Wanna make some more money this week ?

e-dog

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If so, the money you should have made on the Colts last week using the kids college fund you can now use on:

Philly -3 over Dallas. Again another Monday nighter. Philly wins by two td's easy.

500428[/snapback]

There are a few rules of gambling.

One of them is don't bet division rivalries. I think Philly and Dallas can be considered that, right?

I guess I'm still wondering how you think Philly will win by 2 TD's when they got smoked by Dallas earlier in the season. It MUST be the Drew Bledsoe playing a team for the 2nd time in the season effect, right?

I don't think any of you who have respond know any 'rules of gambling'. what are those exactly????

Division rivalries ? I guesss these plays are off limits.

Smart money. LOL. I can't wait to here what your explanation of smart money is .

It's gambling. You have a 50/50 chance to cover. I like Philly. We will seee Mon.

CYA. ;)

Since we're talking about this game (and I'd would definately stay away), the play on it is to tease Philly with the over. The o/u is 39, and Philly is a 3 point fav. Tease the o/u to 33 and take the over with Philly +3 or even Dallas +9 (tho road games can get away).

If you really want to make a play, tease Browns/Steelers in Pitt. The line is Pitt -7.5, and the o/u is 34.5. I'd tease Pitt down to -1.5 and tease the o/u down to 28.5 and take the over.

I don't think any of you who have respond know any 'rules of gambling'. what are those exactly????

Smart money. LOL.  I can't wait to here what your explanation of smart money is .

It's gambling. You have a 50/50 chance to cover. I like Philly. We will seee Mon.

CYA. ;)

500587[/snapback]

Not betting on division rivalries is a silly rule, especially considering that so many opportunities exist each year. IMO the familiarity of two teams can often be used to the bettor’s advantage in certain division match ups. In this particular game a couple factors are playing a role that could signal a performance outside the norms of what each team has done.

For starters any Monday night home game generally means a stronger advantage. Second is the importance of this game to Philadelphia, and revenge for the earlier thrashing at the hands of the Cowboys. If Philadelphia was ever to respond this year this is the game they must do it.

I'm not betting this game simply because without TO we really don't know how good this Eagles team is. McNabb hasn't been right since the hit he took in Atlanta, and frankly nothing the Eagles have done this year even resembles the team that went to all those NFC championships. That said if you’re someone who likes to favor intangibles then the Eagles seem like a strong play.

Not betting on division rivalries is a silly rule, especially considering that so many opportunities exist each year. IMO the familiarity of two teams can often be used to the bettor’s advantage in certain division match ups. In this particular game a couple factors are playing a role that could signal a performance outside the norms of what each team has done.

For starters any Monday night home game generally means a stronger advantage. Second is the importance of this game to Philadelphia, and revenge for the earlier thrashing at the hands of the Cowboys. If Philadelphia was ever to respond this year this is the game they must do it.

I'm not betting this game simply because without TO we really don't know how good this Eagles team is. McNabb hasn't been right since the hit he took in Atlanta, and frankly nothing the Eagles have done this year even resembles the team that went to all those NFC championships.  That said if you’re someone who likes to favor intangibles then the Eagles seem like a strong play.

Then again, maybe not. Which is why I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole. But if I DID have to bet, I'd bet the Cowboys smoke the Eagles.

Then again, maybe not.  Which is why I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.  But if I DID have to bet, I'd bet the Cowboys smoke the Eagles.

500660[/snapback]

I'll take the Cowboys +3 all day long. Even with the DB half season blues lingering.

Then again, maybe not.  Which is why I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.  But if I DID have to bet, I'd bet the Cowboys smoke the Eagles.

500660[/snapback]

I wouldn't touch it either way.

I like intangible type plays when the line dictates it, IE overvaluing one team while the other has motivation, emotion, or other circumstances in its favor. The Eagles have many of those circumstances going with theme Monday night, but since they developed the reputation of a winner the last few years they still come with a more expensive price then other teams who have performed better this season.

I wouldn't touch it either way. 

I like intangible type plays when the line dictates it, IE overvaluing one team while the other has motivation, emotion, or other circumstances in its favor. The Eagles have many of those circumstances going with theme Monday night, but since they developed the reputation of a winner the last few years they still come with a more expensive price then other teams who have performed better this season.

Intangibles play a part, but here's how I look at the Eagles. They were 10th in yards and 3rd in points given up last year. This year they are 7th and 10th worst, giving up almost 7 points more per game. That's not good no matter HOW you slice it. Then look at the offense. They have been passing almost exclusively because they have no running game. But McNabb is still hurting, and their best weapon in the passing game, TO, is gone. Intanglibles can help, but they won't win you games when you aren't a good team. At least not for the most part, which AGAIN is the reason I wouldn't touch this game.

If so, the money you should have made on the Colts last week using the kids college fund you can now use on:

Philly -3 over Dallas. Again another Monday nighter. Philly wins by two td's easy.

500428[/snapback]

Couldn't Diagree more... I think Philly is HIGHLY overrated, they aint sheet without TO, Westbrook scares nobody, Mcnabb can only do so much, oh did I mention how bad the D is?

You never know which Philly team is going to show up. They are way too inconsistent this year. The smart money would stay away from this game.

500471[/snapback]

Smart money doesn't care if it's a Monday Nighter, and it would take a pass. Dumbasses like me who like to have a little cash on a prime time game have to have a bet. We can't just not bet it. But at three or more points in a divisional game, always take the dog.

On the other hand, if he saw the Colts win as clearly as I did last week (dumped everything I earned for the year on that game), he may see this game more clearly than me. I do not see Philadelphia falling apart because of TO. Either way, it'll be a great game. And I look forward to reading the board everytime Bledsoe drops back and pats.

Smart money. LOL.  I can't wait to here what your explanation of smart money is .

CYA. ;)

500587[/snapback]

One rule of gambling is never take somrthing at 100/110 odds with a 50-50 shot of being right.

500587[/snapback]

true ignorance, when someone doesn't listen to good advice. it's a tough game. there are better ones to bet on.

and if you don't know the rules of gambling, not even one, then you shouldn't gamble. here's another rule for you; don't bet with your heart, bet with your head. that's why i stay away from bills games.