Do You Think the Pats

Casey D

These guys have been on top for so long, and accomplished so much, do you think with the beating they took last night--and the realization that they won't win it all this year--that they might be too mentally spent simply to strive for an AFC East title? It seems possible that they could be like the Bills in 1994 and end up at 7-9, even with a relatively easy schedule. They probably will be back next year to some extent, but I just wonder how fired up they can be to just get a 4 seed in the playoffs. Just a thought, but I really think this thing is more wide open than ever.

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll win the division just because of the remaining schedule, but with that defense, they'll not go far in the playoffs.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

498151[/snapback]

You hope they'll lose the division?

You Pats trolls really are fair weather fans.

If I had to guess, I'd say they'll win the division just because of the remaining schedule, but with that defense, they'll not go far in the playoffs.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

498151[/snapback]

Plus it looks the Pats will have to beat the Steelers and Colts at Pittsburgh

and at Indy to reach the superbowl...

I'll tell you what, if the Bills didn't collapse in that game against the Pats, Boston would be wringing their hands like mad today.

The Bills dominated the Pats in much the same way that the Colts did (albeit to a lesser extent), which would have made two dominations, at home, on national TV, to AFC opponents. That defense was taken for a ride in both games, and if we had only hung on, the Pats D would be getting lambasted in the press.

Ah well.