Jerry Sullivan

Gambler

It's Sunday night and there is one thing we all know here at The Stadium Wall....

it's all Jerry Sullivan's fault the Bills were humiliated again.

I know what you are thinking - if that Sullivan wouldn't write such negative articles about our Super Bowl contenders, then the Bills would be true favorites to win it all.

Sullivan has no right to point out the facts in the face of mindless cheerleading. Shame on him.

I haven't read his Monday column yet, but I am sure regardless of what he writes, he will be criticized here again.

To counter the negative analysis, I'll get the cheerleading started.

The Bills gained 12 first downs Sunday whereas last week they only gained 9 first downs. That's a whopping 33% improvement and yet all I hear is negativity. Shame on the naysayers!

Well since I am a natural born cynic, I guess the people who slam my favorite media type, you know your Don Cherry's your Jerry's etc. are probably real big fans of guys like John Murphy who simply tells it like it is :w00t:

Like the old saying goes...a busted clock is right twice a day. If you write negative columns all the time, then you're right when things go bad. Jerry Sullivan does not possess a special insight into the Buffalo Bills...he's just a negative guy. Worse than that, he's a weathervane, pointing whichever way the wind is blowing.

I don't have anything against writers who are critical of the Bills. I think Leo Roth and Scott Pitoniak of the D&C do a great job. But they offer insight, not sarcasm. Jerry Sullivan is the equvalent of Nelson on the Simpsons...ready to go "Ha Ha" every time the Bills falter.

PTR

It's Sunday night and there is one thing we all know here at The Stadium Wall....

it's all Jerry Sullivan's fault the Bills were humiliated again.

I know what you are thinking - if that Sullivan wouldn't write such negative articles about our Super Bowl contenders, then the Bills would be true favorites to win it all.

Sullivan has no right to point out the facts in the face of mindless cheerleading. Shame on him.

I haven't read his Monday column yet, but I am sure regardless of what he writes, he will be criticized here again.

To counter the negative analysis, I'll get the cheerleading started.

The Bills gained 12 first downs Sunday whereas last week they only gained 9 first downs. That's a whopping 33% improvement and yet all I hear is negativity. Shame on the naysayers!

508531[/snapback]

Some of us have been pointing out the team's weakness for years now. It seems the problem was never the QB.

Like the old saying goes...a busted clock is right twice a day.  If you write negative columns all the time, then you're right when things go bad.  Jerry Sullivan does not possess a special insight into the Buffalo Bills...he's just a negative guy.  Worse than that, he's a weathervane, pointing whichever way the wind is blowing.

I don't have anything against writers who are critical of the Bills.  I think Leo Roth and Scott Pitoniak of the D&C do a great job.  But they offer insight, not sarcasm.  Jerry Sullivan is the equvalent of Nelson on the Simpsons...ready to go "Ha Ha" every time the Bills falter.

PTR

508602[/snapback]

Well said, PTR. I think all of us are critical of the Bills when they deserve it. But it's not Sully's style to trash the Bills after a big loss. He'll write a more toned-down column, gloating on the inside.