QB help ASAP please

Pete

I have a big game this week and my QB- Carson Palmer is on bye week. My backup is Jeff Garcia. I need help bad! I am scouring the waiver wire and my choices are:

Chris Simms versus Washington

Trent Dilfer vs Pitt

Steve Mcnair vs Jacksonville

Gus Ferrotte vs New England

Kurt Warner vs Detroit

Brooks Bollinger versus Carolina

Kelly Holcomb vs KC

Cody Pickett vs Chicago

Man-is it just me- not only are they all mediocre QBs-they all have tough matchups?

What to do?

Wow. You're in deep crap, man.

You could take a risk and use Warner, because he was putting up lots of passing yards early in the year, but he fumbles and throws INTs, too, so you could run into the scenario where he throws for 300 yards, but fumbles twice and throws 4 picks, giving you negative points. He's a paradox, all right.

You could play Sparky Holcomb and hope that he gets into a shootout with Green... :D . What am I saying!?!?

Pete, you're screwed. Go with Dilfer and hope that they are getting blown out so he has to chuck it up there plenty and often.

Sounds crazy, but go with Ferrotte against the Patsies. Their secondary is so banged up and the safeties blow. Chambers and McMichael should be able to make some plays if Ferrotte can get them the ball, as Ronnie Brown and Rasta Ricky should have some success running the ball making the New England D play more honest.

Chris Simms, Chris Simms, Chris Simms!!!!

Use him, I absolutely promise you'll be happy with how he performs this week. I am vey confident in this pick, I've actually started him over other QB's in a few of my leagues. This is his one week of the year that he'll play well, so take advantage.

.. of course promise not to sew me if he sucks it up. I'll be pissed enough since I invested a lot (no money though :D) in him this week.

note: if you are not so risky as I am... Ferrotte and Holcomb are safer picks with a probable 150 yrds 1int, and 1td each.

Use him, I absolutely promise you'll be happy with how he performs this week. I am vey confident in this pick, I've actually started him over other QB's in a few of my leagues. This is his one week of the year that he'll play well, so take advantage.

.. of course promise not to sew me if he sucks it up. I'll be pissed enough since I invested a lot (no money though :huh:) in him this week.

note: if you are not so risky as I am... Ferrotte and Holcomb are safer picks with a probable 150 yrds 1int, and 1td each.

498561[/snapback]

kyle orton isnt a choice??

.. of course promise not to sew me if he sucks it up. I'll be pissed enough since I invested a lot (no money though :)) in him this week.

498561[/snapback]

:huh:

Chris Simms absolutely sucks.

This coming from a Texas fan.

Don't start him.

:huh:

Don't start him.

499149[/snapback]

In the truest sense Chris Simms=RJ, southpaw!

As a fellow Austinite, can you not appreciate how much the RJ/Flutie controversy mirrored the Simms/Applewhite controversy in Texas? Thank god for Vincent Young!

:w00t:

In the truest sense Chris Simms=RJ, southpaw!

As a fellow Austinite, can you not appreciate how much the RJ/Flutie controversy mirrored the Simms/Applewhite controversy in Texas?  Thank god for Vincent Young!

499154[/snapback]

:):lol: Nice post!! HehEhehehe

;)

Don't start him.

499149[/snapback]

I read someone describe Simms as "Ryan Leaf without the attitude."

I'd go Warner or Holcomb. Zona has no running game so they have to chuck the rock even against an underated Lions D.

The Chiefs pass D is horrid, although they are getting healthier. I'd say Holcomb (gulp) is the safe bet for 200yds and a TD or 2. If you need to chance your QB to throw up large points go with Warner.

I didn't see Harrington's name mentioned, but..... Looks like he'll start as Garcia's still banged up. He's good for a game or two a year that reminds us he was the 3rd overall pick and he's way overdue. Very high risk/reward.

I didn't see Harrington's name mentioned, but..... Looks like he'll start as Garcia's still banged up. He's good for a game or two a year that reminds us he was the 3rd overall pick and he's way overdue. Very high risk/reward.

500437[/snapback]

Should have listened to my own advice. I also kept Roy Willams on the bench because reports said he wouldn't be playing the whole game....Ouch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.