Letchworth State Park

stevestojan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is...too bad Steve missed their big "Apple Umpkin Festival" by a month. :doh:

487976[/snapback]

Thanks for those memories. I use to sell crafts at that show years ago. I can remember a bad year of rain and you had to hand carry all your boxes out of the field where we were set up. I can tell you I had mud on my pants in places that should NEVER get muddy :P:P And I never left my feet. Almost lost a sneaker but never fell.

As Rockpile said, on 19A...If you want to go all the way down to the south end.  Though Rock's (and yours, as long as you include 19A in the directions :doh: or else they'll end up in Pike) directions are kinda scenic too...get to go through Wyoming (grab a bite at the Cannonball Pub, owned by one of the original "Cannonball Runners."), Warsaw (could catch 20A East from Warsaw as well).

All roads lead to Letchworth. :P

487960[/snapback]

KINDA SCENIC?!

Garbage Plates kinda taste good too. :P

Yes, I googled this. And the best I got so far was "Entrances are located at Mount Morris, Perry, Castile, Portageville, and the Parade Grounds from Rte. 436"... That means absolutely nothing to me..

Can anyone give me directions? Please know that I know nothing about the Rochester area, so using landmarks or Route #'s outside of Buffalo won't help. If you could start me at the 90-east, that would probably be the best :P Thanks in advance!

487771[/snapback]

Why are you interested in Letchworth? The beauty of nature seems well outside of your character as I understand it...

Sorry, I travel down that way a lot so I guess I'm jaded. :P

488037[/snapback]

My feelings too. I grew up down there and inbetween Letchworth and Stony Brook I'm kind of jaded by it. I'm starting to appreciate the beauty again though since I've been living in a area with zero character.

My feelings too. I grew up down there and inbetween Letchworth and Stony Brook I'm kind of jaded by it. I'm starting to appreciate the beauty again though since I've been living in a area with zero character.

488055[/snapback]

I used to spend summers at Silver Lake. It was about a 4 mile ride by bike to the Perry entrance. I worked there one summer and have backpacked a lot of it. At one time we had a permanent camp set up there, off the beaten path. As a kid, my summers were adventurous, like the movie Stand By Me, without looking for dead bodies. :P

Stony Brook is nice too. A smaller version of Letchworth. I liked it better when they had two swimming areas.

I will be out to the country this weekend. Tomorrow I will be in Dale; Sunday I will be in Perry for a bit and then a stop in Springwater.

The beauty of nature seems well outside of your character as I understand it...

488039[/snapback]

It is... I hate nature. Never found the infatuation with looking at leaves changing colors. If I want to see rainbow colored s--t I could feed my dog a box of crayons. I'm pissed that I'm gonna be using this much gas to drive there. I'd rather go out to dinner at a nice mexican place, drink some margaritas and have some fun. But the girl enjoys "nature" and crap like that.

It is...  I hate nature. Never found the infatuation with looking at leaves changing colors. If I want to see rainbow colored s--t I could feed my dog a box of crayons. I'm pissed that I'm gonna be using this much gas to drive there. I'd rather go out to dinner at a nice mexican place, drink some margaritas and have some fun. But the girl enjoys "nature" and crap like that.

488116[/snapback]

Letchworth has a good restaurant that serves alcohol, ya heathen.