• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You left out the 47 "You know what I mean"  :P

487937[/snapback]

Probably becasue I didn't understand what he was saying... :P

Isn't McGahee a running joke on Rome?  I can't believe he went on again...

487938[/snapback]

No - Rome earnestly said "good interview" multiple times - think he mostly respects Willis and the backstory of coming back from the injury more than the actual substance of the interviews themselves...

Will leave the Rome sucks rants for the other thread  :lol:

Between the streaming audio and Willis' speech pattern - a lot of it was unitelligble to me - but this is what I ascertained.  Personally I don't think Willis is a very good interview (malaprops and speech notwithstanding...):

- Patriots this weekend - Holcombe said only guys in locker room believes in them (Bills)

<unitelliglbe>

- Patriots are down - but still champions - what kind of statement this weekend

They are a championship team - they not going to take it light on us

- Raiders punching in last TD - disrespect?

No doubt - beat us when we were down - slap in the face - put "egg on our hands"  :P

- Last game staying w/ you - impact self-esteem - don't have time in this league

We lost that game - got a conference division game coming up

<unitelligble>

- Best back comment - "case closed"

I'm not going to say no one else is.  Lot of good backs but I think i'm the best - that's how you have to think

- Injury

Who i am because of it - everything happens for a reason <unitelligible>

- Can you do everything now you could before injury

I can do everything - i'm back

- How it affects confidence if can get through that (injury)

You go thru something like that - feel like you can't be stopped

- How long till 100%

Last year at the end of the season - wasn't 100% last year.  This year can do everything - feel comfortable

- Draft day - understand why they passed / hold grudge?

Both sides - understand why, but on other hand they didn't have faith in me so I have something to prove

- Draft day slights, injury - how it affects you

Feel would be cockier if i didn't get hurt  :P  - had to work - stay humble  :doh:

Nervous when first came - but once took a couple hits realized it was football - like college

- JP

No doubt he's got what it takes - he was rushing through - "had too much on his table" needed to calm down - Kelly came in and settled us down - have confidence in him - teammates helping him out

487926[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Willis handled it well, with class.

Between the streaming audio and Willis' speech pattern - a lot of it was unitelligble to me - but this is what I ascertained.  Personally I don't think Willis is a very good interview (malaprops and speech notwithstanding...):

- Patriots this weekend - Holcombe said only guys in locker room believes in them (Bills)

<unitelliglbe>

No doubt - beat us when we were down - slap in the face - put "egg on our hands"  :P

- Last game staying w/ you - impact self-esteem - don't have time in this league

<unitelligble>

I'm not going to say no one else is.  Lot of good backs but I think i'm the best - that's how you have to think

- Injury

- How long till 100%

Last year at the end of the season - wasn't 100% last year.  This year can do everything - feel comfortable

Both sides - understand why, but on other hand they didn't have faith in me so I have something to prove

Feel would be cockier if i didn't get hurt  :P  - had to work - stay humble  :doh:

Nervous when first came - but once took a couple hits realized it was football - like college

- JP

No doubt he's got what it takes - he was rushing through - "had too much on his table" needed to calm down - Kelly came in and settled us down - have confidence in him - teammates helping him out

487926[/snapback]

Absolutely classic

wasn't jim rome the guy that got beat up on TV by some football player?

488004[/snapback]

Got pushed over in his chair by former Rams QB Jim Everett when he kept calling him " Chris Everett " for lacking guts.

I heard that interview today while driving. OMG. Willis should be seen and NEVER heard.

<unitelliglbe>

<unitelligble>

- Injury

- How long till 100%

- JP

487926[/snapback]

I was reminded of Jodi Foster in the movie "Nell".

"....chickapee....chick...chick...chick-ahh-paheeeee..."