Possible LA relocation (Bills mention)

I don't know if this was posted or not, but there was an article in the LA Times regarding the Saints situation. The quote was a little unnerving, but here it is:

Amid renewed uncertainties over the future of the New Orleans Saints, NFL and Los Angeles-area officials on Monday sought to downplay the possibility the franchise might relocate to Southern California. The San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars and Minnesota Vikings are among possible candidates for a move to the Los Angeles area.

-- Los Angeles Times

Nothing to substantiate this, but still it didn't make me feel so good.

Link

Not worried about it... just keep Ralph going and we'll be fine. Also, there is more money in WNY than most folks realize. One last thought - Warren Buffet - why not? He owns the Buffalo News... Geico... and so forth.

Did find it interesting that they would mention the 49ers tho... that would seem odd.

I say the best team to move would be San Diego. Move them 60 miles north - half way to LA - and call em the San Diego Chargers at LA.

Other than that - a market that sells out its home as often as the BILLS - deserves its franchise. And folks forget - the BILLS market ranges from Toronto to Albany. Pretty damn large.

I don't know if this was posted or not, but there was an article in the LA Times regarding the Saints situation.  The quote was a little unnerving, but here it is:

Amid renewed uncertainties over the future of the New Orleans Saints, NFL and Los Angeles-area officials on Monday sought to downplay the possibility the franchise might relocate to Southern California. The San Diego Chargers, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars and Minnesota Vikings are among possible candidates for a move to the Los Angeles area.

-- Los Angeles Times

486160[/snapback]

Didn’t Jacksonville sign a 30 year lease when they were awarded a franchise?

I don't know if this was posted or not, but there was an article in the LA Times regarding the Saints situation.  The quote was a little unnerving, but here it is:

-- Los Angeles Times

486160[/snapback]

The only teams on that list in serious danger of moving are the Saints and the Vikes. Pay it no never-mind.

If every club mentioned through the years about a possible move to LA did so, they would have to build 15 staduims.

486363[/snapback]

Truly. Some half-wit writer mentions Buffalo and suddenly we're all billsfanon... er doomed.

Link

Not worried about it... just keep Ralph going and we'll be fine.  Also, there is more money in WNY than most folks realize.  One last thought - Warren Buffet - why not?  He owns the Buffalo News... Geico... and so forth.

Did find it interesting that they would mention the 49ers tho... that would seem odd.

I say the best team to move would be San Diego.  Move them 60 miles north - half way to LA - and call em the San Diego Chargers at LA.

Other than that - a market that sells out its home as often as the BILLS - deserves its franchise.  And folks forget - the BILLS market ranges from Toronto to Albany.  Pretty damn large.

486349[/snapback]

Yes, Rochester and Syracuse offer approx another 3/4 million people.

Anyone else every hear about the rumor that M&T Bank gave Ralph's daughter a HUGE loan a few years ago. When Ralph passes and she takes control of the team, I believe that she has to sign the team over to M&T Bank or she'll have to repay the loan plus interest and penalties built into the deal.

Anyone else every hear about the rumor that M&T Bank gave Ralph's daughter a HUGE loan a few years ago. When Ralph passes and she takes control of the team, I believe that she has to sign the team over to M&T Bank or she'll have to repay the loan plus interest and penalties built into the deal.

486406[/snapback]

Interesting. Which daughter?

The only teams on that list in serious danger of moving are the Saints and the Vikes.  Pay it no never-mind.

486361[/snapback]

Actually, its my understanding that the Chargers are the most likely team to move (well, other than the Saints, but I don't think they're going to LA).

Actually, its my understanding that the Chargers are the most likely team to move (well, other than the Saints, but I don't think they're going to LA).

486530[/snapback]

I, too, have heard that...but, I'm not buying.

Link

Not worried about it... just keep Ralph going and we'll be fine.  Also, there is more money in WNY than most folks realize.  One last thought - Warren Buffet - why not?  He owns the Buffalo News... Geico... and so forth.

I say the best team to move would be San Diego.  Move them 60 miles north - half way to LA - and call em the San Diego Chargers at LA.

Other than that - a market that sells out its home as often as the BILLS - deserves its franchise.  And folks forget - the BILLS market ranges from Toronto to Albany.  Pretty damn large.

486349[/snapback]

Yeah but Cleveland used to sell out all the time as well. Problem is if Bills leave Buffalo, NFL football in WNY is dead forever

It's such BS. Why? Because we don't have $3,000 PSL's and 3,500 luxury suites? The NFL can stick it if they try and move the Bills. We sell out every game. The local TV ratings are astronomical (60 to 70+ ratings share and that doesn't count all the people at the games, watching in bars or at Bills parties) Bills are in the Top 5 easy when it comes to fan base and all the craziness that comes with it. They want to stick a team in LA that LA doesn't want because it's a big TV market? That's stupid. Nobody in LA gives a crap about the NFL and wouldn't go or watch on TV anyways. I would never, ever watch a NFL game again if they took away the Bills. I am sick and frickin tired every time some asswad newspaper columnist writes about LA getting a team that they don't deserve and it's always the Bills that are mentioned. Buffalo's a small market? My ass it's a small market. The NFL is great BECAUSE of places like Buffalo, not in spite of it.