This world and our nation have begun to depress me

If you live in the United States of America, you live in the Greatest place on the face of the earth. There is no place I would rather be.

But as I was surfing a few news sites this evening, I couldn't help but be saddened and actually a little depressed by everything I see and hear in the news.

Everyone pointing fingers of blame over everything that is wrong. Some are valid accusations, some are lies layered on top of lies. The right hates the left...the left hates the right. People say whatever they want knowing full well that there isn't an ounce of truth to what they are saying. Most people are repeating lies without checking facts. The blind are leading the blind. It is like a wild fire completely out of control.

How can Americans take back the nation from the politicians and the media?....and i don't just mean the liberel media....but the conservative meadia as well....not just liberal politicians but conservatives as well.....they ALL LIE. Doesn't anyone have an ounce of integrity anymore?

Pass the Kool-Aid.

If you live in the United States of America, you live in the Greatest place on the face of the earth.  There is no place I would rather be.

But as I was surfing a few news sites this evening, I couldn't help but be saddened and actually a little depressed by everything I see and hear in the news.

Everyone pointing fingers of blame over everything that is wrong.  Some are valid accusations, some are lies layered on top of lies.  The right hates the left...the left hates the right.  People say whatever they want knowing full well that there isn't an ounce of truth to what they are saying.  Most people are repeating lies without checking facts.  The blind are leading the blind.  It is like a wild fire completely out of control.

How can Americans take back the nation from the politicians and the media?....and i don't just mean the liberel media....but the conservative meadia as well....not just liberal politicians but conservatives as well.....they ALL LIE.    Doesn't anyone have an ounce of integrity anymore?

Pass the Kool-Aid.

485495[/snapback]

People have to finally admit that they can't trust or believe politicians from either party. I've stated quite often that I no longer vote for any candidate from either major party. Nothing will change until people get mad as hell and fed up with the two-party system/dominance. I've argued it starts locally: get involved with an alternative party, or start voting alternative at the local level. Once the alternative parties get elected to local offices, then they can start winning national offices. It won't happen overnight, but it won't happen at all if you either become disenchanted or vote party line.

The silver lining is the feelings you express: if a large enough segment of the population feels this, then significant change for the better will happen.

People have to finally admit that they can't trust or believe politicians from either party.  I've stated quite often that I no longer vote for any candidate from either major party.  Nothing will change until people get mad as hell and fed up with the two-party system/dominance.  I've argued it starts locally: get involved with an alternative party, or start voting alternative at the local level.  Once the alternative parties get elected to local offices, then they can start winning national offices.  It won't happen overnight, but it won't happen at all if you either become disenchanted or vote party line.

The silver lining is the feelings you express: if a large enough segment of the population feels this, then significant change for the better will happen.

485551[/snapback]

Is the the parties or the personalities that get into politics? I don't trust anyone who goes into the profession regardless of why they got into it and where they came from.

If you live in the United States of America, you live in the Greatest place on the face of the earth.  There is no place I would rather be.

Everyone pointing fingers of blame over everything that is wrong.  Some are valid accusations, some are lies layered on top of lies.  The right hates the left...the left hates the right.  People say whatever they want knowing full well that there isn't an ounce of truth to what they are saying.  Most people are repeating lies without checking facts.  The blind are leading the blind.  It is like a wild fire completely out of control.

How can Americans take back the nation from the politicians and the media?....and i don't just mean the liberel media....but the conservative meadia as well....not just liberal politicians but conservatives as well.....they ALL LIE.    Doesn't anyone have an ounce of integrity anymore?

Pass the Kool-Aid.

485495[/snapback]

And you come here to feel better? ;)

Is the the parties or the personalities that get into politics?  I don't trust anyone who goes into the profession regardless of why they got into it and where they came from.

485555[/snapback]

And i thought I was cynical...

Term limits are looking more and more appealing.

Is the the parties or the personalities that get into politics?  I don't trust anyone who goes into the profession regardless of why they got into it and where they came from.

485555[/snapback]

That's what I think, too. You have to consider what kind of person wants to get into politics. Very few of them anymore really want to serve the people, they want to serve themselves. I look at them like sports agents or Hollywood agents. What kind of guy really wants that job, that is somewhat based in deceit, with the idea of how much you can bull sh-- someone if not downright cheat them out of money.

That's what I think, too. You have to consider what kind of person wants to get into politics. Very few of them anymore really want to serve the people, they want to serve themselves. I look at them like sports agents or Hollywood agents. What kind of guy really wants that job, that is somewhat based in deceit, with the idea of how much you can bull sh-- someone if not downright cheat them out of money.

485648[/snapback]

I don't know Kelly, sports agent sound pretty good. All that money and I hear they have a great cruise plan on lake Minnetanka. ;)

If you live in the United States of America, you live in the Greatest place on the face of the earth.   There is no place I would rather be.

Pass the Kool-Aid.

485495[/snapback]

Look at the bright side...gas prices are coming down. Now I can drive my V-80 Duragomatic to Starbucks to get my one gallon "Extra Supersize" double shot Frapolattehearattack (only 8,000 calories!) and then speed back to my newly built McMansion, covering 79,999 square feet on a 80,000 square foot lot just in time to hop my kid up on growth hormones and steriods.

Gooood Bleeeessss Ammmerrriiiiicaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the Kool-Aid.

Actually, for the most part the media isn't lying.  People in power are making remarkably bad decisions, on the war, on homeland security, on foreign policy, on the deficit, and on pretty much every facet of American life.

485495[/snapback]

Actually, for the most part the media isn't lying.  People in power are making remarkably bad decisions, on the war, on homeland security, on foreign policy, on the deficit, and on pretty much every facet of American life.

to a certain extent i agree...but i consider half truths to be lies. and that is a lot of what i see being reported.

to a certain extent i agree...but i consider half truths  to be lies.  and that is a lot of what i see being reported.

486209[/snapback]

Can someone explain to me what a half truth is? Either you're telling the truth as far as you know, or you're lying. There is no in between. Little white lies are for you five year old children. But they're still lies.

Can someone explain to me what a half truth is?  Either you're telling the truth as far as you know, or you're lying.  There is no in between.  Little white lies are for you five year old children.  But they're still lies.

486237[/snapback]

I agree that half truths are lies and that little white lies are still lies.

i know you know the difference...but here is a good example.

a half truth is me knowing that it is going to be a beautiful morning with clear blue skies and it will become overcast in the afternoon and rain like cats in dogs.

you ask me in the morning..."how is it out side...do i need an umbrella?"

i say, "it is beautiful blue skies right now."

mind you....i know the forcast is for heavy rain in the afternoon. So...I havn't lied but i have told you a half truth.

Everyone pointing fingers of blame over everything that is wrong.

485495[/snapback]

It's always easier to fix the blame rather than fix the problem.

I agree that half truths are lies and that little white lies are still lies.

i know you know the difference...but here is a good example.

a half truth is me knowing that it is going to be a beautiful morning with clear blue skies and it will become overcast in the afternoon and rain like cats in dogs.

you ask me in the morning..."how is it out side...do i need an umbrella?" 

i say, "it is beautiful blue skies right now."

mind you....i know the forcast is for heavy rain in the afternoon.  So...I havn't lied but i have told you a half truth.

486430[/snapback]

Ok, so seeing you didn't do your research I lied to you. You asked me two questions, I answered one. You're analogy is way flawed. If you fail to re-ask me the second question or clarify of whether you need an umbrella or not and you get wet, don't come blame me.