So that "jet" fly-over at RWS today...

JÂy RÛßeÒ

and cut out of formation early supposed to be doing that?  It didn't look right to me...

502208[/snapback]

Don't know, didn't see...but generally, if they have any inkling of a fault, they'll abort the flyover rather than risk a flight (and potential crash) over a packed stadium. With the obvious caveat of a fault occurring right at that moment (clearly possible, clearly long odds against it - and by the way, smoke coming from a plane indicates a major problem. There's very few failures that will start a plane smoking without some sort of advanced warning), it was probably some sort of planned display.

When are they going to bring back the jets for flyovers?!?

502328[/snapback]

I assume your asking about the F-16s? We haven’t been asked, plus due to funding (war) I doubt we (Syracuse) would be able to do it. It costs a lot of money.

I wondered why they were so late after the singing of the National Anthem.  :rolleyes:

502374[/snapback]

Most times it’s because of the singer singing the National Anthem. The performance is timed during rehearsal. That time is given to the pilots. Once the Anthem starts, someone on the ground tells the pilots, they then use that time to hit the flyover at the exact time....

At the NASCAR race in Watkins Glen, the F-16s were a little late, because of a fast National Anthem.