Buffan00

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tinman D....no heart.

483489[/snapback]

Heart is certainly not the only thing this D lacks...They are overmatched physically at almost every Position (apologies to Adams, Clements, and McGee...but 3 out of 11 aint too good...), add to that they run a scheme that looks akin to reckless abandon most of the time leaving gaping, and I mean HUGE gaping holes in the cut back Running Lanes and sometimes even gaping Holes in the primary Gap. Then to top it all off they are a barely average Defense in both areas of Tackling and Rushing The Passer, and this is what you get...Giving up HUGE points to very average Offensive Football Teams...

I would be lying if I said I was surprised by todays performance. This Defense is just not the same without Fat Pat, then losing TKO was the Death Blow....Get used to it Y'all...I dont imagine it's gonna get much better seeing as though this D is already allowing HUGE Rushing Numbers at Home...And the tough part of the Schedule is ahead of us...

Todays Game is the exact reason why I was not in favor of starting Holcomb. I knew the Bills would Win a few more Home Games vs. lousy Teams. But in the end, all you are doing is costing JP Game experience because this is not a very Good Team overall with a pourous Defense. Starting Holcomb pretty much assures the Bills will be 6-10 or even 7-9, instead of 4-12 or 5-11....And to that I say so what.... :angry:

See what happens when you try and build your offensive line on the cheap? The only legitimate attempt at an impact lineman Donahoe has mad was MW. We all know MW is a 1st round bust. You could cut him some more slack if he was drafted lower, but for the 4th pick in the draft he's a bust.

The Dolphins and Jets are not good teams. The victories over them gave many false hope. This team will have enough bright spots to tease us like every year but in the end they will still not be playoff caliber.

last play of the game...  and it sums up the season.

Horrible coaching, no heart, terrible usage of our best player (willis).  Absolutely awful.  Ralph needs to go "wade on the flight home from seattle" on jerry gray and tom donahoe.

483606[/snapback]

The screen pass is the staple of our offense. That and the 6 yard curl.

The Dolphins and Jets are not good teams.  The victories over them gave many false hope. 

483601[/snapback]

Bingo! And lets not forget how many Rushing Yards our Defense gave up in those Wins...The writing was pretty much on the wall...

Exactly.  We have a QB who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield, and a QB who CAN throw the ball downfield, but not withing 10 yards of a receiver.  :angry:

CW

483622[/snapback]

Put em both together and what do you have?...

Nevermind.... :doh:

Heart is certainly not the only thing this D lacks...They are overmatched physically at almost every Position (apologies to Adams, Clements, and McGee...but 3 out of 11 aint too good...), add to that they run a scheme that looks akin to reckless abandon most of the time leaving gaping, and I mean HUGE gaping holes in the cut back Running Lanes and sometimes even gaping Holes in the primary Gap. Then to top it all off they are a barely average Defense in both areas of Tackling and Rushing The Passer, and this is what you get...Giving up HUGE points to very average Offensive Football Teams...

I would be lying if I said I was surprised by todays performance. This Defense is just not the same without Fat Pat, then losing TKO was the Death Blow....Get used to it Y'all...I dont imagine it's gonna get much better seeing as though this D is already allowing HUGE Rushing Numbers at Home...And the tough part of the Schedule is ahead of us...

Todays Game is the exact reason why I was not in favor of starting Holcomb. I knew the Bills would Win a few more Home Games vs. lousy Teams. But in the end, all you are doing is costing JP Game experience because this is not a very Good Team overall with a pourous Defense. Starting Holcomb pretty much assures the Bills will be 6-10 or even 7-9, instead of 4-12 or 5-11....And to that I say so what....  :angry:

483581[/snapback]

That's exactly why I was also against the QB switch. I don't think we're a playoff team with either Losman or Holcomb, so what's the point of getting a couple extra wins against cupcake teams? There isn't one. Get Losman in there, get him some experience and for crying out loud, get something accomplished for the long-term this season. As it is, it seems we're just supposed to be satisfied with being consistently mediocre.

just a simple point , but we got killed through the air not the ground. Oak went to the ground once they got a 14 pt lead. This defense has been bad all season. PW would not have helped.

Gray needs to go . Get a D-coordinator who can use the talent.