So, you guys ready for the Chiefs?

cmh6476

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so how bout now?  Now you guys ready? ;)

496574[/snapback]

Uh......sure! :doh:

In all honesty, I can't see the Bills stopping the Chiefs on the ground. I think PH and/or LJ will pound the ball at will.

Nice win today....always good to see the Raiders endure some heartbreak.

That Tripping call was pretty bad as Shields basically wrestled the defender to the ground Blatant Holding, however oakland desereved the loss with that horrible non coverage of Larry Johnson.

As Far as next week goes I'm always ready for a Bills game. We'll have a tough time trying to stop LJ or Priest or both. The game plan has to be give Mcgahee the ball. Control the clock, and keep the chiefs off the field, while managing to score points. We'll see. Good win for you guys today though and best of luck next week, but I hope you lose :doh:

I just hope we get some of our guys back.  Priest, Willie Roaf, Patrick Surtain, Dexter McCleon, Jerome Woods and Ryan Sims were all out today...

496588[/snapback]

Ya i'm definately ready, got my Coleman bbq, should be incredible, especially since i have 2nd row seats at the 30 :doh:

The Chiefs made a great call against their most hated rival and won. A+ for balls and sending a message to your own locker room.

Who are the Chiefs grooming to Replace Dick V. at Coach ? Looks like this may be his last year.

496651[/snapback]

Is Coach Vermeil packing it in?

Aside from being a great coach, he is one of the greatest men in sports.

Good Luck Coach V!!!

The Chiefs made a great call against their most hated rival and won. A+ for balls and sending a message to your own locker room.

496651[/snapback]

I disagree. At that point, they should have taken the safe points (FG) and put the game into overtime. Just because the play worked out well does not mean it was a good call.

I disagree. At that point, they should have taken the safe points (FG) and put the game into overtime. Just because the play worked out well does not mean it was a good call.

496705[/snapback]

I think it was a gutsy call. I think it was one of those, you're a hero if you make it, you're a goat if you don't type calls.

Isn't the old saying, on the road, go for the win, at home, go for the tie?

496705[/snapback]

It was a good call because the Chiefs have the personel required for a sucessful power running attack. The odds of them getting one yard in that situation were greater than the 50/50 chance of winning in OT.

It was a good call because the Chiefs have the personel required for a sucessful power running attack.  The odds of them getting one yard in that situation were greater than the 50/50 chance of winning in OT.

496754[/snapback]

The way they executed the last drive, it would have been a question of who won the toss in OT. So in a way you & smuvtalker are correct - that the overall odds are the same. But that 4th down was a sudden death play and I would rather have played sudden death OT ! There is no right or wrong in this argument so its all good.

Who are the Chiefs grooming to Replace Dick V. at Coach ? Looks like this may be his last year.

496651[/snapback]

There have been some rumors floating around that they have some interest in herm Edwards, but who knows really. Hell, Vermeil might even come back for all we know...

Going from Vermeil to Edwards would be like going from Pam Anderson to Rosie O'Donnell.

496809[/snapback]

:doh:

yeah, I dont know if I'd be all that thrille dwith that either. I think the chiefs front office want to keep LJ around for awhile, and I don't think LJ wants to play withe the Chiefs under Vermeil. He wants a coach that will make him the focal point of the offense, and I think the Chiefs are willing to find someone that is willing to do just that...

496651[/snapback]

That is why his players love him. Because he gives them a chance to win. Vermeil has a set of brass ones the size of bowling balls and players can see that, figuratively speaking, and respect the hell out of him.

I know we've got a real big game this week first against the hated Raiders, but next week's game against you guys is going to be huge as well!

Both our divisions really seem up in the air right now, and I think it's probably safe to say every team in both division's has a chance to either win the division title or possibly a wild card berth!

If you're looking for a chiefs site to hang out at in the meantime, the place to be is:

www.chiefsplanet.com

I remember the last time we played you guys!  I believe it may have been a Sunday Night if I remember correctly.  I know I was there, sitting up in the top around quite a few Bills fans.  They got awfully quiet around halftime ;)

But next week's game is huge, especially with Denver's lead.  If we can beat the Raider's, we'll be 5-3 with a 2-2 division record.  Not spectacular, but both Denver and SD now have to travel to our house.  If we lose this week against Oakland, we'll be 4-4 and fighting for our playoff lives!

The Chiefs really need to beat Oakland this week, then need to win 2 big games on the road after that (Buffalo and Houston).  If they can pull that off, they'll be 7-3 with a good shot at the playoffs.  From there it gets much tougher (NE, Den, @ Dal, @ NYG, SD, Cin).  So these next three games are critical.  And I'm sure next week's game probably means as much to the Bills as it will the Chiefs.

Good luck to you guys though, and once we get the Raiders out of the way I'll be back to chat a little more.

Peace. :doh:

493970[/snapback]

I went to the game in KC in 2000 with Rob Johnson starting for the Bills. They won that game on a RJ touchdown dive. That was the last time we beat them. I hope we're ready this week and bring our A game.