O.J. Simpson: House Hunting

Tolstoy

Folks,

It strikes me that with OJ's appearance at two recent Bills games, and now his reported effort to find a house in the area, that he feels drawn to the Bills and the Buffalo community. Why? Well, could it be perhaps that he has become a pariah, a social outcast across the nation, and he is looking for some love from the Buffalo community? He returns to Buffalo as the Biblical prodigal son returned home to his father after years of debauchery: both are trying to find security, acceptance, and perhaps forgiveness from those who once cared about them.

Here is the question: what should the Buffalo community, and Bills fans, do? Do we continue to shun him on the basis of what most of us suspect he did? Or, do we recognize that whatever he did, it is in God's hands now, and all we can do is grant him the dignity that we ought to accord to all human beings? Thus, should we discourage him from returning to the area, or quietly accept it? Do you say "hello" to him in the grocery store, or ignore him? Do you invite him to the block party, or leave his house off the invitation list?

I think I have my own answer to this, but I am not sure if I am right. What do you think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks,

It strikes me that with OJ's appearance at two recent Bills games, and now his reported effort to find a house in the area, that he feels drawn to the Bills and the Buffalo community.  Why?  Well, could it be perhaps that he has become a pariah, a social outcast across the nation, and he is looking for some love from the Buffalo community?  He returns to Buffalo as the Biblical prodigal son returned home to his father after years of debauchery: both are trying to find security, acceptance, and perhaps forgiveness from those who once cared about them. 

Here is the question:  what should the Buffalo community, and Bills fans, do?  Do we continue to shun him on the basis of what most of us suspect he did?  Or, do we recognize that whatever he did, it is in God's hands now, and all we can do is grant him the dignity that we ought to accord to all human beings?  Thus, should we discourage him from returning to the area, or quietly accept it?  Do you say "hello" to him in the grocery store, or ignore him?  Do you invite him to the block party, or leave his house off the invitation list?

I think I have my own answer to this, but I am not sure if I am right.  What do you think?

488462[/snapback]

i drop everything at the sight of him and start running :mellow:

He treated his boy toy Kato well.  Just don't get on his bad side.

488474[/snapback]

Kato, the resident drug dealer.

Rumor has it that the real killer has moved into the lockport area and O.J. is just looking to be closer to the action so that he can finally make an arrest!!

This is America, where we seem to grant absolution to the famous people who ask for it. Some people even today treat people like Al Capone and Bonnie and Clyde as heroes. People who allegedly killed far more than O.J. was accused of.

Part of the problem I have is that O.J. never seemed to be real happy that he was stuck playing most of his career in Buffalo.

Case in point: when he was doing "Monday Night Football" in the 80s for ABC, he stayed at the Hilton and requested "a room without a view".

I don't think O.J.'s trying to "suck up" to Bills fans, but WNY is the only place on earth, it seems, where he's still remembered as a football player and not the pariah he has become. Maybe that's why he's spent time there recently. This could be weighing heavily on his psyche...it's been over 11 years.

By the way, my personal feelings, to quote Cedric the Entertainer in the movie "Barbershop": "O.J. did it!"

Mike

Folks,

It strikes me that with OJ's appearance at two recent Bills games, and now his reported effort to find a house in the area, that he feels drawn to the Bills and the Buffalo community.  Why?  Well, could it be perhaps that he has become a pariah, a social outcast across the nation, and he is looking for some love from the Buffalo community?  He returns to Buffalo as the Biblical prodigal son returned home to his father after years of debauchery: both are trying to find security, acceptance, and perhaps forgiveness from those who once cared about them. 

Here is the question:  what should the Buffalo community, and Bills fans, do?  Do we continue to shun him on the basis of what most of us suspect he did?  Or, do we recognize that whatever he did, it is in God's hands now, and all we can do is grant him the dignity that we ought to accord to all human beings?  Thus, should we discourage him from returning to the area, or quietly accept it?  Do you say "hello" to him in the grocery store, or ignore him?  Do you invite him to the block party, or leave his house off the invitation list?

I think I have my own answer to this, but I am not sure if I am right.  What do you think?

488462[/snapback]

This is the first I've heard of O.J. looking for a house in the Buffalo area.

Where did you hear this?

Mike

house hunting is a little more acceptable than wife and friend hunting, at least the house doesn't have feelings.....thank you, i am here all week...try the veal and remember to tip your waiter

Folks,

488462[/snapback]