Sacrificial lambs are needed.

Here are my 2 choices:

Offense: Josh Reed. Not only did he play horrible in yesterday's game, but he's mostly been a non-factor all season. Too many drops this year...again. I've been giving this idiot the benefit of the doubt for way too long. 3.5 years and little to show for it. His release will allow Parrish to get more playing time at WR. Also, Reed will be a free agent this offseason and probably wasn't in the team's future plans anyway.

Defense: Jeff Posey. Not just for the dumb penalty yesterday, but for generally being outplayed all year. Occasionally he'll make a smart play, but for the most part he's been quiet and certainly less effective than Crowell. The excuses for him have long been based on the idea that TKO and Fletcher soak up all the plays, but this year the truth has emerged. Posey's cap hit is minimal (he has 1 more year left on his contract), and Crowell's emergence coupled wth TKO's return next year may have made his offseason pink slip inevitable regardless of these final 6 games. Cutting him would also free up opportunities for Stamer and Haggan to show what they've got. Both have looked solid during their preseason chances as LB's and not just special teamers.

Thoughts?

Josh Reed and Sam Adams. Send some sort of a message.

509518[/snapback]

Aren't you the least bit curious how the Josh Reed experiment will turn out?

I think he'll develop into a good player someday.

(that game is checkers at a retirement home, cut em!)

I would be very happy with at least one sacrifice right now. :D

Not sure who I want to leave first though... I wouldn't cut Reed until after the Felons game, cause that's probably where he'll end up, & riots will start if he helps them beat us so soon. :)

I got a better idea. Let us fans pick one game. Then not one person show up at the stadium. Let them play in front of an empty stadium.

Will call it "Fire Tom Donahoe Day"

That will get Ralph's attention.

509558[/snapback]

Damn good idea if you ask me...

I got a better idea. Let us fans pick one game. Then not one person show up at the stadium. Let them play in front of an empty stadium.

509558[/snapback]

Do that and the San Antonio Bills will need a new G.M..

!@#$ off, TD Apologist. I'm asking a serious question, and would appreciate serious criticism.

509517[/snapback]

:)

Okay, Mr. Serious.....there's no way I cut Josh Reed right now. As frustrating as his drops are, I think cutting someone like Sam Adams or Bennie Anderson would be more appropriate. Of course, I'd prefer we just cut MM and JG and promote SW and either Blackmon or Krumrie. These coaches are outmatched week after week.

509558[/snapback]

I like this idea. Just don't pick the Denver game, it's the only one I have tickets for, and my sons are looking forward to their first Bills game.

On Defense, there is no sacraficial lamb.  There's a sacrificial flock, so I'll go with the sheppard Jerry Grey

509596[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth....

Forget the message and lighting a fire crap. I'd cut Reed because he sucks, has sucked, and continues to suck. Then I'd tell everyone else to shut up and start producing or else they're next. I'd finish the season with 12 scrubs playing offense and defense if I had to. But I damn sure wouldn't let slackasses like that back on my field in a Bills uniform.