Chalk This Up To........

The starting safety of the Seattle Seahawks took a pretty bad beating outside of a bar.

I am sure that most NFL players fear nobody on Earth, and frankly, there is little reason for them to do so. These guys are simply bigger, stronger, tougher and perhaps even crazier than almost anyone on the planet, BUT.....anybody, and I mean ANYBODY can run into the wrong person (or 2).

If this identical situation was to happen 1,000 times, I am thinking the NFL player would win 999 fights like this.

The following is that once......

You never know

If this identical situation was to happen 1,000 times, I am thinking the NFL player would win 999 fights like this.

479006[/snapback]

i disagree.......anyone (NFL player or not) is going to lose everytime when they chase two guys down the street who just beat their a** into the ground.......especially when their punching hand is already broken.....

The guys that beat his ass better hope they dont release their names...because if the Seahawk players find out who these 2 are, you can prepare for 2 more ICU victims...

479099[/snapback]

I'm sure "contacts" have been called already.

Oh yeah?  I'll tai-chi your ass into submission! :blink:

479184[/snapback]

i suppose you could confuse the stevestojan out of the guy you're fighting with taichi :doh:

"what the f* is that guy doing waving his arms around like that?" :D

actually, i was referring to something like muay thai, bjj or krav maga

The guys that beat his ass better hope they dont release their names...because if the Seahawk players find out who these 2 are, you can prepare for 2 more ICU victims...

479099[/snapback]

The guy had to be restrained by the club's security people. The club owner released a videotape of him breaking free from them and chasing after the two men, who had already left the vicinity of the club.

If I'm a Seahawk player, the only arse I'm to going to kick is my teammate's for being an idiot and hurting the team.

The starting safety of the Seattle Seahawks took a pretty bad beating outside of a bar.

I am sure that most NFL players fear nobody on Earth, and frankly, there is little reason for them to do so. These guys are simply bigger, stronger, tougher and perhaps even crazier than almost anyone on the planet, BUT.....anybody, and I mean ANYBODY can run into the wrong person (or 2).

You never know

479006[/snapback]

Whats up Bill In NYC?

You know, someone on the radio said it best. These stories never start, "outside a library at 2:00 AM"

Dont go to the clubs at 2:00 and you wont get into a fight...Simple

I think the numbers fall if you begin to trace it:

I think it was Joe Phillips, a NT for the Chargers who got beat up real good by a couple guys leaving a bar in San Diego.

A buddy of mine chased Ray Bentley out of a bar back home, and Joey didn't have Ray by more than 25 or 30 pounds. Then again Joey doesn't look like he has much to lose in a fight ;-)

When you compile things the odds are probably well in favor of the athletes, but I'd think more along the lines of 25 or 30 to 1.

It's Not the Size of the Dog in the Fight; It's the Size of the Fight in the Dog. :(

479019[/snapback]

Or, better yet, "It's Not the Size of the Dog in the Fight; It's the size of the sign the dog hits you over the head with."

You just never know what you're grabbing a hold of. You could be grabbing the 3 time New York State wrestling champ, how the hell would you know? I have seen this happen before, a few different times.

Remember the offensive lineman that grabbed Damien Covington is trainning camp? Didn't Marv Levy get a good chuckle out of that?

i suppose you could confuse the stevestojan out of the guy you're fighting with taichi  :blush:

"what the f* is that guy doing waving his arms around like that?"  :(

actually, i was referring to something like muay thai, bjj or krav maga

479192[/snapback]

what is the problem with krav maga? I understand that it is very effective in a street fight.