Strange Penalty Call: Comitting an "unatural act"

The Dean

Did anyone else here that? That rivals the old "Giving him the business" call.

I was doing something (making drinks, I think) and I heard the ref say "commited an unatural act"...I immediately looked up and said , "What?"

I thought making he was screwing a dog out there, or something.

Can't say on a family board, but it involved two girl scouts, a German Shepherd, saran warp, and a quart of vegetable oil.

:(  That was a weird call...

492330[/snapback]

Is that sig your own, or did you get it somewhere? Classic stuff. I love it.

Is that sig your own, or did you get it somewhere? Classic stuff. I love it.

492336[/snapback]

Mine. Pretty much sums up what I was shouting at the TV last night. "Stop getting cute, you idiot! Stop passing! Run the ball! Don't dance with them! Kick 'em in the nuts while they're down!" I mean, Christ...five and a half minutes left, you've just ripped off four straight runs for 15 yards and a first down, it's second and six, so what do you call?

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

And you turn it over on downs on a two-yard out on 4th and 8. :(NO, YOU !@#$ING CLOWN OF A COACH! RUN THE BALL!!!!!

the defensive line tried to act as if they were jumping across the line, in order to get one of our O-Lineman to move, thus causing a false start. they made this illegal a few years ago. though i have never heard it refered to "unnatural acts".

Mine.  Pretty much sums up what I was shouting at the TV last night.  "Stop getting cute, you idiot!  Stop passing!  Run the ball!  Don't dance with them!  Kick 'em in the nuts while they're down!"  I mean, Christ...five and a half minutes left, you've just ripped off four straight runs for 15 yards and a first down, it's second and six, so what do you call?

Pass

Pass

Pass

Pass

And you turn it over on downs on a two-yard out on 4th and 8.  :(  NO, YOU !@#$ING CLOWN OF A COACH!  RUN THE BALL!!!!!

492347[/snapback]

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more demoralizing to a team than to have another team run the ball play after play, right up your gut, and you can't do a damn thing to stop them. That's where we were last night. Right up until those four passes. It's killing me.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more demoralizing to a team than to have another team run the ball play after play, right up your gut, and you can't do a damn thing to stop them. That's where we were last night. Right up until those four passes. It's killing me.

492382[/snapback]

My buddy called me (drunk) at halftime from LA. He asked, "Dean, do we keep running in the second half, or is it time to put the ball up?" My response (surprise) was, "We keep running. The runs that didn't give us much in the first half will yeild yardage as the day goes on. Trust me, we're in the lead and need to RUN!"

Well, when we ran, I was right. Then the passes started...ugh.

the defensive line tried to act as if they were jumping across the line, in order to get one of our O-Lineman to move, thus causing a false start.  they made this illegal a few years ago. though i have never heard it refered to "unnatural acts".

492380[/snapback]

That's because they didn't jump across the line, per se. Didn't even fake jumping. It was apparently some sort of vague, nondescript flinch that, while not being a false start, was penalized as a false start nonetheless, on the grounds that the vague, nondescript flinch was an "unnatural" motion.

492382[/snapback]

Agreed. As I keep saying, there comes a point, in a close game, when you have to seal it by kicking the opponent in the teeth. This TEAM does not have the fortitude to do that.

New England, on the other hand, does. New England also has three Superbowl rings. I do not think that is a coincidence.

That's because they didn't jump across the line, per se.  Didn't even fake jumping.  It was apparently some sort of vague, nondescript flinch that, while not being a false start, was penalized as a false start nonetheless, on the grounds that the vague, nondescript flinch was an "unnatural" motion.

492508[/snapback]

Maybe one of the Pats linemen farted and crapped his pants in an effort to draw us offsides.