Chiefs RB Priest Holmes to retire

sblueman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He went from being Ricky Williams blocking FB at Texas to a great back in his own right. Reminds me of Franco Harris, who blocked for Lydell Mitchell at Penn St. and then became a star in the NFL .

KC is fortunate to have another star to take his place in Larry Johnson.

Source: NBC Affiliate in KC [ Full Article ]

At 10 PM Central NBC News led off with a story about news on RB Priest Holmes. Jack Harry, Sports Director for that station reported that he spoke with two higher sources within the Chiefs organization and they have said that Priest Holmes indeed may retire as early as tomorrow. In Florida today, Holmes was getting a 3rd opinion on the hit he took from SD DE Shawn Merriman two weeks ago. Apparently what has been found is a lump on or within Priest's spine and if he were to take one more big hit, he could face paralysis.

498353[/snapback]

The sound of that hit was something I've not heard before. A wicked popping noise. That Merriman is a ton of bricks and Holmes didn't see it coming.

Guest BackInDaDay
I still have a clear memory in 1972 when OJ was fighting it out for the NFL rushing title with the Redskins Larry Brown.

498388[/snapback]

Thanks for the memory. :D

Our boy McDole did well on that team - George Allen's "Over the Hill Gang".

Source: NBC Affiliate in KC [ Full Article ]

At 10 PM Central NBC News led off with a story about news on RB Priest Holmes. Jack Harry, Sports Director for that station reported that he spoke with two higher sources within the Chiefs organization and they have said that Priest Holmes indeed may retire as early as tomorrow. In Florida today, Holmes was getting a 3rd opinion on the hit he took from SD DE Shawn Merriman two weeks ago. Apparently what has been found is a lump on or within Priest's spine and if he were to take one more big hit, he could face paralysis.

498353[/snapback]

That's unfortunate. Preist has been one of the best backs in the league for the last couple of years. Hopefully he'll be alright.

who will get more on the ground vs bills.........larry johnson or LT?

LJ already had become the best back on the chiefs roster.....5.2 yards per carry for season 4.9 against the raiders last week.........Vermeil had no problem foregoing fg attempt with 5 seconds left..........larry johnson will become one of nfls elite backs

who will get more on the ground vs bills.........larry johnson or LT?

LJ already had become the best back on the chiefs roster.....5.2 yards per carry for season 4.9 against the raiders last week.........Vermeil had no problem foregoing fg attempt with 5 seconds left..........larry johnson will become one of nfls elite backs

498697[/snapback]

Johnson is a stud . Power and speed :huh:

Here's what I know: The KC press conference had Chiefs GM Carl Peterson say Priest Holmes will be put on IR, but did not say anything else about Priest's medical condition.

Here's what I think: Priest has been getting second and third opinions on a growth in his lower back (on his spine). While checking Priest's concussion, I think the doctors found something else. When I hear anything about a growth, I think of a tumor and/or cancer.

Larry Johnson will be the starter. The Chiefs have worked out Tatum Bell (again) and I think they signed RB Dee Brown off a practice squad (possibly its own).

Here's what I know: The KC press conference had Chiefs GM Carl Peterson say Priest Holmes will be put on IR, but did not say anything else about Priest's medical condition.

Here's what I think: Priest has been getting second and third opinions on a growth in his lower back (on his spine). While checking Priest's concussion, I think the doctors found something else. When I hear anything about a growth, I think of a tumor and/or cancer.

Larry Johnson will be the starter. The Chiefs have worked out Tatum Bell (again) and I think they signed RB Dee Brown off a practice squad (possibly its own).

498961[/snapback]

thats an ugly avatar too.....chiefs worked out tatum bell? correct me if he doesn't play for the broncos

Yeah you're right. Bell plays for the Donks. I meant Quentin Griffin, not Bell. And my avatar is a couple years old. I'll update it right...about...now!

498968[/snapback]

thats just as ugly........the donks :huh: what do you guys call the chargers?