LOST 2.06 Discussion Thread

UConn James

I get the point that she is supposed to be tough, but it's overdone the way her face contorts and her voice raises every time she is trying to assert herself.

499497[/snapback]

she went to the john travolta school of acting

"contort your face and bare your teeth when you want to look tough or angry!"

i hope she's the next to go

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she went to the john travolta school of acting

"contort your face and bare your teeth when you want to look tough or angry!"

i hope she's the next to go

499592[/snapback]

You know...I really can't stand her either. Jeez...calm the frig down, would ya?

You know...I really can't stand her either.  Jeez...calm the frig down, would ya?

499597[/snapback]

It doesn't help that the producers of the show have waited so long to show us what happened to her that she's such a spaz.

And it doesn't help that the rest of her group are acting completely differently than she is.

It doesn't help that the producers of the show have waited so long to show us what happened to her that she's such a spaz.

And it doesn't help that the rest of her group are acting completely differently than she is.

499618[/snapback]

I hope we find out next week why everyone in that group treats her like a God.

I'd like to see him be flat out bad for his own purposes.  Mostly, he's the nice guy that everyone turns to when they have issues/questions about electronics, concrete, moving around the island, everything.  It's dull when someone so capable is so selfless at the same time.

499471[/snapback]

That's just the way Sayid is. Same was he shot himself so Nadia could get away, why he fixed the computer when he didn't know what it was for, why he tinkers around with the radios, etc. He's trying to be useful. I'm a lot like that myself (minus the shooting myself in the groin part). On the island, a thinking person has to find some kind of project or something to do or you go crazy.

I think we see a change in this. And whatever A-L did after the crash that we're going to be have next week, it doesn't do crapola about the fact she just shot Shannon. I don't think Sayid just lets it go after a few eps. He did that with Locke (even after Shannon told him "Locke killed my brother. Can you do something about that?") b/c he had no proof that Locke did it intentionally. Here, there's a smoking gun.

How did Shannon learn French?  From living in France? From being an aupair to a dirty french man? Hmmmm?

499425[/snapback]

Damn!! I completely forgot about that. Last season she did tell Sayid how she looked after some kids in France. She mentioned the song from "Finding Nemo", (oddly enough she never said the title, which would have been ok since Disney owns ABC),and she sang it too.

This was a very good episode, maybe the best of the season so far. This show is far, far away from "Jumping the Shark". It is still the best show on TV right now. I look forward to next week's show.

Also I am still waiting to see the creature return to the show, they have'nt gone back to that plot either.

Sort of a spoiler:

I had read in the NY Post that at some point there is an actual cold blooded murder this season. And only one person on the island knows who the killer is. Knowing for awhile that Shannon was leaving the show, I thought it would be her. So, I'm excited who it is and who does the killing.

Damn!! I completely forgot about that.  Last season she did tell Sayid how she looked after some kids in France. She mentioned the song from "Finding Nemo", (oddly enough she never said the title, which would have been ok since Disney owns ABC),and she sang it too.

This was a very good episode, maybe the best of the season so far. This show is far, far away from "Jumping the Shark". It is still the best show on TV right now. I look forward to next week's show.

Also I am still waiting to see the creature return to the show, they have'nt gone back to that plot either.

500219[/snapback]

IMO - Shannon's gone and she's not coming back. I think the spoiler FergsKU refers may be paraphrased and it refers to her getting offed.

WTF happened to Desmond? He did not just run away...he went somewhere to do something....this has to return at some point.

I also re-watched the episode of the initiation video in the hatch. That video is chopped up and does not flow as a produced video should. Looks to me like it has been edited. Perhaps there is a complete copy in the hatch yet to be found.

WTF happened to Desmond? He did not just run away...he went somewhere to do something....this has to return at some point.

500438[/snapback]

Yeah, he went somewhere to sleep for fuggin month. Sure as sh-- what I'd do after three years of 4-8-15-16-23-42 every 108 minutes.

Yeah, he went somewhere to sleep for fuggin month. Sure as sh-- what I'd do after three years of 4-8-15-16-23-42 every 108 minutes.

500509[/snapback]

I'd try and get into Kate's pants

but that's just me

hell, after three years of 4-8-15-16-23-42 every 108 minutes I might be tempted to do Michelle Rodriguez

The flashbacks are strange.  Shannon has a flashback to being in the hospital, and we see Jack run past her.  She never knew Jack and probably didn't even see him rush past, but there he is when she has a flashback.

500629[/snapback]

They aren't flashbacks in that they're only what that person remembers happening. They're flashbacks to what did happen, exactly as it happened.

I never think of the flashbacks as being what that person is remembering at that moment on the island. More like what the producers think would make for a good story at that point in the episode.

A little controversy-

The shot of Sayid holding Shannon and looking at the killer, you can see the killer holding something in their LEFT hand. When they show Ana Lucia, she is holding her gun with BOTH hands. Also, Shannon's wound looks alot more like a stab wound then a gunshot. I have the feeling that the producers have misled us once again....

500438[/snapback]

Oh. And....

It might behoove everyone to remember that these first 6 weeks of the season comprise about two days on the island. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole season only takes up a couple-few weeks in island time. Don't make the mistake of applying real-time.

Desmond hasn't been gone that long. It's been about 4 days since Claire had the baby (dead on about her losing the baby weight quickly), Charlie's gash on the head already has a smooth scab.... And thinking about that now, Charlie is acting so possessive of Claire and the baby b/c in his estimation, he's invested a lot in that relationship being their physical protector twice (Ethan, then Danielle), their Bjorn-maker, and their peanut butter purveyor.

Then I've been thinking, the whole episode was Shannon taking proverbial shots to the stomach --- Her father died, her stepmother stole her inheritance money (think of "Sense and Sensibility" in this regard), accepted to a dream internship at perhaps the one thing she was apparently good at and couldn't go b/c stepmother bought off Boone (probably the only person she had left to trust) with the job, stepmother pushing her out of the house at her dad's wake.... To what her personality shifted to, how much can you blame her? A person can only take so much until it just becomes easier to be a stereotype, and then shut down. I've gotta hand it to the writers for their intricacy here. The shot (or stab) in the stomach at the end was merely a literal act of what had happened metaphorically in the flashbacks.

Oh. And....

It might behoove everyone to remember that these first 6 weeks of the season comprise about two days on the island. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole season only takes up a couple-few weeks in island time. Don't make the mistake of applying real-time.

500760[/snapback]

David Lindelof, co-creator of Lost, states in an interview that season 2 covers 45-50 days, the same as season 1.

Lindelof interview by SBC

A little controversy-

The shot of Sayid holding Shannon and looking at the killer, you can see the killer holding something in their LEFT hand.  When they show Ana Lucia, she is holding her gun with BOTH hands.  Also, Shannon's wound looks alot more like a stab wound then a gunshot.  I have the feeling that the producers have misled us once again....

500692[/snapback]

Dude, if you are posting spoilers again I will hunt you down.