Game Thread!

Buffan00

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just a simple point , but we got killed through the air not the ground. Oak went to the ground once they got a 14 pt lead. This defense has been bad all season. PW would not have helped.

Gray needs to go . Get a D-coordinator who can use the talent.

483644[/snapback]

We got killed with whatever Oakland tried to do. When they wanted to throw it, they trew it. When they wanted to run it, they ran it. It didn't really matter.

0:09 to go, you're down by 21 points.  Rather than run out the clock, the Bills seem to have a burning desire to run another play; a screen pass?  Guess they wanted to give New England something to think about!!

Thats the problem with KH, no arm!

483613[/snapback]

I'm not sure if it's Holcomb's arm strength that is the problem. The coaches must not trust the line to block long enough for a downfield pass play to develop. The Raiders had most of their DB's hurt and we still didn't attempt to go downfield.

I can't remember being this disgusted with a Bills team in my life. Even the lowest of the RJ days were light years ahead of this crap (I was born in the 70s so I don't remember the 1-13 days). Ralph is going to drop before we ever sniff the playoffs again. I hate the fact that I'm so invested in this piece of **** excuse for a team.

RTB

I'm not sure if it's Holcomb's arm strength that is the problem.  The coaches must not trust the line to block long enough for a downfield pass play to develop.  The Raiders had most of their DB's hurt and we still didn't attempt to go downfield.

483656[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with the Oline. It takes a WR 2 seconds to run 15 yards down the field, the Oline gives him enough time he just doesn't pull the trigger...ever. That being said this debacle isn't all Holcomb's fault, the entire team just sucks on the road.

That's exactly why I was also against the QB switch.  I don't think we're a playoff team with either Losman or Holcomb,  so what's the point of getting a couple extra wins against cupcake teams?  There isn't one.  Get Losman in there,  get him some experience and for crying out loud,  get something accomplished for the long-term this season.  As it is,  it seems we're just supposed to be satisfied with being consistently mediocre.

483638[/snapback]

And I know Folks just cringe at this type of talk...But if in fact Playing JP means a couple more losses...well...at least it will strengthen our Draft Position. Because more than anything this Team is in dire, and I mean DIRE Need of Talent on both the Offensive and Defensive Lines...And sometimes the best way to get those impact-type Players is picking higher in the Draft...As sad as that statement may be...

Of coarse the completely blind, and of coarse TD/TM would have you believe a lack of Talent is not the problem with this Team... :angry:

I'm not sure if it's Holcomb's arm strength that is the problem.  The coaches must not trust the line to block long enough for a downfield pass play to develop.  The Raiders had most of their DB's hurt and we still didn't attempt to go downfield.

483656[/snapback]

You can't throw the ball down field if you don't have time for your receivers to run long routes. Bennie Anderson is HORRIBLE! and so is MT

The more of this mediocre crap I live through, the more I respect all of you 1970's fans. This is such a freakin' roller coaster. One week, we're living at the top. The next? Doom and gloom. Thirty-eight to seventeen.

Why the hell was JG's D so stout last year? What the hell happened to them? We were all drooling over our D and it just falls apart?

just a simple point , but we got killed through the air not the ground. Oak went to the ground once they got a 14 pt lead. This defense has been bad all season. PW would not have helped.

Gray needs to go . Get a D-coordinator who can use the talent.

483644[/snapback]

And that Talent would be???

Come on now...Sure McGee, Clements and Adams are good Players. But are they impact defenders...arguable...

The next best is Schobel or Fletcher...Again decent Players...but certainly not in the Top tier of their Position...

Then you have Vincent and Milloy...The "Past their Prime" Safety Tandem. Sure they would be real good surrounded by a great D, but on this D they become part of the problem, not the solution...

And after that what do you have. Granted, I'm no Jerry Gray Fan...never was, but considering what he has to work with I would definitely not put the blame on his scheme...no matter how bad it is...This Team lack talent and toughness on Defense...period...end of story...

Why the hell was JG's D so stout last year? What the hell happened to them? We were all drooling over our D and it just falls apart?

483715[/snapback]

They were always overated. They stink it up when it matters most. Today really cements it. Couldn't even beat a team that I thought was worse than us.