OT - Buffalo Braves

Tarrytown

Just a quick note to the board...I just read that the LA Clippers will be wearing throwback Buffalo Braves jerseys this season....

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2005/1025/pho..._braves_195.jpg

It's kind of cool...too bad they are just as bad now as they were way back in 1970.

493391[/snapback]

Shouldn't the Celtics be wearing Braves throwbacks, too?

Just a quick note to the board...I just read that the LA Clippers will be wearing throwback Buffalo Braves jerseys this season....

It's kind of cool...too bad they are just as bad now as they were way back in 1970.

493391[/snapback]

The powder blues were SO much better

493391[/snapback]

Those look awesome. Better than 80% of the uniforms current teams wear.

The powder blues were SO much better

493432[/snapback]

Awesome! I can still hear Van Miller echoing: "That's twoooooooooooo for McAdoooooooooooooo!!". (Sigh) I swore off of the NBA after that bastard John Y. Brown moved the team from Buffalo. They've been soooooooo much more successful in San Diego and now LA, haven't they?! :)<_<

How the hell can they let the LOS ANGELES Clippers wear a jersey that says "Buffalo" on it. That is just pure crap.

493490[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, that's like letting Baltimore  use the brown and orange for their throwbacks.    Why thow salt in the wound and irritate Buffalo like that? 

Classless.

493548[/snapback]

What very odd responses ... Unlike Buffalo, Cleveland STILL has an NFL Team who happens to have the rights to the name, colors, and history.

Buffalo no longer has an NBA Team.

It's not a big deal KnightRider & Kasper 13, in fact it's become more and more common these days.

There's no reason to just shovel away the past like it never existed ...

The LA Dodgers have worn throwback uniforms this past season that have the 'B' on the cap, and 'Brooklyn' on their uniform.

The LA Lakers have worn throwback uniforms pre-1960 that say 'MPLS' which is what the jersey was for the old Minneapolis Lakers.

The Atlanta Braves have worn their throwback uniforms that say 'Boston' on them when playing interleague games vs the Red Sox

Also the Philadelphis 76ers, and Sacramento Kings have worn throwback uniforms from the cities of their origins ...

It's no big deal .. the BRAVES are long gone ... least now they won't be easily forgotten, it's a great idea in my opinion ...

As a kid I used to attend Braves games, and was a big fan of the club and I don't feel like there's salt being rubbed into the wound,

and I'm not irritated in the least. This was the first I've heard about the Clippers wearing these throwbacks and I love the idea of it ....

:)

Awesome! I can still hear Van Miller echoing: "That's twoooooooooooo for McAdoooooooooooooo!!". (Sigh) I swore off of the NBA after that bastard John Y. Brown moved the team from Buffalo. They've been soooooooo much more successful in San Diego and now LA, haven't they?!  :)  <_<

493513[/snapback]

IIRC, Brown traded McAdoo to the Knicks for John Gianelli, sold Moses Malone to the Hou. Rockets for a hundred grand, dumped Adrian Dantley, dumped Gar Heard - I think he dumped Jim McMillan, Marvin Barnes, and Jack Marin - not sure. I think the replacement for all that was Billy Knight. Dunno.

The only solace was that he married Phyllis George. :lol:

That is correct - the Braves franchise was swapped for the Celtics and then the former Celtics became the Clippers.

493618[/snapback]

You could look at it that way, but the reality is that the Celtics organization always remained the Celtics. The only thing that changed for the Celtics during the great Buffalo switcheroo was their owner.

Same goes for the Buffalo Braves/SD/LA Clippers.

Whatever. Why am I even talking about the NBA? :) The NBA = RJ!!!!

You could look at it that way, but the reality is that the Celtics organization always remained the Celtics. The only thing that changed for the Celtics during the great Buffalo switcheroo was their owner.

Same goes for the Buffalo Braves/SD/LA Clippers.

Whatever. Why am I even talking about the NBA? :) The NBA = RJ!!!!

493765[/snapback]

You could look at it that way. <_<

I'd like to see the detailed legal paperwork.

How the hell can they let the LOS ANGELES Clippers wear a jersey that says "Buffalo" on it. That is just pure crap.

493490[/snapback]

It just one of the beginning steps in the plan to move the Bills to LA...

The Braves still periodically come up in this forum. It goes to show that fans do not forgive and forget especially when it come to franchise shifts and hijacks, as in the case of the Braves. I am bitter and will remain so about what happened to the Buffalo Braves. The NBA lost me forever.

Let the Clippers wear the jerseys. Maybe someone, somewhere, will learn a little history about who loses in franchise shifts. (Pay attention New Orleans Saints fans).

As for the link, the Braves jersey featured is # 42. Who was #42? Bueller? Anybody?

I was in Montreal this summer and I saw one kid wearing a Braves jersey and later I saw another one wearing a Pistons jersey with McAdoo on the back.

For those who wish to have a little more information as to what happened to the Buffalo Braves check out this link (notice how badly things started to go about 1975-76):

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/buffalo/bufbraves.html

The Braves still periodically come up in this forum.  It goes to show that fans do not forgive and forget especially when it come to franchise shifts and hijacks, as in the case of the Braves.  I am bitter and will remain so about what happened to the Buffalo Braves.  The NBA lost me forever.

Let the Clippers wear the jerseys.  Maybe someone, somewhere, will learn a little history about who loses in franchise shifts.  (Pay attention New Orleans Saints fans).

As for the link, the Braves jersey featured is # 42. Who was #42?  Bueller? Anybody?

I was in Montreal this summer and I saw one kid wearing a Braves jersey and later I saw another one wearing a Pistons jersey with McAdoo on the back.

For those who wish to have a little more information as to what happened to the Buffalo Braves check out this link (notice how badly things started to go about 1975-76):

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nba/buffalo/bufbraves.html

494504[/snapback]

#42 is Elton Brand