So, you guys ready for the Chiefs?

cmh6476

I know we've got a real big game this week first against the hated Raiders, but next week's game against you guys is going to be huge as well!

Both our divisions really seem up in the air right now, and I think it's probably safe to say every team in both division's has a chance to either win the division title or possibly a wild card berth!

If you're looking for a chiefs site to hang out at in the meantime, the place to be is:

www.chiefsplanet.com

I remember the last time we played you guys! I believe it may have been a Sunday Night if I remember correctly. I know I was there, sitting up in the top around quite a few Bills fans. They got awfully quiet around halftime <_<

But next week's game is huge, especially with Denver's lead. If we can beat the Raider's, we'll be 5-3 with a 2-2 division record. Not spectacular, but both Denver and SD now have to travel to our house. If we lose this week against Oakland, we'll be 4-4 and fighting for our playoff lives!

The Chiefs really need to beat Oakland this week, then need to win 2 big games on the road after that (Buffalo and Houston). If they can pull that off, they'll be 7-3 with a good shot at the playoffs. From there it gets much tougher (NE, Den, @ Dal, @ NYG, SD, Cin). So these next three games are critical. And I'm sure next week's game probably means as much to the Bills as it will the Chiefs.

Good luck to you guys though, and once we get the Raiders out of the way I'll be back to chat a little more.

Peace. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, we are to busy worshiping Tedy Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) to worry about football.

493972[/snapback]

yeah, I've been here 2 secs and I'm already tired of hearing about the guy :)

If you're only tired now, you must not have watched ESBN in the past week.

493980[/snapback]

I guess I watched it, I was just too depressed about the Chiefs loss that most of it probably didn't seek in!

After looking at the standings though, you guys are really in pretty good shape. Yeah, you're 0-3 against the NFC, but who cares? Your division record is pretty good at 2-1 and you're 3-2 in the AFC.

Also interesting is that you are winless on the road, and 3-1 at home. What's up with that?

And if the Pats lose this week to Indy, they'll have just as many losses as you guys do!

Its not our fault he's using his might godlike powers to force us into it.

493992[/snapback]

That, and after a loss you're always lookign forward to the next game to forget about that loss. Unfortunately, you guys get an extra week to think about it :lol:

I know we've got a real big game this week first against the hated Raiders, but next week's game against you guys is going to be huge as well!

493970[/snapback]

Thanks for dropping in!

Old KC watcher here - Garrett, Dawson, Arbanas, Holub, Robinson etc.

Sorry about Stram's demise - one of the greats...

I still think KC has a chance at their division, Denver I expect to come back to the pack a little, and SD has a penchant for 4th quater choke jobs this year. I still like your chances at the west. What's the deal with Holmes concussion? Does it open the door for Larry Johnson to start or will The Priest be back?

Ok so I don't think we have much of a chance to beat you guys. Many around here though thinnk that our only hope to get to the playoffs is to beat KC, since future games include Denver, Cinci, and the Panthers among other tough teams.

It is a home game so we do stand a small chance of winning.

I personally think JP Losman will make his return next sunday. That said, there is no way to predict how our offense will perform. He could be great or could be terrible. Our defense will do ok. Two years ago we played you and you just ran our good defense over. This year our defense is only ok, not good. On the upside your offense does not look so powerful anymore.

You'll still win.

Whatever happened to the Chiefs defense after that 1st game thumping of the Jets...

Maybe the Chiefs were driven into believing that they were a SB caliber defense

after the thrashing of the Jets in week 1 just like our defense was self-proclaiming

as the greatest defense after defeating the Houston Texans.....

Both teams kicked TWO BAD TEAMS and raised their hopes unnecessarily...

at least you guys have a winning record...

I guess I watched it, I was just too depressed about the Chiefs loss that most of it probably didn't seek in!

After looking at the standings though, you guys are really in pretty good shape.  Yeah, you're 0-3 against the NFC, but who cares?  Your division record is pretty good at 2-1 and you're 3-2 in the AFC.

Also interesting is that you are winless on the road, and 3-1 at home.  What's up with that?

And if the Pats lose this week to Indy, they'll have just as many losses as you guys do!

493994[/snapback]

If you were a Bills fan, you'd be a lot less sanguine. Sunday was the first time since week 12 last year we had a 200-yard passer. We've got a coaching staff that suffers from Mike Martz syndrome (trying to prove how clever they are rather than win football games - having a WR pitch-out to a RB for a halfback option pass, for Christ's sake!). Our top-5 rushing defense from last year is now ranked 30th or so. The best team they've beaten has a 3-4 record.

No, they're really not in THAT good shape...

The chiefs offense is still pretty formidble, but their defense eh. Like our defense the chiefs dline is rather weak with solid lb's.  The chiefs are a little weak in the secondary outside of pat surtain, so that's where I'd try to attack them, Although I don't know if that matters much with us, and that Lee Evans seems to be the invisible man this year.

I'm not really relishing the thought of facing Larry Johnson and Priest holmes against our swiss cheese run defense. It could be a loooooooooooong day if we don't control the time of posession. But I hope for a good game and a Bills win as always....

Whatever happened to the Chiefs defense after that 1st game thumping of the Jets...

Maybe the Chiefs were driven into believing that they were a SB caliber defense

after the thrashing of the Jets in week 1 just like our defense was self-proclaiming

as the greatest defense after defeating the Houston Texans.....

Both teams kicked TWO BAD TEAMS and raised their hopes unnecessarily...

at least you guys have a winning record...

494012[/snapback]

Yeah, they haven't exactly lived up to all the hype. We're getting beat through the air, but I firmly believe that has been a result of a lack of pass rush, as oppossed to personnell issues in the secondary. When our D-Line plays well we win, and when the D-Line plays sh------- we lose. It's really as simple as that.

Our run D is much improved. I credit that to having more talent and speed at LB this year. Kawika Mitchell is playing well in the middle, and Derrick Johnson and Kendrell Bell have shown flashes on the outside. We definitely have a lot more speed in the LBs than we did in years past.

Which really might not bode well for you guys. Teams have beat us this year through the air. If we can step up and slow down McGahee, I'm not sure a guy like Holcombe or Losman is capable of beating us, like guys like McNabb/ Plummer/ or Brees can!

I'm not sure about Priest. They said early on he'd be fine, but now there is some concern. We're not too concerned as fans though, just because we do have faith in LJ. You guys should be able to get a better feel this week though when we play the Raiders.

The chiefs offense is still pretty formidble, but their defense eh. Like our defense the chiefs dline is rather weak with solid lb's.  The chiefs are a little weak in the secondary outside of pat surtain, so that's where I'd try to attack them, Although I don't know if that matters much with us, and that Lee Evans seems to be the invisible man this year.

I'm not really relishing the thought of facing Larry Johnson and Priest holmes against our swiss cheese run defense. It could be a loooooooooooong day if we don't control the time of posession. But I hope for a good game and a Bills win as always....

494019[/snapback]

Like I said in the post before, I have faith in Surtain and Eric Warfield (who was suspended for the first 4 games remember, and then didn't dress in the 5th), and our safeties are pretty good as well (Sammy Knight, Greg Wesley, Jerome Woods).

I think you can say with confidence that our problem in the passing game has been getting pressure on the QB. When we pressure the QB we win, when we don't we have lost.

DEN played 5 of 8 at home so far, and are 1 and 2 on the road.

Next half of the season might show something different - dunno.

494022[/snapback]

Yeah, Denver's schedule gets a little tougher from here on out. You guys can really do us a favor on Dec. 17 :lol:

@ Oak

NYJ

@ Dal

@ KC

Bal

@ Buf

Oak

@ SD

Both our divisions really seem up in the air right now, and I think it's probably safe to say every team in both division's has a chance to either win the division title or possibly a wild card berth!

493970[/snapback]

Welcome.

I don't agree with what I highlighted of your post. Scroll down to my final post HERE for a brief explanation of the current AFC wild card climate. The Chiefs have a very tough schedule, so your team's only realistic chance is to win most of your remaining division games and hope that the Broncos do their annual second half slide.

This upcoming Bills game, as well as your Houston away game, are the only freebies for your Chiefs. If you guys run Holmes/Johnson for 70% of your plays, you will have the Bills game wrapped up by the early 3rd quarter. Don't worry about your pass defense. As you already mentioned, Holcomb can't challenge them. And if JP Losman ends up starting, even better for ya.

See you around. Peace.