This is hard to say!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your crazy. hes not even the best QB playing right now, much less best ever...

all you can say about brady is that he can drive 35-40 yards with 2 min. left to set up for a fieldgoal.

i can argue that hes not even the most valuble player on his own team.

your crazy. hes not even the best QB playing right now, much less best ever...

all you can say about brady is that he can drive 35-40 yards with 2 min. left to set up for a fieldgoal.

479031[/snapback]

I was think that the other night, when they got the ball back they started showing his "game winning" drives, most of them led to AV game winning FGs.

Brady-Patten-Givens reminds me a bit of Marino-Clayton-Duper. Not making a direct comparison, mind, but if NE's trio can stay together as long as MIA's did, they will remain competitive.

IMO.

479054[/snapback]

[/quote

guess they won't remain competitive cause Patten plays for the skins]

Brady-Patten-Givens reminds me a bit of Marino-Clayton-Duper. Not making a direct comparison, mind, but if NE's trio can stay together as long as MIA's did, they will remain competitive.

IMO.

479054[/snapback]

[/quote

guess they won't remain competitive cause Patten plays for the skins]

479059[/snapback]

:blink:

Oops! :D

I corrected it to read "Branch".

I was think that the other night, when they got the ball back they started showing his "game winning" drives, most of them led to AV game winning FGs.

479045[/snapback]

When the game is on the line and the other team is leading by less than

3 points, what do you think most of the coaches are going to do....go for

a TD ?

Brady-Branch-Givens reminds me a bit of Marino-Clayton-Duper.  Not making a direct comparison, mind, but if NE's trio can stay together as long as MIA's did, they will remain competitive.

IMO.

479054[/snapback]

You mean Deion Branch....

to play QB

I HATE to say it!!! BUt I think we should watch this guy play and enjoy what we are seeing...

I'll wish him a broken arm when he plays the Bills but damn he is a good QB

479027[/snapback]

The guy sure is good, but better than John Unitas?????

479031[/snapback]

It's hardly an argument- the best player on the Pats, and the one most responsible for all the 3-point wins in critical games, is of course the guy who kicks those 3-point scores.

It's hardly an argument- the best player on the Pats, and the one most responsible for all the 3-point wins in critical games, is of course the guy who kicks those 3-point scores.

479216[/snapback]

You may be right. I don't like to throw around superlatives (I'm no Dan "the greatest ever" Dierdorf), but that guy could possibly be the best kicker in NFL history.

You may be right.  I don't like the throw around superlatives (I'm no Dan "the greatest ever" Dierdorf), but that guy could possibly be the best kicker in NFL history.

479220[/snapback]

He's bailed them out of every tough situation over the course of the past 5 seasons, hitting clutch big kicks when their offense stalled over and over in big games.

If you want to confirm the MVP of the Pats watch the end of any of their big game retros during the recent past and you'll notice the MVP getting carried off the field by his teammates- and in virtually every case that player is Viniatieri.

Those field goals would not be possible were it not for the QB executing well on offense in the drives that precede them. How many times does Brady just march down the field at will with less than 2 minutes on the clock?

Perhaps AVin is the MVP but Brady is not as far behind as you may think.

He's bailed them out of every tough situation over the course of the past 5 seasons, hitting clutch big kicks when their offense stalled over and over in big games.

If you want to confirm the MVP of the Pats watch the end of any of their big game retros during the recent past and you'll notice the MVP getting carried off the field by his teammates- and in virtually every case that player is Viniatieri.

479234[/snapback]

Perhaps AVin is the MVP

479242[/snapback]

I appreciate you acknowledging who the BEST player is on the Pats.

I'd ask you to consider where they would have been over this span with Jake Arians kicking field goals for them. I can tell you this, no one would be talking about the QB who couldn't get them to the end zone!

I'd ask you to consider where they would have been over this span with Jake Arians kicking field goals for them. I can tell you this, no one would be talking about the QB who couldn't get them to the end zone!

Enough with the hypotheticals. Where WAS Vinatieri when Bledsoe was the QB? I can tell you this, no was talking about him as one of the best clutch kickers in NFL histroy!

Bottom line, Brady and Vinatieri are both HOF locks, and historically clutch. When the game's on the line and a FG is needed, Brady gets them in position and Vinatieri knocks it through.