Bills will open in 5 Wide, no huddle

tjwbills

Crystal ball says bring back the K Gun baby!

Fact: San Diego is nearly last in the league against the pass.

Its time for a breakout game for Losman and this O Line.

Mularkey will want to score early and often to force San Diego into their passing game and try and take LT out of the game.

Alot of WR and tight end screens out of Buffalo Sunday also.

Go Bills!

Mularkey will want to score early and often to force San Diego into their passing game and try and take LT out of the game.

Go Bills!

506851[/snapback]

The only way we take LT out of the game is if we break his legs. It doesn't matter if we score first or if we are up by 14. LT is used alot like Thurman was (pass catcher) back in the day.

Go Bills!

506851[/snapback]

JP actually had some success against the Bucs running the no huddle. In fact, I think it was in the no-huddle that the offense got its' only first downs in that game...then, like most things this year, it was abandoned....I wouldn't mind seeing the no-huddle as a change up, from time to time, not just the final minutes of the halves...

I think we highlight Shelton and the fake QB sneak...and a healthy dose of the Right Tackle eligible, Right Tackle option pass, Right Tackle reverse...

506876[/snapback]

I was thinking more LT stuff since Peters is a FAAAREEEEK!

JP actually had some success against the Bucs running the no huddle.  In fact, I think it was in the no-huddle that the offense got its' only first downs in that game...then, like most things this year, it was abandoned....I wouldn't mind seeing the no-huddle as a change up, from time to time, not just the final minutes of the halves...

506884[/snapback]

Of course you abandon what works because what works is exactly what the opposition figures you'll do so you change it up you don't play the game to your strengths, you do whatever you think the other team won't expect...ie lining MW up in the backfield...he'd be a reincarnation of the fridge back there! That's exactly what SD would not expect so thats what we do...now i can coach in the NFL.

Go Bills!

506851[/snapback]

and then you woke up...

Don't you usually take the best offensive player out of the game by not letting him on the field? Long ball controlled drives, a healthy does of #21.

506875[/snapback]

You do but against the number 2 run defense in the league is a challenge.

You can also force #21 off the field if you get up on them by two scores. You saw what happened last week with the Chiefs. Larry Johnson had 100 yrds at half time last week but when the Chiefs got down by 2 scores they went to the air. That plays into our defensive strength.

I'm telling you, the San Diego corners are the weakest in the league. Our WR's should eat their lunch downfield, on the sidelines, off the line of scrimmage, etc.

You do but against the number 2 run defense in the league is a challenge.

You can also force #21 off the field if you get up on them by two scores. You saw what happened last week with the Chiefs. Larry Johnson had 100 yrds at half time last week but when the Chiefs got down by 2 scores they went to the air. That plays into our defensive strength.

I'm telling you, the San Diego corners are the weakest in the league. Our WR's should eat their lunch downfield, on the sidelines, off the line of scrimmage, etc.

506935[/snapback]

I like your call. I really think there is a chance they go with it. Who would you rather have on the field...Campbell and Shelton or Parrish and Reed? Losman has the legs to scramble, and you always keep 2 short safety valves. I don't know if our line has the brainpower to make it work though.

One way to approach the #2 run defense in the league...and STILL run a ball-control offense and keep SD's O off the field is to run the no-huddle in a spread formation w/Willis in the backfield and RUN out of that formation...with, of course, the occasional screen, shovel pass and the occasional shot downfield on non-obvious passing downs.

No huddle and 4 wideouts doesn't HAVE to mean pass-happy. It CAN mean keeping the D's best run formation off the field and minimizing substitution.

With that said...we ain't doing that.

One way to approach the #2 run defense in the league...and STILL run a ball-control offense and keep SD's O off the field is to run the no-huddle in a spread formation w/Willis in the backfield and RUN out of that formation...

506956[/snapback]

And by run, I mean, make them account for JP's legs. The dude is virtually back home. He'll be juiced. Get some designed drop-back-then-run-up-the-middle plays and have him scamper around the field until they have to watch him, then you have one more wrinkle. You can probably get a few good plays off by getting him running a bit more.
With that said...we ain't doing that.

Roger that.

And by run, I mean, make them account for JP's legs. The dude is virtually back home. He'll be juiced. Get some designed drop-back-then-run-up-the-middle plays and have him scamper around the field until they have to watch him, then you have one more wrinkle. You can probably get a few good plays off by getting him running a bit more.Roger that.

507028[/snapback]

I generally like to see a QB with any quickness run a bit, enough to keep the D uncomfortable, but no way would I call a run for Losman up the middle with Holcolm's ears still ringing. ("I think I can play, but I feel like I'm going to throw up.")

LOL...Sheltons athleticism will do the rest!!

507033[/snapback]

In a surprise move, MW replaces Shelton at FB this week... :lol: