Possible LA relocation (Bills mention)

The NFL is great BECAUSE of places like Buffalo, not in spite of it.

486537[/snapback]

Damned right! Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, Green Bay. THAT'S the NFL.

I would love to see the new ownership offer the public a stake in the team. Although...given what's on this board, the annual meeting would be a mess! :)

the bills sell out when the team looks like they have a chance. When things are bad there are lots of empty seats.

I can't imagine we get anywhere near a 60-70 share on tv.

486634[/snapback]

The Dolphins don't even sell out playoff games! I watched the Fri night game with KC on ch 11 WINK TV from Ft Myers Fla, it didn't look like they had more than 10,000 people there.

The Dolphins don't even sell out playoff games! I watched the Fri night game with KC on ch 11 WINK TV from Ft Myers Fla, it didn't look like they had more than 10,000 people there.

486743[/snapback]

Maybe it had something to do with the threat of a hurricane and most of Miami was leaving on friday night...

Damned right!  Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, Green Bay.  THAT'S the NFL.

I would love to see the new ownership offer the public a stake in the team.  Although...given what's on this board, the annual meeting would be a mess!  :)

486541[/snapback]

NFL by laws now prohibit team ownership by a public group - ala Green Bay.

I say, let them move the Packers. Their green and yellow color scheme would fit in much better in Souther Cal than the modern Red, White, and Blue, and lighter Blue, and darker Blue, and even darker Blue, and dark-dark Blue, and Blue that's-so-dark-it-looks-like-Black, color scheme that The Bills now have. Yeah. Make the Packers switch cities before we change our unis.

Bottom line is this: if the Saints can move out of New Orleans.....with all the public sentiment against it..and it being horrible publicity for Bensen to take a team away from a city that has undergone such hardship and pain while the NFL sits back and does nothing.... then moving the Bills out of Buffalo would be a piece of cake. No one around the country is going to bat an eyelash over the Bills bolting for LA if it ever happens. The only thing we have going for us are some high profile Buffalo backers like Tim Russert and Jack Kemp. These guys would raise a stink and the fans of Buffalo would go berserk enough to get some national publicity. Right now, the power brokers in Erie County and NYS need to have a contingency plan for when this issue comes up because it will come up within the next few years.

It's a joke that places like Oakland can get 40,000 for games and Jacksonville has to rope off huge chunks of their upper deck and still can't sell out. Can you imagine Buffalo roping off the upper decks of Rich Stadium back in the 70's and 80's? What a joke man. The 2nd smallest city in the NFL has had some of the best attendance ever in the league even in the dark times.

Link

Not worried about it... just keep Ralph going and we'll be fine.  Also, there is more money in WNY than most folks realize.  One last thought - Warren Buffet - why not?  He owns the Buffalo News... Geico... and so forth.

Did find it interesting that they would mention the 49ers tho... that would seem odd.

I say the best team to move would be San Diego.  Move them 60 miles north - half way to LA - and call em the San Diego Chargers at LA.

Other than that - a market that sells out its home as often as the BILLS - deserves its franchise.  And folks forget - the BILLS market ranges from Toronto to Albany.  Pretty damn large.

486349[/snapback]

I really dont see the Chargers moving. A new stadium will be built for the Chargers depite all of the negative news. IMHO.

Link

Also, there is more money in WNY than most folks realize. 

Like who? If there are more than two individuals who could swing the transaction I'd like to know who they are.

If there are no qualifying local bids, there is nothing to stop the moving of the franchise by an outsider. If a bidding war ensues between cities, WNY will lose.

Like who?  If there are more than two individuals who could swing the transaction I'd like to know who they are.

If there are no qualifying local bids, there is nothing to stop the moving of the franchise by an outsider.  If a bidding war ensues between cities, WNY will lose.

486816[/snapback]

Like who? Exactly. It's exactly the way people work in Buffalo. There is a ton of money. Most don't know about it. Just a few.

Actually, its my understanding that the Chargers are the most likely team to move (well, other than the Saints, but I don't think they're going to LA).

486530[/snapback]

The Chargers screwed all that up by actually putting together a decent team. The San Diego bandwagon is in full swing now, and that team isn't going anywhere.

Like who?  Exactly.  It's exactly the way people work in Buffalo.  There is a ton of money.  Most don't know about it.  Just a few.

486943[/snapback]

Yep. Old steel, grain, power, and railroad money is still there. But that old money perpetuates - it's not likely to invest in sports ventures

Anyone else every hear about the rumor that M&T Bank gave Ralph's daughter a HUGE loan a few years ago. When Ralph passes and she takes control of the team, I believe that she has to sign the team over to M&T Bank or she'll have to repay the loan plus interest and penalties built into the deal.

486406[/snapback]

This would be a HUUUUUUUUGE plus, if true. I'm bumping your question to see if more people will respond to it...

Maybe it had something to do with the threat of a hurricane and most of Miami was leaving on friday night...

486777[/snapback]

The hurricane was projected to hit the Keys & west coast of Fla where I live. At gametime it was not supposed to hit untill Sunday. I think many were preparing for it on Friday, trust me many were not. By game time Friday night those preparing had probably stopped for the night and were ready to relax. I doubt many people left the Miami area on Friday night