing - Passing TDs - INTs - Sacked

vs TB(6-3) 248-215-33-0-3-3

vs Cin(7-2) 304-227-77-0-5-2

vs NO(2-7) 420-273-147-3-0-7

vs Atl(6-3) 261-198-63-1-2-9

vs Chi(6-3) 283-203-80-0-2-4

vs GB(2-7) 363-255-108-2-0-5

vs Car(7-2) 253-171-82-1-0-4

vs Det(4-5) 285-121-164-2-0-3

vs NYG(6-3) 137-125-12-0-0-4

Note: Yards are net yards.

1. Total net yards less than 300 for 6 of 9 games this season

2. Vikings losses are to teams with combined 32-13 record

3. Vikings wins are over teams with combined 14-22 record

Their possessions since they exploded for 21 second quarter points against the Lions:

vs. DETROIT

Second half

Drive began: DET 45

5 plays, 13 yards

Result: fumbled away

Drive began: MIN 12

3 plays, 9 yards

Result: Punt

Drive began: MIN 10

3 plays, -5 yards

Drive began: MIN 31

3 plays, 7 yards

Drive began: MIN 45

6 plays, 33 yards

Result: FG

Drive began: MIN 35

5 plays, 22 yards

Drive began: MIN 30

1 play, -1 yards (kneel down)

Result: End of Game

vs. NY GIANTS

First Half

Drive began: NYG 27

4 plays, 4 yards

Result: Missed FG

Drive began: MIN 33

4 plays, 1 yard

Drive began: NYG 17

4 plays, 2 yards

Result: Missed FG

Drive began: MIN 40

3 plays, -1 yards

Drive began: MIN 25

5 plays, 14 yards

Drive began: MIN 20

3 plays, 1 yard

Drive began: MIN 20

5 plays, -15 yards

Result: End of Half

NY GIANTS

Second Half

Drive began: MIN 12

9 plays, 57 yards

Result: Punt (-25 yards in penalties on that drive)

Drive began: MIN 24

2 plays, 12 yards

Result: Fumbled away

Drive began: MIN 45

4 plays, 14 yards

Drive began: MIN 10

3 plays, 9 yards

Drive began: MIN 29

3 plays, -3 yards

Drive began: MIN 28

8 plays, 42 yards

Result: FG

The totals over the 6 quarters before Monday Night:

21 Offensive possessions

213 yards

12 punts

2 FGs

2 lost fumbles

0 TDs

Keep in mind, I'm the one who doesn't know anything about football.

By reading this thread, I have yet once again reinforced the notion presented to me (without fail upon each visit to this board) that any semi positive opinion or defense of any player, staff member or affiliation with the operation of this team should be promptly swept up and bottled in a hermetically sealed container labled "Koolaid" that can only be viewed directly without harm via wearing a set of color filtered spectacles. This will hold true inspite of any level of knowledge, personal experience, wisdom obtained over years of observation, close and frequent live visual contact of the team's sessions, or any other measure.

Thanks for the reminder, I almost forget these simple guidelines sometimes.

Let me just jump in there and clear some things up before the Council rests.....

At 6'9" he doesn't get his pads down and move the pile, but still he blocks effectively in the running game. He had the largest wingspan of any player in the NFL when he joined the league, and that's what keeps right handed QB's from getting blindsided.

Was wondering when you'd finally pop in and give me the business.

I don't have big issues with his protection,but I'm not all that impressed with it either. His huge mobile QB has saved him some grief on the stat sheets and spending the last weeks blocking for a rhythm QB like BJohnson has made his job immeasurably easier. His toolbox has enabled him to finally improve to the point of being decent in passpro but I strongly disagree with your statement that he blocks effectively in the rungame. The guy never seems to get any push, frequently forcing his backs upfield before they can get outside or forcing them to turn it up too early because he's creating traffic on the edge. He never gets into the second level because he moves like Lurch. He often fails to engage anybody if nobody comes to him because he can't get anywhere. He doesn't sustain blocks and alllows people to slip off him easily. And finally it seems to me like his game is seriously lacking in intensity.

Does "The Big Excuse" get a gold star for coming in for a few snaps now? I mean, like he's done for so much of this season? Or just for playing a quarter before he gets knocked unconscious or has to be helped off the field by a trainer because of a bad hammy? The reality is, Williams has spent the equivalent of a full season sidelined by one injury or another in his brief 3.5 seasons.

First off, let's make it clear that I consider Mike WIlliams a major disapppointment. Just because a couple of our more "excitable" posters constantly accuse me of being a fan doesn't make it true, just some hyperbolic straw men that give them the opportunity to convince themselves they're right about something. My intent in joining this thread was not to defend Mike Williams (although I think your assesment of him missing the equivilant of a full season is an overstatement), it was to refute the ravings of single-topic poster who was talking out his ass again. If you watched MNF this week you saw McKinnie playing some really awful ball (at least in the 2ndhalf) and that was what I was talking about.

Basically I think the same thing I thought about the two of them on draft day 4 years ago; 6 of one, half-dozen of the other. McKinnie's been marginally better in passpro while Williams has been better working the groundgame. But both of them have been major disappointments and I don't think the Bills would be better off with McKinnie any more than they're better off with Williams.

Cya

If no one agrees with you and your Kool-Aid approach, all you do is attack their "crusade"

My calling Mike WIllimas a disappointment is Kool-Aid? Whatever.

And your sweetheart e-dog submitted about 20 straight posts in a single week, all bitching about the same player over and over and over again. That is the definition of a crusade.

this is coming from the same guy that insists we are only a player or two away from being dominant or whatever drivel you like to spew from time to time.

I believe I said 2-3 players away from competing for a title, but feel free to continue making stuff up like you always do. The Bills add a good DT, a good Guard and a good QB to this roster and right now we're talking about postioning ourselves for the postseason over the next 7 weeks.

The Bills as a whole pretty much dominated the high school teams we played in the 2nd half of the season last year.

They aren't bad lately with Brad Johnson at QB. I don't give a sh-- who it's against..........

So you repeatedly B word about the Bills beating average teams but if we're talking about the Vikes you don't give a sh-- who they're beating? Way to be consistent. :w00t:

Oh, you're talking about winning ON THE ROAD again like that awesome Vikings offense is? In the Bills' stretch run last year that you so despised, they were 4-0 on the road, 2 of those wins coming against playoff teams and another coming against a solid Cincinatti squad. But I guess that doesn't matter because you just don't give a sh-- who it's against. :doh:

this boggles my mind how ignorant you are toward people.......

you are a true moron. You are a hateful, arrogant, moron.

Congratulations on the creation of another true classic. :lol:

By reading this thread, I have yet once again reinforced the notion presented to me (without fail upon each visit to this board) that any semi positive opinion or defense of any player, staff member or affiliation with the operation of this team should be promptly swept up and bottled in a hermetically sealed container labled "Koolaid" that can only be viewed directly without harm via wearing a set of color filtered spectacles. This will hold true inspite of any level of knowledge, personal experience, wisdom obtained over years of observation, close and frequent live visual contact of the team's sessions, or any other measure.

Thanks for the reminder, I almost forget these simple guidelines sometimes.

511674[/snapback]

Shut up and drink your Kool-Aid you big stupid moron!!!!!!

It might be electric.... :doh:

Shut up and drink your Kool-Aid you big stupid moron!!!!!!

It might be electric....  :doh:

511681[/snapback]

Ahh yes thankyou, may I have another?

That comment somehow reminds me of a couple of strange recordings from some weird band back in like 1968 that somehow showed up in my cd collection :w00t:

I believe I said 2-3 players away from competing for a title, but feel free to continue making stuff up like you always do. The Bills add a good DT, a good Guard and a good QB to this roster and right now we're talking about postioning ourselves for the postseason over the next 7 weeks.

511679[/snapback]

With all due respect, I truly believe the Bills are a bit farther away than your assessment. Granted some Folks may be talking about The Bills positioning themselves for the Playoffs, I'm certainly not one of them. I hope I'm dead wrong about that, but I just cant see this Team in the Playoffs this Year. Lord knows I've been wrong before, but anyway.. .If The Bills did make it to The Playoffs, the likelihood is they would get pummeled on the Road in the 1st Round anyway...

As far as the OG, DT, and QB is concerned...I definitely think that would be a great start...But I believe this Team has 3 critical areas in desperate Need of improvement (Pass Blocking, Run Stopping, and Pass Rush), and I just think that only adding a top OG and DT is assuming WAY too much about the current Talent on this Roster, and the improved Play that will be necessary by only Upgrading 3 Positions... Again, hope I'm wrong about that...

I think the Bills Need minimum 2 Quality O-Linemen, 2 DT's (I'm assuming SA will be gone), a DE (or and OLB) who can consistantly put Pressure on the QB, a TE (maybe Everett is the guy...maybe not), and another good Young S away from competing for any Title...That is also assuming TKO comes back at 100% and Crowell takes over for Posey at the other OLB Position...

Like I said, I certainly hope I'm wrong about the Overall Talent on this Roster, but I just cant see how adding only 3 Players is going to elevate the Bills to a contender to rival Teams like New England, Denver, Pittsburgh and Cincy....And I dont think those improvements alone even put The Bills in the Ballpark with a Team like Indy...

Again, I've been wrong before... :doh:

CentralVA, Badol, and KOK,

Thank-you for bringing some true football knowledge back to this board. I finally realized you can't discuss football with some of these wannabe admins. because they are tuely clueless as you have found out.

Simon thinks McKinnie sucks and wasn't playing well in the 2nd half Monday night, proof positive. I really don't know if he was even watching or he just doesn't understand what he's watching.

It looks like the other wannabe from Alaska gave CentralVa a "vacation", why is that ? Did he explain some football to you and make you look stupid again ?

I've found if you don't agree with the views of the wannabes running the board and suck TD's ass they suspend you. I'm sure I'm next but it doesn't really matter. Keep drinking the kool-aid and telling each other how great the Bills and Mikey are playing. This is nothing but a cheerleader site for most. The true knowledgable posters like those mentioned above and some others get overrun. Hold on I have to get my pom poms before you put me on my "vacation". :blink:

Thank-you for bringing some true football knowledge back to this board. I finally realized you can't discuss football with some of these wannabe admins. because they are tuely clueless as you have found out.

Simon thinks McKinnie sucks and wasn't playing well in the 2nd half Monday night, proof positive. I really don't know if he was even watching or he just doesn't understand what he's watching.

It looks like the other wannabe from Alaska gave CentralVa a "vacation", why is that ? Did he explain some football to you and make you look stupid again ?

I've found if you don't agree with the views of the wannabes running the board and suck TD's ass they suspend you. I'm sure I'm next but it doesn't really matter. Keep drinking the kool-aid and telling each other how great the Bills and Mikey are playing. This is nothing but a cheerleader site for most. The true knowledgable posters like those mentioned above and some others get overrun. Hold on I have to get my pom poms before you put me on my "vacation". :blink:

511877[/snapback]

The fact of the matter is you're not long for this place, either. You want to call this a cheerleader site? Well head on over to the Vikings' board where you'll find all of your posts on Mike Williams - the difference is they contain the name Bryant McKinnie over there.

You get "overrun" because you're nothing more than a one trick pony.

Try this trick Alaska. It's real simple:

Who would you rather have on the Bills as of today, Williams or McKinnie ?

It's easy isn't it.

Also this thread wasn't intended to be a Williams /McKinnie debate, your buddy brought that about.

It's easy isn't it.

I'd rather have neither because they both make entirely too much money for what they contribute, and neither is likely to lead a team to postseason success.

Also this thread wasn't intended to be a Williams /McKinnie debate, your buddy brought that about.

511915[/snapback]

Bullfugginshit. "Sure glad we didn't draft him?" The countdown for you has begun and is nearing zero. A word to the wise, dog.

511877[/snapback]

I see, so true football knowledge = they agree with you. Got it :(

It's easy isn't it.

511915[/snapback]

Since both are not living up to their expecations, I'll take the guy who has character -- MW. If you want a guy who holds out half a season, gets arrested for disorderly conduct (at a gas station at 4am no less), and who gets caught on sex boats, then that's your problem.

It's also getting pretty old that the only people who know anything (in your fantasy land) are people who agree with you. Way to go, Archie Bunker.

CW

Since both are not living up to their expecations, I'll take the guy who has character -- MW. 

511965[/snapback]

How do you know he's got character? Do you KNOW Mike personally?

I swear that people on this board like to make stuff up about players they know nothing about. :(:blink:

511877[/snapback]

Thank you for choosing TBD over the past few years. We are honored that you cose our site to spend your valuable leisure time with. Sadly, we must part ways as your contentiousness is not the trait we wish to promote. Football is entertainment and meant to be enjoyed with friends and other good-natured fans. Your posts do not support that fact. Good luck in your future endeavors...

Thank you for choosing TBD over the past few years.  We are honored that you cose our site to spend your valuable leisure time with.  Sadly, we must part ways as your contentiousness is not the trait we wish to promote.  Football is entertainment and meant to be enjoyed with friends and other good-natured fans. Your posts do not support that fact.  Good luck in your future endeavors...

511973[/snapback]

Well he was right about one thing Scott. Being Next. :blink: