Thoughts on the game

nodnarb

First, I have to say that this was the best performance in a loss that I've seen the Bills play in a long time. They had a good game plan and executed it well, keeping Brady off the field and using Willis to control the game and break their will. I believe we did that effectively for about 3 quarters.

Mixed in with the overall smart playcalling were about 4 or 5 unfathomably stupid "cute" calls. The worst, IMO, was that 3rd and 2 call at their 40.

POUND WILLIS.

But they come out in shotgun with Shaud Williams.

Even when we were up two scores, I knew it was just a matter of time before they made a key play that would change the game. Up till that point, Mike Gandy had played a helluva game. But Colvin got through and the game changed on a dime.

That play broke the Bills. And you had to see it coming.

The announcers were unforgivably horrid. Like I predicted, McGuire said "You talk about..." more times than I could count. Why they pay him is beyond me.

But everyone on the Patriots roster has empty balls, cuz those announcers fellated them all repeatedly throughout the game. It was disgusting to listen to.

Why Mularkey challenged that first pass is beyond me. There isn't a soul on the planet other than him and maybe a few other Bills coaches who saw that for what it was - a clear and easy catch.

The second challenge should have been overturned.

But the refs gave the Pats a gift with that curiously timed and marginal at best offensive pass interference call on Moulds.

I through my cup across the room when I saw it. The Bills came into as tough a situation as you'll find in the NFL and outplayed them up to that point, and that's the reward they got. Thanks for playing, Bills.

When I first noticed that we were starting an undrafted free agent tight end at right tackle, I figured the Pats would have about 13 sacks today. The kid impressed me.

Moulds has a lotta game. Lee Evans was a royal goat in this game. That kid needs to pick up his game and watch his blocking technique. Reed dropping that key 3rd and 2 I mentioned earlier gives him a couple horns and cloved hooves, too.

I know that we have tight ends, but I'm not sure where they are.

Why Parrish let that ball bounce is beyond me. In that situation, you don't put your last shot at scoring in the hands of physics. You just don't. Catch it, run.

Boy, what an opportunity lost. But I went into the game expecting a world of hurt and ugly, so I'm not feeling as badly as I did after the Saints or Raiders games.

If the team that played today had played any of our other games, this would have been our first loss.

Once again, the Pats do what the Pats always seem to do: They make ONE play at the right moment to flip the game and win.

We did NOT get outcoached. This was relieving for me. I have new confidence in these coaches, despite the fact that we lost. If Gandy maintains that block, it's probably a different game.

We did NOT get outmuscled.

We did NOT get outplayed at any point.

We just lost the game.

Disappointed, but not pissed.

Oh, and Kelly? Uh, that was a weak decision to throw to Moulds for a 3 yard gain when you need 7 or lose. W T F?

First, I have to say that this was the best performance in a loss that I've seen the Bills play in a long time. They had a good game plan and executed it well, keeping Brady off the field and using Willis to control the game and break their will. I believe we did that effectively for about 3 quarters.

Mixed in with the overall smart playcalling were about 4 or 5 unfathomably stupid "cute" calls. The worst, IMO, was that 3rd and 2 call at their 40.

POUND WILLIS.

Even when we were up two scores, I knew it was just a matter of time before they made a key play that would change the game. Up till that point, Mike Gandy had played a helluva game. But Colvin got through and the game changed on a dime.

The announcers were unforgivably horrid. Like I predicted, McGuire said "You talk about..." more times than I could count. Why they pay him is beyond me.

But everyone on the Patriots roster has empty balls, cuz those announcers fellated them all repeatedly throughout the game. It was disgusting to listen to.

Why Mularkey challenged that first pass is beyond me. There isn't a soul on the planet other than him and maybe a few other Bills coaches who saw that for what it was - a clear and easy catch.

But the refs gave the Pats a gift with that curiously timed and marginal at best offensive pass interference call on Moulds.

I through my cup across the room when I saw it. The Bills came into as tough a situation as you'll find in the NFL and outplayed them up to that point, and that's the reward they got. Thanks for playing, Bills.

When I first noticed that we were starting an undrafted free agent tight end at right tackle, I figured the Pats would have about 13 sacks today. The kid impressed me.

Moulds has a lotta game. Lee Evans was a royal goat in this game. That kid needs to pick up his game and watch his blocking technique. Reed dropping that key 3rd and 2 I mentioned earlier gives him a couple horns and cloved hooves, too.

Why Parrish let that ball bounce is beyond me. In that situation, you don't put your last shot at scoring in the hands of physics. You just don't. Catch it, run.

Boy, what an opportunity lost. But I went into the game expecting a world of hurt and ugly, so I'm not feeling as badly as I did after the Saints or Raiders games.

If the team that played today had played any of our other games, this would have been our first loss.

Once again, the Pats do what the Pats always seem to do: They make ONE play at the right moment to flip the game and win.

We did NOT get outcoached. This was relieving for me. I have new confidence in these coaches, despite the fact that we lost. If Gandy maintains that block, it's probably a different game.

We just lost the game.

491043[/snapback]

why should the second one been overturned....i did not see it hit grass at any time

i thought the announcers might have had some different angle they were so sure

POUND WILLIS.

We just lost the game.

491043[/snapback]

The Bills DID get OUTCOACHED in the 4th quarter by a large margin.

However, it was only with the game on the line so no big deal. Right?

POUND WILLIS.

We just lost the game.

491043[/snapback]

It's kinda hard to be optimistic at this exact point in time, but you do have some good points.

Okay that's enough of my optimism for the night...back to being pissed off, nauseus, and ready to personally disembowel Kelly Holcomb...

Oh, and Kelly? Uh, that was a weak decision to throw to Moulds for a 3 yard gain when you need 7 or lose. W T F?

Brandon

I agree with your sentiments exactly. I could not belive my eyes when I saw him throw that pass. Do you think it's time to put JP back in ?