Ben Watson

Thailog80

12 receptions in two years? Give me Daniel Graham instead.

Also, not enough evidence to back this up, but I think the learning curve for TE's is much faster than WR's. Just look at the way Gates, Gonzales, and Shockey burst onto the scene. It might mean that those who don't pick it up quickly won't pick it up at all.

12 receptions in two years?  Give me Daniel Graham instead. 

Also, not enough evidence to back this up, but I think the learning curve for TE's is much faster than WR's.  Just look at the way Gates, Gonzales, and Shockey burst onto the  scene.  It might mean that those who don't pick it up quickly won't pick it up at all.

497560[/snapback]

Like I said...IMHO. Injured last year also. Graham is fine also but Watson has more talent , better speed and is bigger.

The guy is going to be a star in this league. What a weapon he is. Just MHO.

497536[/snapback]

IIRC, he has WR speed...don't know if his injuries have affected that, though.

The Pats played Cincy in a pre-season game before he got injured - the radio announcers were very impressed with him.

IIRC, he has WR speed...don't know if his injuries have affected that, though.

The Pats played Cincy in a pre-season game before he got injured - the radio announcers were very impressed with him.

497591[/snapback]

Watson ran in the low 4.4s in workouts prior to the draft. Very fast for a TE.

Please spare me, decent TE with overrated speed. NOT a good blocker

497608[/snapback]

I know nothing about his blocking, but considering that, what?, mayby half of a team's plays can be with a 3 wr set, having a fellow with that speed seems a good thing to have - split him out if you like.

The guy is going to be a star in this league. What a weapon he is. Just MHO.

497536[/snapback]

Man, I love the TE screen. Remember when we used to run that play in the Knox era at least once every other game. Can still see big ole slow, white, Marc Brammer rumbling and stumbling towards the endzone agaisn't the Jets.

i liked him when he entered the draft. him and the other TE that came in at the same time. i was sad that neather find their way to the bills.

497565[/snapback]

You probably mean Ben Troupe....who was drafted by the Titans.

Ben also scored a 42 on his wonderlic. The dude is a freak all the way around. I agree- Watson is gonna be a star. He is a mismatch waiting to happen. No LB can keep up with him and few CBs can run with him- not to mention hes a big dude

I must have missed it. What did Watson do that was so amazing? I mean I heard last year at draft time that he was a freak but that he had an injury problem, and then he proceeds to break his leg (I believe). Then THIS pre-season I hear that he's going to be the reason the cover-2 will no longer work against the Pats, and that proves not to be true either. I mean I'd take him (or Graham) over what the Bills have, but I'd need to see more from the kid before I say he's anything special. Now Heath Miller OTOH...