Tonight is an historic night!!!

stevestojan

Tonight is the SECOND CONSECUTIVE GAME back for Tedy Brewski after suffering an almost deadly stroke less than a year ago. Please folks, tape or TiVo the game. If not for yourself, for your children and posterity reasons. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Wow, to be alive today and witness such a heroic event.

Go Tedy!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can the poor, underdog, "bring your lunchbox to work", high motor, blue collar, "everyman" Patriots

SOMEHOW

SOMEWAY

by some MIRACLE.....

TOPPLE the GREAT.... the UNDEFEATED.... the AWE-INSPRIING JUGGERNAUT, the Indianapolis Colts?

Colts got his one. Patriots have NO CHANCE in HELL!

BUT

IF

IF

IF they SOMEHOW conjure up the COURAGE, the MAGIC, and the HEART to defeat the COLTS?

well, then we'll all be witnessing magic, ladies and gentlemen

Tonight is the SECOND CONSECUTIVE GAME back for Tedy Brewski after suffering an almost deadly stroke less than a year ago. Please folks, tape or TiVo the game. If not for yourself, for your children and posterity reasons. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it.

Wow, to be alive today and witness such a heroic event.

Go Tedy!

497110[/snapback]

Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) believes in giving credit where credit is due. You sir apparently do not. TiVo is a registered name, and as such should be followed by one of these: ©®™ --though I'm not sure which one applies. In the future when you refer to Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) in print please check your sources, never plagarize, use proper punctuation and remember to conjugate those verbs. Tedy is a stickler for conjugation. And, of course use the proper symbol thingy whenever necessary. Tedy thanks you for your continued support.

Don't forget...you too can play the "count the hits" game and see if you can find as many Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) hits as the media.

497177[/snapback]

I'm in, but I just need clarification on one thing. If he has a huge play (such as a sack, fumble recovery, touchdown, etc), and his teammates give his a congratulatory hit on the helmet and/or ass, does that count as an official "hit"?

I'm in, but I just need clarification on one thing. If he has a huge play (such as a sack, fumble recovery, touchdown, etc), and his teammates give his a congratulatory hit on the helmet and/or ass, does that count as an official "hit"?

497183[/snapback]

I would have to say "no", but if one of his teammates does something spectacular and he gives them a smack on the helmet, then that definitely counts as a hit. Not only that, but he will also then get at least partial credit for the spectacular play.

I don't think so.

497215[/snapback]

Any English Majors/Teachers around here? Historic starts with a "soft" H. Thus, I think you use the word "an" before it. Does anyone know for sure?

(Wow, you know the Bills suck when this is what we're talking about).

Actually, I think I should have used "an" before "heoric", too.

I would have to say "no", but if one of his teammates does something spectacular and he gives them a smack on the helmet, then that definitely counts as a hit. Not only that, but he will also then get at least partial credit for the spectacular play.

497189[/snapback]

In the interest of correct scoring, if Bruschi (We're not worthy!) misses a big play and pumps his fists or claps his hands together in frustration, that is also considered a "hit".

But my dream for tonight is that he can make another unbelievable missed tackle in the backfield. Damn, that was just awsome. AWSOME!!!

Any English Majors/Teachers around here? Historic starts with a "soft" H. Thus, I think you use the word "an" before it. Does anyone know for sure?

(Wow, you know the Bills suck when this is what we're talking about).

Actually, I think I should have used "an" before "heoric", too.

497219[/snapback]

I believe you are correct, sir. Historic should be preceded by an "an".

As for the other subject of this thread, I hope he dies.

EDIT:

From Guide to Grammar

A or An.

Use an in place of a when it precedes a vowel sound, not just a vowel. That means it's "an honor" (the h is silent), but "a UFO" (because it's pronounced yoo eff oh). This confuses people most often with acronyms and other abbreviations: some people think it's wrong to use "an" in front of an abbreviation (like "MRI") because "an" can only go before vowels. Poppycock: the sound is what matters. It's "an MRI," assuming you pronounce it "em ar eye."

Edited by Johnny Coli

497183[/snapback]

Congratulatory hits count as one hit; add a half (use an "a" here as it is not a silent h) hit if it causes a minor stroke (numbness, even dumber look on his face, etc.) and two full hits if one side is paralyzed enough to cause him to run in a lopsided circle.