USA Today Article/Editorial

buckeyemike

AMEN!!! I treasure those 1-13 seasons as much as the 4 super bowls years, the Bills are my team and will be forever!

It's a pretty good article, indeed, and a reminder that being successful all the time loses its luster. The only true way to enjoy a 13-3 season is to have lived through the 3-13s. Somehow. Some way. We'll be back. And if I don't get to see it, maybe my son will.

494792[/snapback]

AMEN!!!  I treasure those 1-13 seasons as much as the 4 super bowls years, the Bills are my team and will be forever!

495110[/snapback]

Good to finally hear some FANS speaking here. :D

I am only guaranteed 16 regular season Bills games a year and I will be DAMNED if I start looking to next season until this one is finished. <_<

Read the thread on the comeback game - it is not over til it's over!

GREAT article!

Nice article...thanks.

It's been said before, but bears repeating. A large segment of so-called Pats fans are as fair-weather as they come. That team has a terribly small loyal fan base. But, don't think that's a New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) thing, as Red Sox fans are as loyal as they come....same with the Bruins.

Guest BackInDaDay
I think it's the Oakland game, too.

That was the one where the Bills trailed 13-7 with about four minutes left and the final was 21-20 after Rashad caught the winning TD with 30 seconds to go.

The opening MNF game of the 1974 season (September 16, 1974).

Mike

495047[/snapback]

Thanks Mike, that's the one I'm thinking of. <_< Great memories.

I wonder if Mr. Rashad was Mr. Moore when he scored that one? :D

Guest BackInDaDay
Good to finally hear some FANS speaking here.  :D

I am only guaranteed 16 regular season Bills games a year and I will be DAMNED if I start looking to next season until this one is finished.  <_<

Read the thread on the comeback game - it is not over til it's over!

GREAT article!

495127[/snapback]

I agree that it's nice to reminisce about the past, but trying to identify what the team's current problems are doesn't make anyone less of a fan.

Maybe this season a young Bills fan somewhere gets a memory like the MNF one discussed above. Long after we're gone, he (or she ) is posting on SDS's kid's board about the Evans catch that beat the Chiefs and propelled the Bills to a 8-0 2nd half back in '05. That's really what it's about.

I may have come to expect too much. That's on me. This team has already given me enough memories to rival those of any other team's fans. Will a SB win top them all? I don't know. It may even be a letdown.... nah. :D

I would never try to gauge who is more or less a fan. I also would never try to stop folks from trying to identify the team's current shortcomings.

I guess what I do not like is when people are throwing in the towel after 8 games, ignoring the next 8, and already speculating on what to do in the off season. I prefer to doing that in the OFF season. <_< My ref to the comeback game was only to remind everyone that stranger things have happened.

I agree that it's nice to reminisce about the past, but trying to identify what the team's current problems are doesn't make anyone less of a fan. 

Maybe this season a young Bills fan somewhere gets a memory like the MNF one discussed above.  Long after we're gone, he (or she ) is posting on SDS's kid's board about the Evans catch that beat the Chiefs and propelled the Bills to a 8-0 2nd half back in '05.  That's really what it's about. 

I may have come to expect too much.  That's on me.  This team has already given me enough memories to rival those of any other team's fans. Will a SB win top them all?  I don't know.  It may even be a letdown....  nah.  :D

495267[/snapback]

Thanks Mike, that's the one I'm thinking of.  <_<  Great memories.

I wonder if Mr. Rashad was Mr. Moore when he scored that one?  :D

495234[/snapback]

I think he was Ahmad Rashad by then. the headlines from the Buffalo (Evening) News the day after the game read "A Star is Born" referring to Fergusons late game performance.

I think it's the Oakland game, too.

That was the one where the Bills trailed 13-7 with about four minutes left and the final was 21-20 after Rashad caught the winning TD with 30 seconds to go.

The opening MNF game of the 1974 season (September 16, 1974).

Mike

495047[/snapback]

I believe that his name was switched from Moore to Rashad before he was a Bill.

I went to sleep before the game was over. George Blanda missed a field goal attempt near the end of the game.

I believe that his name was switched from Moore to Rashad before he was a Bill.

495460[/snapback]

According to the Bills' Media Guide, he's listed as "Ahmad Rashad", University of Oregon, 1974-75.

My dad, who is a Pac-10 fan (he grew up in Oregon and California), remembers him as Bobby Moore, and he was an All-American for the Original Mighty Ducks.

Mike