Chiefs RB Priest Holmes to retire

sblueman

Source: NBC Affiliate in KC [ Full Article ]

At 10 PM Central NBC News led off with a story about news on RB Priest Holmes. Jack Harry, Sports Director for that station reported that he spoke with two higher sources within the Chiefs organization and they have said that Priest Holmes indeed may retire as early as tomorrow. In Florida today, Holmes was getting a 3rd opinion on the hit he took from SD DE Shawn Merriman two weeks ago. Apparently what has been found is a lump on or within Priest's spine and if he were to take one more big hit, he could face paralysis.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At 10 PM Central NBC News led off with a story about news on RB Priest Holmes. Jack Harry, Sports Director for that station reported that he spoke with two higher sources within the Chiefs organization and they have said that Priest Holmes indeed may retire as early as tomorrow. In Florida today, Holmes was getting a 3rd opinion on the hit he took from SD DE Shawn Merriman two weeks ago. Apparently what has been found is a lump on or within Priest's spine and if he were to take one more big hit, he could face paralysis.

498353[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that- he is a class act and great talent. Unfortunately for us Larry Brown is a hell of a back.

I wish him well, however this leads the door open for the bills coaching staff to screw up the obvious hole in the chiefs attack (see past examples of the falcons and saints with their 92 missing starting defensive backs).

edit: when will a real news agency pick this story up?

If he were Tedy Bruschi he'd play through it.

But of course, he's no Tedy Bruschi.

No one is, except of course THE Tedy Bruschi.

That's the important lesson we learned from listening and watching the national media the past three weeks boys and girls, now isn't it?

Brown??? Dammit i thought he was coaching the Knicks. But with our run d he could probably run up at least a hundred on us.

498366[/snapback]

I still have a clear memory in 1972 when OJ was fighting it out for the NFL rushing title with the Redskins Larry Brown.

That was OJs first rushing title and his first season under Louu Saban. He gained (if I remember correctly) 1,251 yards and the following year had 2.003.

I can't believe Brown is still playing 33 seasons later. Still, he's no Tedy.

498353[/snapback]

It's going to be fun to watch everyone scramble to pick up a new back for their fantasy teams, though...

I still have a clear memory in 1972 when OJ was fighting it out for the NFL rushing title with the Redskins Larry Brown.

That was OJs first rushing title and his first season under Louu Saban. He gained (if I remember correctly) 1,251 yards and the following year had 2.003.

I can't believe Brown is still playing 33 seasons later. Still, he's no Tedy.

498388[/snapback]

I heard that he has an accordeen band in Chicktawaga

498353[/snapback]

This link connects to a message board which connects to some guys blog. This smells of BS to me. I will believe it when a reputable source runs the story.